Who molted today?

jsmalley93

Arachnopeon
Well it has been molt central for me the past couple weeks. Three of my slings molted in just two weeks. My (in order of pictures) Brachypelma albopilosum, Lasiodora parahybana, and Psednocnemis brachyramosa all molted.

molts and good weekend 001.jpg
DSCF2002.jpg
molts and good weekend 002.jpg

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, i dont know if this counts, but my OBT was out today. She has definitely molted. She was 5" or so, and doesnt appear to have grew too much (cant be certain yet) DLS wise, however she sure looks bulkier in the carapace area. I will try to get pics when shes out of her webbing.

xTimx

Arachnoknight
My Xenesthis sp. Blue JUST finished molting! cant wait to see if its a male or female!

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ozzy the A.genic sling moulted overnight.

Maybe both Ozzy and Shiro (G.pulchra earlier this week) are girls with synched periods!

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
My wonderful G. pulchripes sling, Persephone, molted last night. Incredibly easy to finally get a definite gender from her exuvia. 100% female, this one!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Doing cage maintenance, I discovered that my P. cambridgei, "Moriko", molted yesterday. Pulled out the molt in hopes it would be a nicely intact one, but she mangled that one too :( Really hoping I can get a big one from her at some time...want one for a showcase ;)

Old-molt, 5.5" - she looks to be in the 6" now...
P1030071.JPG

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just accidentally discovered my C. ritae in mid molt

I have a bad feeling that this will be my first "bad molt" experience. The carapace and chelicera were out (from what i saw) and there was absolutely no movement with my accidental intrusion.

I was in the middle of misting its condiment cup (its been in premolt since September, so i mist like every 3 days lately) when i discovered it was finally molting.

I have my fingers crossed.

brotony101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good luck, Grayzone!

My female Aphonopelma "Carlsbad Green" is now doing her stretches. I should play the soundtrack for Flashdance.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
My B. smithi molted last night...saw her making the molting mat as I went to bed. Glad she did it.

Also, a somewhat bad pic of my Lp stretching from his molt the other day....needs a new home now...lol. Easily an inch and a half now..crazy to remember how he was only 1/4" when I first got him. :D

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just accidentally discovered my C. ritae in mid molt

I have a bad feeling that this will be my first "bad molt" experience. The carapace and chelicera were out (from what i saw) and there was absolutely no movement with my accidental intrusion.

I was in the middle of misting its condiment cup (its been in premolt since September, so i mist like every 3 days lately) when i discovered it was finally molting.

I have my fingers crossed.
apparently all the finger crossings in the world couldnt save this girl. She is still stuck in her molt and is completely unresponsive. I think it was likely dead or dying yesterday when i found her.
She (im 98% sure) was one of, if not my most cherished ts in my collection. I sought after this thing for a long time and I cant even express how bad i feel right now. I usually dont get upset when a specimin dies, but DANG..
This is the first time ive ever had a molt issue, and i cant believe it happened to my little lady.:cry:

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What sort of monster did it moult into ?

The scarey type that makes you want to hide behind the sofa or the really scarey type that makes your butt go all loose and squirty ?

Did it have green eyes and long claws dripping with blood ?

or if you are asking did anyone elses tarantula moult today, yes I had 27 moults today that I noticed (probably had more but didnt check the slings today)