Who molted today?

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Another of my Cyriopagopus schioedtei trio molted today. One left to go....

In addition, one of my Phan Cays is in heavy premolt and will pop any day now; I've suspected this one was female but I've had some reason to question this ID recently, so am anxious to see how things would turn out.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Geez, there have been a lot of molts lately! Here are 3 more that I discovered this morning:

0.0.1 Acentropelma sp. Chiapas, 1.25" DLS
20230906_010607.jpg

0.1 Cyriocosmus venezuelenesis, 1.375" DLS was flipped this morning
20230906_070918.jpg

1.0 Selenobrachys sp. Romblon pink molted, too, but he hasn't been out of his burrow for me to see him. He may have hooked out...

Also, the Liphistius that molted a couple days ago has been hardening and it turned a bright blue-green color for a little while!
20230905_195211.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Tigerlily, P. vittata molted today. She's still hiding but I'm excited to see her come out! She discarded her molt just outside the entrance to her burrow. IMG_20230906_225618947~2.jpg

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Had the other Cyriopagopus robustus sling molt today. Molting season in Korea is coming to a close, there are a few more molts I'm hoping to get through before winter sets in.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Molts today from:

0.0.1 Avicularia rufa, 1" DLS (the last of my trio to molt this cycle). The exuvia:
P9070012.JPG

0.0.1 Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue, 1.5" DLS (the straggler of my 5, about 3 weeks behind the others):
20230907_172547.jpg

Here's my little Theraphosidae sp. Kolumbia 3 days post-molt:
P9060003.JPG

Despacho Animal

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone! This is my first, and the first molt at home. it tooks almost 3 weeks without eating to molt.
Caribena Versicolor 0.0.1 Captura.JPG IMG_20230828_215826~2.jpg IMG_20230903_131032~2.jpg IMG_20230903_185223.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Queen Catherine the Great moulted 🥳🥳🥳 my SO bred this babe himself and although I have no idea on gender we hope for a female 🤞 this is her first moult in my care and I am super excited, hopefully once the moult is chucked I will be able to see the gender but in the mean time enjoy a freshly moulted Theraphosa blondi leg on top of the moult leg. (A leg is all I ever see 😆) 20230909_072831.jpg
Looks like a blue n brown t holding hands 😆 can see how much thicker that leg got though, and you never know one day I may get to see the rest of the t 😂 well done Catheriney you smashed it ❤❤❤

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
A hectic multi-molt today. The juvenile Phormictopus sp. "Dominican Purple" that had been in premolt for a while molted (this is the earlier of my duo to molt, the other will follow in a few weeks and I need to fatten it up as much as possible while I can), as did the last of my Omothymus schioedtei trio (I'm fairly sure based on new ventral observationss that I have at least one male and one female, but the sex of this third one is uncertain) and one of my two smaller Chilobrachys sp. "Electric Blue".

Even more shockingly, one of my Parabuthus transvaalicus and my Hottentotta hottentotta decided to molt simultaneously (they had been in premolt for a while but I was only expecting an imminent molt from the former), both of which I was VERY concerned about due to molting posture issues, but they pulled through.

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Hapolopus sp. Columbia (large) sling molted today. 20230909_131932.jpg
Also the N. Incei gold, but the container is webbed shut- top molt is from last time, bottom of pic is the latest molt. 20230909_104342.jpg
And the Avicularia juruensis M2 just molted and appears to have lost its pink baby legs. 20230909_104304.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Queen Catherine the Great moulted 🥳🥳🥳 my SO bred this babe himself and although I have no idea on gender we hope for a female 🤞 this is her first moult in my care and I am super excited, hopefully once the moult is chucked I will be able to see the gender but in the mean time enjoy a freshly moulted Theraphosa blondi leg on top of the moult leg. (A leg is all I ever see 😆) View attachment 455190
Looks like a blue n brown t holding hands 😆 can see how much thicker that leg got though, and you never know one day I may get to see the rest of the t 😂 well done Catheriney you smashed it ❤❤❤
She left the moult in the entrance to her burrow so i yonked it, measures 3.5 inches bang on and 20230909_190458.jpg
she's definitely a she 😁

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Two more little slings molted yesterday...

0.0.1 Lasiocyano sazimai, 1" DLS:
20230907_234650.jpg

0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. Ranong blue, should be right around 1" DLS (no pic).

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
More molts today including one that almost gave me a heart attack: Both my Chilobrachys Anderson slings and the other of my smaller C. sp. "Electric Blue", and most notably, the smaller of my Cyriopagopus sp. "Nhen Dep".

This is another sling that goes for the kill immediately at every feeding time, and it has no issues with feeders its own size or larger, so I fed this sling a sizable cricket today. Cue me checking up on it a few hours later to see it upside down on a molting mat....

I actually tried removing the feeder at the very start of tis molt, but couldn't without having the feeder break into the webbed-off space where it was molting. Thankfully it did just manage to shed its exuviae completely, but it hasn't yet flipped back over, so I might need to intervene again.

Edit: Things went from bad t worse while trying to remove the feeder when it repeatedly ran into the T, but I did safely remove it and the T is fine.

Last edited:

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Came home from a three day weekend trip to discover some moults having taken place while I was gone:
Suspected female Brachypelma auratum sling, almost 0.75" now. Only four months since last moult so I'm pleased! Fingers crossed I can confirm female with this new moult.
One of my new Heterothele villosella slings. Too small to sex.
One of my new Cyriocosmus elegans. Way too small to sex.
And last but not least, my juvenile Grammostola pulchra female, Idun, surprised me with a moult. She's a little piggy and ate just before I left so I thought nah, she won't moult soon, but she proved me wrong.

20230911_011347.jpg

Thanks for threatening me with your booty, darling. Time for another rehouse I think!

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
I missed one! Just found this guy post-moult splooting in the far away corner of his enclosure. I could finally confirm it is a male (bought as unsexed). Pretty sure he matured but I can't tell for sure until he gets up. I could however measure him to exactly 8 inches DLS.

20230912_003416.jpg

I'm very happy to have another male! His future wife is in heavy premoult as we speak so if this guy has hooked out, then we're going to try pairing them up as soon as she's ready.