Who molted today?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
My little Ephebopus rufescens sling molted sometime in the last couple days, but it still hasn't come out far enough to get a proper picture of it. It should be about 1.5" now.

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Yay, I got home from work just now. Was looking at enclosures and said why is my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus on the wall sheā€™s never out in the open? Then I was like hey why does her abdomen look smaller thatā€™s weird. Then I see heavy webbing and the molt. šŸ„¹

FC7C7AB5-708A-4DD7-B501-0983F902FB02.jpeg
I believe one of my H. Pulchripes slings finally molted. Iā€™ve been waiting although I donā€™t see no old exoskeleton maybe itā€™s inside the hide but I see what I think are new footsies.
53C112AA-3C7A-4397-8C70-0D1238CEB179.jpeg
Then my gbb that molted Sunday. Although I helped get its leg unstuck it still dropped it my guess is it was already banged up from pulling it. Seems well though. Hopefully itā€™ll recoup the leg in its next molt.
191F3C6A-B937-48B5-9DFF-F25F64DBF8A1.jpeg
Iā€™m waiting on more since I see little grape looking booties on a couple. Waiting on Chilobrachys Sp.Electric blue, juvie and sling, Cyriopagopus Lividus (Emerald Femur) and Cyriopagopus Lividus, C. Versicolor, Aviculiera Juruensis, and O. Violaceopes. All have been in premolt for a couple weeks already.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Yay, I got home from work just now. Was looking at enclosures and said why is my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus on the wall sheā€™s never out in the open? Then I was like hey why does her abdomen look smaller thatā€™s weird. Then I see heavy webbing and the molt. šŸ„¹

View attachment 437491
I believe one of my H. Pulchripes slings finally molted. Iā€™ve been waiting although I donā€™t see no old exoskeleton maybe itā€™s inside the hide but I see what I think are new footsies.
View attachment 437492
Then my gbb that molted Sunday. Although I helped get its leg unstuck it still dropped it my guess is it was already banged up from pulling it. Seems well though. Hopefully itā€™ll recoup the leg in its next molt.
View attachment 437490
Iā€™m waiting on more since I see little grape looking booties on a couple. Waiting on Chilobrachys Sp.Electric blue, juvie and sling, Cyriopagopus Lividus (Emerald Femur) and Cyriopagopus Lividus, C. Versicolor, Aviculiera Juruensis, and O. Violaceopes. All have been in premolt for a couple weeks already.
How big is your O vio?

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Itā€™s a baby. I believe itā€™s around an inch.
That will change lol I got mine last October and the male hooked out a year later and my two females are 6ā€ xD

Keep me in mind if it ends up being male!

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Oh my! oh my! oh my! I think one of my C.Lividus and Avicularia Juruensis is molting. We shall wait and see in the am. Fingers crossed šŸ¤ž

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Came home last night to a whole new spider. Was keeping an eye on my little A variegata (my daughter nicknamed, "Little Noodle"), as her normally pasta colored legs looked like they had black licorice inside. If I had more spiders, I would have double checked to make sure I had the correct enclosure, as my light beige spider was now black legged with a dark pink butt . She's still safely stowed away in her web currently, but when she comes out into full view, I'll post before and afters. Strangely, I don't see her exuviae anywhere.

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
My vagans is molting at the moment. Yesterday i wondered because she didnĀ“t come out out her burrow at 6-7 p.m. (which she usually does literally every day like a clockwork), so i peeked into her burrow with a redlight and saw her making a molting mat and flipping her urticating hairs all over the place. Right now shes on her back and half in, half out of her former self.
DidnĀ“t notice much of pre-molt behaviour prior to yesterday, though...she wasnĀ“t abnormally plump, had her usual activity level....well, refused the last meal end, but i thought this just might be because its winter and a bit colder in here.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
My Cyriopagopus schmidti is molting (fangs free, legs being extracted RN), wish it some luck.

Edit: It's finished, pics coming later.

Last edited:

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
My Cyriopagopus schmidti is molting (fangs free, legs being extracted RN), wish it some luck.

Edit: It's finished, pics coming later.

The reaction this little shit had to me opening up its Deli cup? Throw a threat posture (when its burrow was right next to it-and it actually molted outside of it too). Easily the boldest T I've ever seen.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter

The reaction this little shit had to me opening up its Deli cup? Throw a threat posture (when its burrow was right next to it-and it actually molted outside of it too). Easily the boldest T I've ever seen.
You have to call her(šŸ¤ž) schmidti the sass , ass being the important part of that šŸ˜†

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
You have to call her(šŸ¤ž) schmidti the sass , ass being the important part of that šŸ˜†
I really hope this specimen turns out female....

Believe it or not, that ass was a LOT bigger prior to this molt. This was the best-eating T in my collection up until it (hopefully she) got into premolt.

Edit: Tried to sex the molt, I might have seen a spermatheca but I'm not sure, and I couldn't take any good close-ups.

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I really hope this specimen turns out female....

Believe it or not, that ass was a LOT bigger prior to this molt. This was the best-eating T in my collection up until it (hopefully she) got into premolt.

Edit: Tried to sex the molt, I might have seen a spermatheca but I'm not sure, and I couldn't take any good close-ups.
Hopefully she (šŸ¤ž) will be as obliging next time and moult again out in the open rather than stashing herself in the burrow, so you can find out for sure šŸ˜‰
Keep me updated be nice to see her in all her glory once she's fully hardened šŸ™‚

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Aphonopelma sp Dragoons
0.1 Pterinochilus murinus DCF 'Kigoma'

Still have a few enclosures to go through this week for husbandry, but that's it so far. Really need to see if I can fish that A. sp Dragoons molt out. Might not get another chance to sex it for quite awhile :grumpy:...