Who molted today?

mealworm

Arachnopeon
My A. calcodes sling finally, and I mean finally molted. Like watching paint dry waiting for this little guy to gain some size. lol.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
My two Ornithoctoninae sp. "Phan cay Blue" juveniles have FINALLY, and definitely, entered premolt; hoping to see them grow within the next couple of weeks....

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My A. calcodes sling finally, and I mean finally molted. Like watching paint dry waiting for this little guy to gain some size. lol.
Wait till they get bigger! I have a adult female that was in premoult and refusing food for 13 months 🤣 chalcodes do nothing fast 😂

My H. Mac just molted yesterday after 7 days of showing signs of a premolt. Had me worried because every other day this dude would flip on his back and then crawl around the enclosure. Thought I was going to lose him on day 6 and I decided to make him an ICU. Left him for 5 hours at 100% humidity and came back to a fresh spider!
If your t is flipping its not a sign of dieing , just for future reference as moving your t that close to a moult could of caused problems for the t , if your t is dieing its legs will curl under it won't flip on its back. Flipping on their bk is a sign of a moult and that only .

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
If your t is flipping its not a sign of dieing , just for future reference as moving your t that close to a moult could of caused problems for the t , if your t is dieing its legs will curl under it won't flip on its back. Flipping on their bk is a sign of a moult and that only .
OP, did you mean you were afraid the T would die because he was stuck/unable to molt? "ICU"s usually do more harm than good. Imagine being trapped in a small closet sized sauna room, with no incoming air flow for 5 hours. While wanting to increase humidity (maybe he was dehydrated?) is understandable, as @Charliemum said, moving a premolt T could cause problems for the T and the "ICU" can make that even worse. Glad to hear your T molted succesfully and we'd all love to see pics of your beautiful H Mac in his fresh new suit.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My Nhandu caraponensis saf 'Namaari' moulted last night as I slept 😊 20230322_072107.jpg
Not the best pic you can see the leg of her moult at the side and her floofy booty n bk legs as she's now way to big to fit properly in her burrow still trying though 😆. Will let her harden get a few meals in her and get her shifted into her big girl viv I think 😊 don't think I will make the effort I usually do though because it's just gunna end up as a barron waist land anyways , this girl aways buries everything 🤣

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Didn't expect this kiddo to beat my Ornithoctoninae sp. "Phan Cay Blues" to a molt, but there you go:

My P. regalis large sling/small juvenile next door has also been out of sight for the past two days, and I suspect it's either about to molt very soon or already has done so overnight. Combined with the "Phan Cay"s it seems I still have more than a few molts to go through within the next month....

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
3 today 😊
Itsy Bitsy our Caribena versicolor male eventually got his big boy colours through 20230324_121538.jpg
Nut our Brachypelma albiceps male also got his big boy colours 20230324_112926(0).jpg
Bonnita one of my trio of brachypelma smithi slings moulted too looking super cute all stretched out 20230324_101223.jpg

Kegaran

Arachnopeon
Didn't get a photo but my Nhandu coloratovillosus sling finally resurfaced from it's burrow about 30-40% larger then it was before so I'll count it!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My little floofer moulted Cupcake my male Tliltocatl albopilosus ometepe island form has moulted , he put on good size and looks like it all went well 😊 20230325_225312.jpg
Not the best pic but I didn't want to move his viv just for a pic. (There are vivs either side.) Well done Cupcake 😊

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
My P. regalis large sling/small juvenile next door has also been out of sight for the past two days, and I suspect it's either about to molt very soon or already has done so overnight. Combined with the "Phan Cay"s it seems I still have more than a few molts to go through within the next month....
Turns out that the next molt up wasn't any of those three (no, the regalis hasn't molted yet...). It was one of my P. ornata slings.
IMG_6062.jpg

Jaycooks1

Arachnopeon
My Psalmo Victori molted sometime this week i found molt webbed to the top of dram when i opened to check the water dish.This little Psalmo is coming along well.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My little Tliltocatl sabulosum Vivian moulted yesterday. 2 inches on the moult and I think she may be female but not 100% as the only reference pic I could find was of a much bigger female. 20230326_103549.jpg Screenshot_20230326_151128_Gallery.jpg
If anyone can tell for definite if she's a she please let me know , thanks just incase 😊 n well done Vivian 👏

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Returned from 12 days away to find molts from 0.0.1 Harpactira dictator, 0.1 Psalmopoeus victori (she gained almost an inch of leg span and is close to 5" DLS now), and 1.0 Psalmopoeus cambridgei (pics below).
20230326_102949.jpg
Not mature yet, but look at those legs!
20230327_001115.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
My young female Thrixopelma pruriens molted this evening. She's grown quickly!
20230327_190146.jpg

And my 0.1 Psalmopoeus victori a few days post-molt, looking awesome:
20230327_190245.jpg