Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
thats all of mine but one which won't fit on the table..maybe if i did some careful measuring..but i'm not even gonna bother. the other one is an a avic in a 12"x12"x18"

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
xgrafcorex said:
thats all of mine but one which won't fit on the table..maybe if i did some careful measuring..but i'm not even gonna bother. the other one is an a avic in a 12"x12"x18"
gotta love that jim beam set up ! good tast in burbon:clap: :clap: :clap:

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
heh i should've repositioned the other...its behind the irminia tank, holding down the lid on the g rosea tank and you can't see it haha. yea jim beam rules! :D

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
ehhh i was for a bit...been playing socom 3 more lately but i go on there...my old roommate was actually telling me to go on there tonight. we were in some tournament but those people were ridiculous and we got crushed every time haha. you do mean the computer right? on there my name is: grimXreefer

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here is a 18X18X24" Exoterra tank that I just finished to house my newly acquires female Cyriopagopus sp. "blue". She still has a molt or two until she is ready for this tank but it will give the tank time to grow in. The pictures are before and after the plants were added. Set up was the same as for my female Cyriopagopus schioedtei.
Mike

Attachments

diKe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Goliath said:
Here is a 18X18X24" Exoterra tank that I just finished to house my newly acquires female Cyriopagopus sp. "blue". She still has a molt or two until she is ready for this tank but it will give the tank time to grow in. The pictures are before and after the plants were added. Set up was the same as for my female Cyriopagopus schioedtei.
Mike
Wow, damn nice!

Please explain something to how you prepared the tank. How did you get the earth on the sides?

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thank you.

The setup is pretty simple, just time consuming. First coat each of the three sides of the tank with black silicone. Give each side about an hour to get tacky before you work on the other side, then once you are done with all the sides give the silicone 24 hrs to fully cure. After the silicone has cured place the wood in the tank where you would like it to be. Then take spray foam insulation, over here a commen brand is Great Stuff, and spray to cover the silicone and in and around the wood to lock it in place. You can spray it as thick or thin as you would like just remember it will expand 3 to 5 times its original volume. Do this for each of the sides, giving each sides 8 hrs to fully cure before you begin the next side. Once it has fully cured carve the foam how you would like it, you can makes cliffs, caves, planters, tree roots and whatever you can think of. After the tank is carved clean out all the extra foam and make sure you have a good clean surface on the foam to work with. Now taking one side at a time cover with brown or bronze silicone and as soon as that side is covered with silicone cover with dry coco-bedding or dry peat moss. Press this gently in and let this cure like this for about an hour. Then dump the excess peat or coco out and repeat for the other sides. After finishing the last side let it cure 8 hrs to fully set up. After curing clean up the eadges by removing any excess silicone that may not be covered by foam just to make the edges look better. Make sure that any planters that were carved into the walls are thoroughly coated on the inside with silicone so as not to leak water in the foam. Then you can plant the tank fill with soil, coco bedding, sphagnum moss, it is your choice depending on humidity requirements. Your plant selection will depend on your lighting, I put everything from orchids to bromeliads to ferns. I would stay away from desert succulents as the light requirement is usually too high. When done water thoroughly and place in the occupant of your choice. I am a big fan of arboreals so this what I am doing for my female arboreals.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Last edited:

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Terrestrial G.rosea

5 gallon tank (i think) housing a G.rosea named Raquel. I bought the coconut shell from a pet store ($2 dollars) got the tank for free, peat moss as substrate ($6 for two bags), went to the river and got the logs (free) and the fake plants i got from my mom (free). I made the cover using a wood plank and drilled holes into it. The most expensive item was my beautiful lady which cost me about ($15 dlls). The only thing that drives me crazy is the crickets going into stealth mode in the little holes that the log on top has :p but eventually they come out and face their destiny {D

Attachments

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just moved my G. aureostriata into a new tank. It's a 12"x12"x12" ExoTerra. Expensive, but very nice looking. 4" of substrate and 2 pieces of cork bark. Simple, but I wanted to leave the redecorating mostly up to him :)

He looks strangely tiny in this pic :confused:

Siienceofdeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The following is a enclosure I purchased. I however constructed the tunnel that is in it for burrowing T's. With this design I am able to view the T while it is in the tunnel, My T seems to love it. It did not come with the tunnel.

Attachments

themowingmonk

Arachnopeon
Heres my tank for my 2 1/2 inch G. Rosea named Tank. Coconut fiber substrate, small water dish, a half log and a plastic plant for some color. in my nice little dorm room set up.

The Tank on the top right is the tarantula

r4iney

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice enclosure Bungholio, it could use some cork/wood/bamboo backbround though.

Ms. Peaches

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just bought this caging unit yesterday. The unit houses 4 individual T's seperatly. I set these up but won't be putting anything in it for a day or so so the glue and all can dry. The enclosure will house a

Top View (empty)

Front View (empty)

Full Front View (set up)

Back View (set up)

Front

Individual Pics (front)

Top View

The T's that will be moved into these cages are
1. P. irminia

2. P. regalis (picking this one up next week)

3. A. avicularia

4 A. versicolor

No Tarantuals have been put into these cages....so if anyone see's anything that needs to be changed or added (other then the water dishes) please PM me or email me at peaches1926us@yahoo.com so that I can make the nessasary changes before rehousing the T's

RobbinLara

Arachnopeon
Amber NICE job...I love the orchids. I really need to get off my arse and post some pics!

ArachnoSoldier

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my Regalis's home

exo terra... yea, a bit expensive.. but a sweet setup for an abboreal.
and for some reason, he likes to <poop> on the front doors.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaxsWastedLife

Arachnopeon
My cobalt enclosure

Here is a pic of the enclosure that my cobalt is in. The temp usually is about 70-78 deg. The cobalt is living in the left corner behind the cork bark but moves to the plastic hide the other help of the time. The white plastic thing is crix food so they don't munch on the cobalt. The substrate is peat. I mist is twice a day with distilled water. I don't think my cobalt eats much i put crix in and sometimes they disappear, or died somewhere i cannot see them. No burrow yet & I had her in the same place for a few months now. :confused:

Questions comment welcome!!!

Attachments