Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Jürgen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you ill more?...you become more ;)

so,i know its a spidertanksthread but here is one of my scolotanks.

and now...--> spidertanks ;-)

and for the little ones some of my little boxes :)

regards

Jürgen

Boris Striffler

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

here are some of my terraria:

Two big ones for Theraphosa and Pamphobeteus

and two for Coremiocnemis

Cheers,
Boris

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are some of my enclosures. :)

The A. geniculata is in a 10 gallon, the B. boehmei (invisible in the pic) and the N. coloratovillosus are in a 5.5 gallon tank.

The L. para babies and A. versicolor are in acrylic containers purchased at Michael's.

---
Wendy
---

Attachments

Last edited:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
some environment

Pterinochilus murinus, Usambara baboon

Poecilotheria regalis

Hysterocrate gigas

Poecilotheria regalis

Theraphosa blondi ( the big tank ) it has million of place to hide in this big piece of wood, unfortunatly I got no good picture of the inside at the moment.

Ceratogyrus darlingi

Last edited:

DanCameron

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Burrowing and Arboreal

All habitats have fake plants in them.
2 set ups for A. avicularia. The first has 3 currently in there, and the second only has one:

Here is another arboreal, P. regalis set up:

And now for the burrowing T's.
Here are 2 set ups I have for my H. lividums:

And for the others: H. schmidti, P. lugardi, and C. bechuanicus respectively:

I use either 50/50 vermiculite/peat moss or just straight up peat moss for the burrowing species. I find that either the mix or just peat moss makes it easier for them to burrow.

And now for how I keep them in my room:

DanCameron

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arboreal and burrowing

A. metallica colony: (I also set up the A. avicularia's in this same manner and am using that old tank to house my new H. schmidti which is photographed below.)

Haplopelma schmidti:

Gidget

Arachnopeon
terrestrial

This is a 15G for my A. geniculata that will be arriving tonight.
Substrate is coconut bark, just a bit damp throughout, with an exoterra/bowl hide (bowl underneath). I figure that she will make the changes she wants when she gets here... Very excited :D

Attachments

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Enclosure for new Ts (slings & sub adults)

I got the Ts I ordered settled into containers based on ideas from this board and "The Tarantula Keepers Guide". Here's the big picture view which shows all the containers. I provide hides for all, but most have elected to burrow under their hides. The containers by the router get some extra heat.

B. albopilosum 2"F
G. pulchra 1"
G. aureostriata 1.25"
G. rosea .75"
E. campestratus 1.25"
L. parahybana .5"
B. vagans .5"

View attachment 48459

Here's a closeup of the G. pulchra container. It burrowed under the pot and I haven't seen it since I put it in.

View attachment 48460

Using eco-earth as a substrate. Critter keeper was $5 at Petsmart, other containers from Michael's at $3 and less. Little pots also from Michael's.

Comments by PM welcome.

Last edited:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my terrarrium 2.0:

back view:

housing a .75" avcularia purpurea

Last edited:

Stefan-V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Deep and oportunistic burrowers, this case OBT

I had this crazy idea and I'm surprised how well it works!:)
Lavalamp with 120V 25W, Ziploc, 6" tall containers from superstore.
It just gets warm enough (78F) not too hot. They also can regulate the temperature by just moving to the opposite side. I think its great.

Stefan-V

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ha! that is cool. i use the same containers work really well. i like your holes better than mine though!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My setups. Not very exciting unfortunately. When I move house at the end of the summer I should have a lot more room. I plan on getting/building a large, glass-fronted cabinet so I can put all my tanks in there and heat the whole thing. Also when my Ts get nearer to full-size I'm gonna put them in those glass cube tanks and make em all pretty. But these are cheap and do the job okay for now.

Left red-lidded tank, 2.5" B. smithi.
White-lidded vial inside that tank, 0.75" C. cyaneopubescens.
Deli cup in the middle, 2" B. emilia, gets warmed by the heatmats on the two larger tanks.
Right red-lidded tank, 4" G. aureostriata.

All have 50/50 peat/vermiculite substrate. Smithi has coconut-shell hide, emilia has film canister hide. All but GBB have plastic water dishes.

Last edited:

meo

Arachnopeon
padkison said:
I got the Ts I ordered settled into containers based on ideas from this board and "The Tarantula Keepers Guide". Here's the big picture view which shows all the containers. I provide hides for all, but most have elected to burrow under their hides. The containers by the router get some extra heat.

B. albopilosum 2"F
G. pulchra 1"
G. aureostriata 1.25"
G. rosea .75"
E. campestratus 1.25"
L. parahybana .5"
B. vagans .5"

View attachment 48459

Here's a closeup of the G. pulchra container. It burrowed under the pot and I haven't seen it since I put it in.

View attachment 48460

Using eco-earth as a substrate. Critter keeper was $5 at Petsmart, other containers from Michael's at $3 and less. Little pots also from Michael's.

Comments by PM welcome.
Where did you got such containers?

meo

Arachnopeon
Terrarium

This is my terrariarium... I know it's not good quality but still I hope you will like it!!!

Attachments