Who molted today?

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
Katie, my a. genic sling, molted yesterday! It was both out of the blue and my first molt, and she didn't even give me time to worry. I came into my room to take a nap, checked on her, and she was on her back with her molt on the wall of her tub! Definitely a strange molting position, not quite sure what happened, and she flipped, took it down, and stood on top of it before I could get a good picture, of course. But here she is (standing on her molt):

20150108_150502.jpg

I didn't want to disturb her so it's a bit of a shitty pic, but stiiiiiill!! She was about half an inch, I'd say now at least 3/4ths if not a little bigger! Measuring and better pics when she's hardened <3

Last edited:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
The parahybana went subsurface a couple weeks ago, so I can't pinpoint the date, but today I noticed its burrow had been reopened. Later I noticed a few legs of a moult protruding from the pile of dirt next to the hole, so I guess I'll record today as the approximate moult date, though it has probably been at least a few days ago. I still haven't seen the spider itself, but I'm guessing that I'll see an increase in size.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I got a look at it, and as expected there was a noticeable size increase. Couldn't get a photo, so in lieu of that, here is an exuvium progress shot.

Let to right: 09-28-2014
11-14-2014
01-09-2015

Attachments

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I got a look at it, and as expected there was a noticeable size increase. Couldn't get a photo, so in lieu of that, here is an exuvium progress shot.

Let to right: 09-28-2014
11-14-2014
01-09-2015
well it looks like hes finally turning into a "big hairy spider" XD kinda missing when mine was that size.. take my LD and trade me [mines like 3-3.5 lol]

---------- Post added 01-10-2015 at 03:13 AM ----------

Awww just caught my P. Irminia molting! My first time seeing a T molt, super cool!
interesting isnt it? iv seen it twice.. not as exciting after first time but neat at the least XD first time im pretty sure my heart was about to explode last time [yesterday] was kinda a "meh thats cool" maybe cuz it was a 1" tho? :p

MrDave

Arachnosquire
Went to check on my 1.25 inch LP that looked like it was about to pop - no change. Glanced at my A. versicolor (1 inch sling) and it had molted. Not more than 3 hours since it was walking around its web, spidering, and its old skin was lying there and it was having a sip in its water dish. Quite a surprise.

cold blood

Staff member
Just discovered that N. coloratovillisus molted last night...as did C. marshalli #5 (one of my favorite marshalli slings);)

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A.versicolor #2 molted into 5th instar, meanwhile it's two siblings are already 6th instar. I love keeping siblings and watching them have completely different growth rates.

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
Molted sometime between 15:30 and 23:00 yesterday. Everythings still intact and when she has moved she's been sluggish but otherwise good. Happy that our first Ts first (in our care) molt has gone well =)

2015-01-13 12.44.52.jpg
Still 'hardening'

2015-01-13 12.45.12.jpg
And the left overs...in the most awkward place evar lol

cold blood

Staff member
Female P. striata molted yesterday....looks beautiful...except for the piece of exo caught on its underside:(

N. chromatus #3 molted last night....as did OBT #2. Wow, it looks really orange!:)