About 2 weeks ago I took delivery of
Brachypelma albopilosum 5cm
Brachypelma emilia 1cm
Brachypelma vagans 3cm
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.5cm
Avicularia avicularia Peru purple 1.5cm
Psalmopoeus irminia 2cm
Poecilotheria Metallica 3cm

All now feeding and webbing up nicely. I really would like to see the P. irminia one day, it made a little mound of web and dirt against the cork bark and haven't seen it since, but the crickets are disappearing so I'm taking that as a good sign. Boy was that thing fast.

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
I got two little b schroederi slings from a forum user. They threw in a freebie, and I assumed I was getting a b albo or something, but it was a GBB! I have a juvie already, but I’ve been wanting to raise one as a sling to see all those color changes.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Three great species. The colours of the P sazimai are so underrated, in my opinion.
I am looking forward to having a blue spider. (My versi sling is currently blue, but she won't remain a blueberry forever.)

fishboyuk

Arachnopeon
Picked up a few new ones today

3 Brachypelma albopilosum slings
2 Caribena versicolor
1 Prerinopelma sazimai
1 Psalmopoeus pulcher

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Got a cb Brachypelma Hamorii 1.5 to 2" sling today. Totally bald abdomen so I know they are a little hair kicker! With any luck my 1/2" sling turns out to be a male and the bigger one female. Not sure if growth rates would coincide but could end up a breeding pair.

Next weekend is the last expo of the year in my area and may end up with a few more slings.

Picked up a few new ones today

3 Brachypelma albopilosum slings
2 Caribena versicolor
1 Prerinopelma sazimai
1 Psalmopoeus pulcher
Awesome t's! P saz are gorgeous! I want to get one down the road when I have more experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
The colours of the P sazimai are so underrated, in my opinion.
It doesn't help that a lot of photos of them are color enhanced. People get them expecting something like a freshly molted P. metallica and are disappointed when that doesn't happen.

fishboyuk

Arachnopeon
About 2 weeks ago I took delivery of
Brachypelma albopilosum 5cm
Brachypelma emilia 1cm
Brachypelma vagans 3cm
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.5cm
Avicularia avicularia Peru purple 1.5cm
Psalmopoeus irminia 2cm
Poecilotheria Metallica 3cm

All now feeding and webbing up nicely. I really would like to see the P. irminia one day, it made a little mound of web and dirt against the cork bark and haven't seen it since, but the crickets are disappearing so I'm taking that as a good sign. Boy was that thing fast.
My P. irminia took a decent sized locust overnight on Friday then I found a fresh moult outside it's curtains this morning. I can't wait to see it one day maybe :p

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It doesn't help that a lot of photos of them are color enhanced. People get them expecting something like a freshly molted P. metallica and are disappointed when that doesn't happen.
Personally, I prefer the dark, subdued blue.

Hannahs Herps

Arachnopeon
Got a whole bunch of slings last night from a local breeder for extremely good prices.
3x B. emilia 1/4"
3x N. incie 1/3"
3x P. irminia 1"
1x T. violaceus 1"
1x GBB 1/2"

Haven't had slings in a year so this will be interesting.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
View attachment 323223
No enhancement, still beautiful imo.
Personally, I prefer the dark, subdued blue.
My post was more about my dislike of color enhanced photos rather than anything against P sazimai. Mine is more of a lilac color, I'm not sure if that will change as she matures, but I don't really care - I like her fine as she is.

But I do think these color enhanced photos end up causing disappointment, and are basically done mostly as dishonest advertising by dealers. Although some are probably done by keepers to make others think they have a "special" T.

Last edited:

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
My post was more about my dislike of color enhanced photos rather than anything against P sazimai. Mine is more of a lilac color, I'm not sure if that will change as she matures, but I don't really care - I like her fine as she is.

But I do think these color enhanced photos end up causing disappointment, and are basically done mostly as dishonest advertising by dealers. Although some are probably done by keepers to make others think they have a "special" T.
Thats kinda dissapointing that dealers would do that. I can see your point with keepers though. See that a lot with reptiles and different morphs. I never have cared about stuff like that. I have a crazy leopard gecko morph that most havent seen before but that wasn't even on my mind when I got her (except for the price difference). I was looking more at personality and she is awesome!

I can see the problem with photo enhancement on tarantulas. I have seen a few P saz in person and they all are cool looking at that 3" mark!

Himotas

Arachnopeon
Im new here and also i start this hobby again after 4years break. I was kind a big tarantula keeper (+100 pieces) in Finland. Here is list of the last two month when i start feed to my addiction:
0.0.1 Heteroscodra maculata
0.0.1 Lampropelma violanceopes
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus
0.0.1 Poecilotheria striata
0.0.1 Poecilotheria ornata
0.1.1 Poecilotheria Regalis
0.0.2 Poecilotheria Rufilata
0.0.2 Pocilotheria subfusca sp. lowland
0.0.2 Poecilotheria miranda
0.0.2 Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli
0.0.3 Poecilotheria metallica
1.1 Poecilotheria formosa