Do you look like a spider person???

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
@cold blood Your trout are bigger than what's in most of the rivers here, with the exception of some of the spring creeks... look like some great catches! Still though, there's great fast-action fly fishing with beautiful views here in Idaho, and I love catching ten to twelve inch rainbows all day if the currents are complicated and the fish are attacking dry flies with complete abandon.

Here are my playgrounds. The kid is my ten year old daughter wrecking Fall Creek with a three weight. :D
20171019_135501.jpg 20170916_124649.jpg 20170904_154157.jpg 20170824_160936.jpg 20170610_120203.jpg 20161129_095235.jpg

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
@cold blood Your trout are bigger than what's in most of the rivers here, with the exception of some of the spring creeks... look like some great catches! Still though, there's great fast-action fly fishing with beautiful views here in Idaho, and I love catching ten to twelve inch rainbows all day if the currents are complicated and the fish are attacking dry flies with complete abandon.

Here are my playgrounds. The kid is my ten year old daughter wrecking Fall Creek with a three weight. :D
View attachment 256150 View attachment 256151 View attachment 256152 View attachment 256153 View attachment 256154 View attachment 256155
Oh. Hell. I'm moving lol!

cold blood

Staff member

View attachment 256150 View attachment 256151 View attachment 256152 View attachment 256153 View attachment 256154 View attachment 256155
Yeah, that's a beautiful place.

I hear ya though, love fishing the riffs with dry flies. One of my favorite times was fishing a big stretch of riffles on a river in the rockies...caught fish all day, fish hitting every drift...none of them were big (10-12" might have been the biggest), but it was still fun a time I will never forget.

While I haven't fished your state, I have fished Montana, Wyoming and Colorado rivers and streams....I actually learned to fly fish on the Yellowstone river....some grisled old guy felt bad for the kid not catching anything and really helped me out with some of the little things I didn't understand back then...my first trout on a fly rod was a 26" cut throat.....Back then there was so much pressure you needed to fish the tiniest of flies...like size 20-22....learned the benefits of downsizing that day:) That old guy grabbed my size 16 gnat and pulled out a knife and hacked it to nothing...I was so worried about him wrecking my new fly:anxious:....2 drifts later I was hooked up for the first time:cigar:...that hacked up fly became something special to me until it fell apart.

keks

Arachnobaron

What a great environment!!

(And again I miss a heart-eyed smilie :arghh: )

I just read from page 9 I think, OMG, in what direction was this thread running! Thank you all for a breakfast with a lot of laughs :kiss:.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I just read from page 9 I think, OMG, in what direction was this thread running! Thank you all for a breakfast with a lot of laughs :kiss:.
I'm not certain that a single one of us knows. :cat:

Btw, while we are on the topic of being so off-topic, I have a question...just something I might have noticed:
Am I seriously the only person here who utilizes the little kitty smiley face emoji?

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron

Btw, while we are on the topic of being so off-topic, I have a question...just something I might have noticed:
Am I seriously the only person here who utilizes the little kitty smiley face emoji?
i use it sometimes! To be honest, it is so hard to see all the teeny emojis when I pull them uo and that one stands out to me so I use it occasionally. Plus, kitties. :cat::cat::cat:

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Ha! Yeah, a very old photo of my aunts and grandmother on my dad's side of the family. (I was wondering if someone would notice that. Lol)
Wonder why it's put my name in the quote when it was Chris who typed that?

keks

Arachnobaron

For me it is YOUR personal emoji ^^. I am not lovely enough for this cute kitty :zombie: :D.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Wonder why it's put my name in the quote when it was Chris who typed that?
True! I don't know what happened for jumping out your nickname instead of mine, probably a glitch, like Leila said :)

2017-10-29_170815.png

2017-10-29_170854.png

Or probably, I'm your 'Nemesis', like Dr. Jekyll :kiss: ah ah jok

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
just something I might have noticed:

That would make you the cat lady. By some strange cosmic coincidence, I happen to have a cat named Lila.