Do you look like a spider person???

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
5'9", a little heavy set. Currently rocking a super 80's mullet with a door knocker goatee, baggy black t-shirts with jeans or cargo shorts. Fairly standard metal guy, though I'm actually more into country and folk than anything. A good collection of tattoos, though a short sleeve shirt and long pants will cover all of them.

What does a bug person look like? (Started with scorps, don't feel the right to identify as a spider person just yet.)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Is it insulting or a compliment to look like a spider person?
I suppose it all depends how it's delivered. The the human us screwing up their face whilst saying "and they look like a spider person" then that'd be insulting if you allow yourself to feel insulted that is.

If they're wide eyed and nodding like a puppy whilst saving "and they look like a spider person" than it's complimentary.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I suppose it all depends how it's delivered. The the human us screwing up their face whilst saying "and they look like a spider person" then that'd be insulting if you allow yourself to feel insulted that is.

If they're wide eyed and nodding like a puppy whilst saving "and they look like a spider person" than it's complimentary.
I will take it as an insult then when people say it doesn't surprise them

Leila

Arachnobaron
Nah, don't be insulted! :) Lol. I definitely don't feel insulted by ignorant, misinformed people who make that "ermagherd, ewwwww" face because I love spiders. (There are more than a few of my coworkers who have made that annoying reaction...:rolleyes: But these are also people who have zero clue about anything aside from their sheltered, small-town lives; it is difficult to expect much from them.)

basin79

ArachnoGod
That's up to your good self. Me I'm not bothered what others think about my appearance. I know I look like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. And I'd look like this whether I kept spiders or sugar gliders.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
That's up to your good self. Me I'm not bothered what others think about my appearance. I know I look like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. And I'd look like this whether I kept spiders or sugar gliders.
Great attitude!

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The average person probably thinks we're all like Josh Taft the spider farm guy from "Eight Legged Freaks".

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I'm a short little woman in my sixties. I have dark hair with some gray in it and dress in comfy clothes. Most of my friends think I should be sitting in a chair knitting surrounded by grandchildren and yappy lapdogs...ummm, no thanks. Most people are shocked when they find out I keep spiders and insects, they just don't get it, lol.

Deeser

Arachnosquire
Lol! What an entertaining read :)

People tend to be surprised and shocked that I keep spiders and snakes. They all live in my home-office behind locked door and house tours always end in surprise when guests come upon that room.

I'm 29, 6'4" with blue eyes and brown hair. I work as project manager for a telco and dress the part of your typical office worker. I DO have stretched ears though and am a pretty obvious ganja enthousiast, so maybe a little more edgy looking than the average office stiff.

20170909_180915.jpg

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
I would say I definitely do not look like a spider person at first glance. I'm a 20 year old male college student at MSU that's currently majoring in pre-med. I have my medical marijuana card and can party with the best of them. I love music and my two favorites would probably be rap and rock. However, anyone that knows me knows that I love animals. Specifically at a young age I was always fascinated with the scary misunderstood animals such as spiders, scorpions, snakes, sharks, etc. I love tarantulas with a passion as they're so diverse, beautiful, and utterly fascinating. I take great pride in showing off my collection to friends and family as well!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I messed up shaping up my facial fuzz and had to lop the lot off so now walking around looking like a giant man-baby.

Or a young Chief Wiggum after chemo... I dunno.

22041992_1871576799522417_5722070553471532365_o.jpg

I want my beard back :arghh:

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
To an outside person I guess I wouldn't look like a spider person. I'm only a 20 year old kinda small, scraggly brown haired, pale with chunky glasses female who doesn't really go out very much and has terrible social issues face to face. I think people expect me to own soft and adorable animals like rabbits or hamsters... and I do own hamsters, in fact, I adore hamsters to death, but I guess they also don't expect to find out that I have snails, millipedes, spiders, beetle larvae, wasps and a ton of other things not very far from where their enclosures are.

People that know me know I have wierd interests, but I haven't exactly been vocal about me keeping my creepy crawly critters. Sometimes I get rather confused replies, sometimes I get the inevitable 'why' and sometimes they just don't care at all. Only a handful of people seem to really get with the idea and be alright with it or even ask questions and share in that passion. I guess with the multitude of interests I have that no one gives a toss about, I shouldn't be all that surprised that my animals are yet another subject that's cast aside.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I messed up shaping up my facial fuzz and had to lop the lot off so now walking around looking like a giant man-baby.

Or a young Chief Wiggum after chemo... I dunno.

View attachment 255856

I want my beard back :arghh:
Aye definitely some sort of Chernobyl man baby without the facial decorations. That poor woman. Talk about needing stitches.