Any New Additions?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Got an Agnostopelma tota and a Bistriopelma lamasi this weekend from Joe Rossi at Repticon. Both slings are tiny, particularly the B lamasi.

Also received a surprise freebie GBB, because even though I have almost 40 spiders now, I've never had one of those before, and apparently that is not allowed XD

Finally, also picked up a Kukulcania hibernalis and a Kukulcania arizonica, both of which were wild caught by the vendor. I've kept K arizonica before, but my previous specimen died prematurely due to what I believe was impaction :/ Hopefully I'll have better luck with these two ladies.

Got another two deliveries coming Wednesday, so doing a lot of enclosure prep today!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Got an Agnostopelma tota and a Bistriopelma lamasi
Never heard of them before and had to look them up... WOW! These are some gorgeous looking Ts! :astonished: How big do they get? They seem to be on the smaller side, am I right?
They're going definitely on my wishlist, especially the B. lamasi. :kiss:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Never heard of them before and had to look them up... WOW! These are some gorgeous looking Ts! :astonished: How big do they get? They seem to be on the smaller side, am I right?
They're going definitely on my wishlist, especially the B. lamasi. :kiss:
Yess! Thank you!
They are both smaller species that were found in rocky habitats at higher elevations. I'm still doing a bit of reading on these guys, but I don't expect the A tota to get much larger than 3 inches, and the B lamasi maybe a bit smaller than that. The B lamasi sling is about the same size as my Aphonopelma saguaro sling, which is the smallest sling I've ever had. I guess they can have a growth race XD

The A tota is also very small, but already has that round abdomen that you'll see in pictures of it. Both are really beautiful species! I'll post photos shortly.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Nearly 7 months after his mature date, I finally got in the mail today some slings out of a breeding loan from my first ever mature male. Sadly the egg sac was small, even for I. mira, but I'm still ecstatic to have ended up with three slings to carry on the legacy of my favorite little oddball.

On top of that, I even recieved a couple awesome freebies; an A. aurantiaca and an A. ulrichea sling! :D 10/10 best breeding loan experience ever... ONLY breeding loan experience atm, but that's besides the point! :p

Attachments

Last edited:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Got two orders today! One more Euathlus parvulus (up to 3 now), an Aphonopelma parvum, and an Aphonopelma superstitionense.

The parvum is almost as friendly and curious as my H chilensis, and totally won my heart over. It just wants to explore, and my skin is not lava. Suuuper cute!

Attachments

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just received 4 C.elegan slings today from Gaherp. Been wanting to get dwarfs for awhile. I nearly laughed when I got them all out of their shipment vials. I've seen fleas bigger than these babies lol.
IMG-3694.jpg

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Had a great day at the Show Me Snakes expo today - they had a handfull of T vendors there, and while I didn't find my Chilobrachys fimbriatus nor any H. chilensis, I still walked away with a handful of new Ts! :p

1/2" Pterinopelma sazimai, incredibly excited to have one of these back in my collection after losing a sling I got as a freebie two years back. No pics of the little thing as it's currently too buried to get a good image.

1/3" Aphonopelma chalcodes sling. This thing is so damn tiny, terribly adorable and will be awesome (if not mildly agonizing) to watch it slowly grow into its adult coloration.
20191117_144554.jpg

~1 1/2" Ephebopus uatuman, unsexed but the ventral has me hopeful it'll turn out female (knock on wood)! For something called the Emerald Skeleton, this T has a crazy amount of purple iridescence.
20191117_144459.jpg

And last pickup being this gal; a 4"+ female Aphonopelma hentzi, minus a leg. Still, a lovely robust girl who I expect will clean up real nicely after a molt. Awesome to finally get a couple US natives in the collection! :D
20191117_144623.jpg

And on the opposite side of things, I also found a vendor to wholesale my remaining N. incei slings to, so even after spending a small chunk of cash I still managed to come out of this putting money back in my pocket. A pretty successful day, if ya ask me. :cigar:

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Last night I came across a Craigslist add for about 8 or 10 tarantulas for sale. The A. seemanni caught my eye.

So I brought home a sweet 5” A. seemanni and a cute little 2” G. pulchripes. Both look like they are in a hard pre-moult.

The A. seemanni is buried in her burrow at the bottom of her enclosure, once she comes up I'll re-house her into a nice clear container. Her current sterilite setup makes it impossible to enjoy her beauty.

The little G. pulchripes had buried itself under it cork bark. I carefully lifted the bark, checked her over, and moved from her milky sided tub into a nice clear container.

The guy through in about 30 Dubia Roaches. When I got home and got everything situated with the tarantulas, I began setting up a Dubia colony, to go with my red runner colony that I have at school.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
87406D14-1473-4234-9B77-9889085C6C6C.jpeg
Ceratogyrus marshalli I got a couple months ago at Repticon

Last edited:

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
Picked up 3 on Sunday at the expo show

Finally got a C. versicolor, A geniculata ('brocklehursti') and H incei female
I love this girl!
IMG_4006.JPG

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Attended what I believe is the last expo in my state for the year. Went hoping I'd either find a C. fimbriatus or H. chilensis, but alas there was only one T dealer and he had neither.

I did however, walk away with 2 new additions;

0.1.0 subadult Heteroscodra maculata - Angel Dust. She was quite well behaved during the transfer. Got a picture so I'll have proof she exists after she goes full ghost like the S. cal did. :rofl:

20191124_171107.jpg

And much to my excitement, I finally got another P. ornata! :astonished: Utterly ecstatic, I was so gutted after losing my 4" female in February. The guy also had a few more species on the ESA listing and by god do I wish I'd had the money to buy at least one of each. Them slings have really climbed in price for some dealers, but it's not like I have a lot of options with the hobby being so small in my state. :hurting:

The ornata is a little 1" sling. I brought my (arachnophobic) mother with me to the show, and she ended up naming the sling Jigsaw because of the abdominal pattern. I kind of like it. :smug:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
At Repticon, I saw a Grammostola iheringi sling that I had to take home, as they are hard to come by.

I also bought this Grammostola actaeon sling.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Just bought the following slings: Acanthoscurria geniculata, Ephebopus cyanognathus, Grammostola pulchra/quirogai

The itch to get more has been pretty bad lately... bought a Paravaejovis spinigerus (Stripe Devil Scorpion) last week in an attempt to placate myself. Apparently that didn't work :rolleyes:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Today I got a: juvenile female TCF OBT
juvenile female Pterinopelma sazimai
Haplocosmia himalayana sling
GBB sling
Photos to come!

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last few months or so:
Aphonopelma gabeli (AF)
Aphonopelma xwalxwal (Unsexed juv)

NorseDad

Arachnopeon
Went to Repticon in Orlando this past weekend. I got an A. Geniculata, L. Parahybana, and an A. Seemanni. It brings my merry band up to 7. All are slings except the A. Seemanni. She was more or less a freebie, so i now have her in a much larger enclosure than pictured.
59742860312__F6AB157C-6675-4012-B409-12281B46ACAD.JPG IMG_4359.jpg

P.S. I'm not driving in that first picture. I'm in the parking lot. :)

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A seller i sometimes buy from sells Cyriopagopus sp hati hati slings for 12$. I am intrigued, but i have to put my money otherwise now in christas time i think