Who molted today?

macbaffo

Arachnolord
R: i molted today any1 else

What sort of monster did it moult into ?

The scarey type that makes you want to hide behind the sofa or the really scarey type that makes your butt go all loose and squirty ?

Did it have green eyes and long claws dripping with blood ?

or if you are asking did anyone elses tarantula moult today, yes I had 27 moults today that I noticed (probably had more but didnt check the slings today)
Ahahaahahah Peter!

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Congradulations! No matter how much I eat I have not molted in 43 years :(

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
If only we humans could moult! Shed our skin every few years, revealing a completely new, fresh you! All the cosmetics companies would go out of business, as would all plastic surgeons and beauticians!

Someone needs to find a way to infuse our DNA with that of spiders!

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I can only imagine what life would be like if humans molted.

There'd be laws against dumping exuviae on public property.
Health class would include "What to expect when you're expecting a molt."
Houses would have "molting rooms."
Children would be measured by instars and age. "How old is he?" "Oh he's 18 months and fifth instar." "Wow, my Johnny is 24 months and only fourth instar! You've been feeding that one well!"

brotony101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Really sucks, Grayzone. :( I know what it feels like.

My 2nd G. pulchra molted today. Love 'em when they're black. :D And my P. antinous is ready to molt within the next week most likely. Abdomen is BLACK where it was just flesh tone from kicked hairs since I've had her.

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
We could overfeed out kids to make them grow faster! They'd be adults before 12!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can only imagine what life would be like if humans molted.

There'd be laws against dumping exuviae on public property.
Health class would include "What to expect when you're expecting a molt."
Houses would have "molting rooms."
Children would be measured by instars and age. "How old is he?" "Oh he's 18 months and fifth instar." "Wow, my Johnny is 24 months and only fourth instar! You've been feeding that one well!"
would we all have generic names until we were able to be sexed? Or would dimorphism be present early on?

I, for one, like the idea of being able to lose an arm and have it regenerate.

Arachtis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No molts today for me, but I have a couple of B. vagans slings in pre-molt that could flip onto their backs at any moment.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yesterday "Azure" one of my triplet of A. purpurea molted = male. Size around 3.25" now.
2 days ago the bigger of the C. fimbriatus molted, molt was too mangled to judge the sex sadly. Size roughly 1.75-2" now. Boy do they grow quick!

Saark

Arachnosquire
A couple B. smithi molt pics

Here are a couple of pics of my B. smithi's molt from sometime last night(2/3/2013). She is somewhere between 7 and 10 yrs old. She was quarter sized when I got her but I can't seem to remember when that was exactly. Her rear right leg which she lost while molting two molts ago appears to have put on some nice size. (not visible in this pic, obviously). Also pictured is her deformed fang. She lost it a long time ago when it got stuck in the screen top. She must have dropped and it pulled out in the process :eek: I haven't had a look at it yet but it probably isn't back the way it should be. It has gotten larger each time she's molted but it is still misshaped and poking out at a bad angle. Doesn't seem to stop her from eating though, which is good. In any event, I highly recommend NOT using screen tops with the very small hardware cloth type material. The larger 1/4in square size seems to be much safer.
2013-02-04 Mrs Smith Molt 002sm.jpg 2013-02-04 Mrs Smith Molt 009sm.jpg

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
discovered my 2nd tiny Lp sling molted today. It is now clockin in at about .75"

Arachtis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One of my B. vagans slings is on its back as I'm typing this. He/she has been in pre-molt for the past two weeks or so and I sawhim/her laying down webbing a little bit earlier so I knew it wouldn't be long.

del9800

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P regalis and OBT

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2