Who molted today?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Saw bright, fuzzy orange baboon legs with dark, shiny blue tips this morning sticking out of my H pulchripes burrow. Can’t wait till she comes out to hunt, so I can see her full glory.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
2" T stirmi sold as female molted, and I recovered the exuviae intact and was able to confirm sex.

Female GBB also molted and she's looking mighty fine, but not ready for me to take a terrible picture with my terrible phone yet.

Screenshot_20230126-180707.png

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My little GBB young juvenile female 'Bauble ' moulted last night didn't even know she was in pre moult she took food 4 days ago 😆 not the best pic but coz of where she settled I can't get a better one . Her moult was just over 6cm which is about 2 n a half inches and she's just started to show some big girl colours on her legs 😊 . All looks good the moult was perfectly in tact , I will post a better pic on the media feed once she's hardened and come out of her web tube 😊 1000004545.jpg 1000004568.jpg 1000004601.jpg

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
I had a very shocking surprise right now that I came home from work. I was checking enclosures and I had a few anticipated molts and one I wasn’t expecting. First one you can’t really see but I’ll wait until it comes out is my P. Cambridgei. I was totally not expecting it to molt anytime soon as it molted right before Christmas. 09F08AD7-4FB7-4779-825E-ACA1AEB4D677.jpeg
This one is my Chilobrachys Sp Electric Blue sling. Which had been in premolt for about a month. Hopefully the juvie is next.
0DF23F08-DF48-48D8-A9E5-CEE1C6ED85B3.jpeg
This one is my one that has remained very extremely elusive that I didn’t even know if it was alive or not. My Cyriopagopus Sp Hati Hati. I only found the molt outside it’s enclosure.
00212CD3-F217-4D77-B5A5-74F5D0B78DAE.jpeg Then my Avicularia Sp. Peru Purple
5CC2B02B-5648-49AB-9B0D-63D6DF318FE0.jpeg This pic is of my GBB sling that had a rough molt so lost a leg but lil fella is doing fine and color looks pretty now. 9D3CCBA8-7DF2-411F-A667-E2AA79068915.jpeg
Waiting on 2 of my C. Lividus, O. Violaceopes, C versicolor, Chilobrachys Sp Electric Blue, and a P. Metallica. 🥹

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
My vagans is molting at the moment. Yesterday i wondered because she didn´t come out out her burrow at 6-7 p.m. (which she usually does literally every day like a clockwork), so i peeked into her burrow with a redlight and saw her making a molting mat and flipping her urticating hairs all over the place. Right now shes on her back and half in, half out of her former self.
Didn´t notice much of pre-molt behaviour prior to yesterday, though...she wasn´t abnormally plump, had her usual activity level....well, refused the last meal end, but i thought this just might be because its winter and a bit colder in here.
Well, that was quick - she´s already out of her burrow again and doing her stretches in the open:
PXL_20230127_155954664.PORTRAIT.jpg

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
"She" looks an awful lot like a mature male... Check those pedipalps and I'm certain you'll see bulbs/emboli, and hooks on leg1. Sorry to break it to you...
Indeed. He/she just moved so i could see under the front legs and there are tibial hooks clearly. Ah well, time to call him Lucifer instead of Lucy from now on. Was sold as female and and i sometimes thought "looks a bit skinny for a female....never mind, will probably gain some bulkiness whe she molts" and because this is now his first molt in my care i couldnt be sure about that.
On the plus side, this will be the most active t in my small collection from now on for the time he´s still there o_O.

Edit: Hes hanging on the glass now so i can see the pedipalps too....nice boxing gloves he got there.

Last edited:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Indeed. He/she just moved so i could see under the front legs and there are tibial hooks clearly. Ah well, time to call him Lucifer instead of Lucy from now on. Was sold as female and and i sometimes thought "looks a bit skinny for a female....never mind, will probably gain some bulkiness whe she molts" and because this is now his first molt in my care i couldnt be sure about thato_O.
That's a bummer. Hopefully the seller will work with you to make it right...

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Indeed. He/she just moved so i could see under the front legs and there are tibial hooks clearly. Ah well, time to call him Lucifer instead of Lucy from now on. Was sold as female and and i sometimes thought "looks a bit skinny for a female....never mind, will probably gain some bulkiness whe she molts" and because this is now his first molt in my care i couldnt be sure about that.
On the plus side, this will be the most active t in my small collection from now on for the time he´s still there o_O.

Edit: Hes hanging on the glass now so i can see the pedipalps too....nice boxing gloves he got there.
Main thing is he had a good moult n is OK which clearly he is if he is already missioning all over his viv . Handsome chap too 😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Grammostola ihiringhi male 'Brian'
As most of you know my handsome boy went for breeding a few months ago he was due a moult n both myself and my so assumed because of his size that it would be his final moult before he was mature, well he moulted and my so says no big boy palps yet... he fooled us both 😆 he is happy n healthy though, everything went great so now just wait another 10 months for him to moult again n hopefully then he will be ready for his gf . So handsome though 😍 1000004675.jpg
Photo took by my SO not long after the moult 😊

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
I finally captured a mugshot of my H. Pulchripes outs it’s burrow. So beautiful I hope it turns out to be a female. 😍 6E6AB31B-E3A8-4B7E-9AF6-0838031BB3AE.jpeg 5B4C126C-7A9E-4429-833B-B1D2266232B1.jpeg

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Pretty sure my P. irminia sling "Spunk" pulled a fast one on me last night -- it just ate a few days ago and I was definitely not expecting to see those slightly clear noodley legs show up today!
PXL_20230130_225604626.jpg

Think we might be getting a little big for that bin already...

Shinn

Arachnosquire
Pretty sure my P. irminia sling "Spunk" pulled a fast one on me last night -- it just ate a few days ago and I was definitely not expecting to see those slightly clear noodley legs show up today!
Yea those sure can be a surprise. My H. pulchripes pulled that on me less than 48hrs after a meal. I suppose a T never molts late. Nor does it molts early. It molts precisely when it means to.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
My Cyriocosmus giganteus sling molted tonight. The giant dwarf, lol. Hoping to be able to sex it with this molt.
20230130_215810.jpg

And, although not a tarantula, my little Phidippus audax molted and looks awesome!
P1300004.JPG

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Your Phidi has grown into a strapping young man ready to take on the world!
He was very impressed with himself, strutting around, flexing those new big legs all over his enclosure. 💪 If he lasts a few more months until spring, I'll go outside and find him some girlfriends!