Who molted today?

cold blood

Staff member
A. ezendami #2 molted as well.

As did P. cambridgei #1 Looks to be over the 4" mark.

Drache

Arachnosquire
My genic kid did - yesterday actually - and I saw it happening, and now you can really start to see the markings on the legs.

CobaltRose

Arachnopeon
My B.Albo (first tarantula) molted in my care for the first time today! So awesome. Feel kinda proud of my little spidey. <3

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
My B. smithi snuck one in on me last night, its second since I received it. I knew it was in pre-moult, but I wasn't really looking for it to happen just yet. I had decided to change out its water lid as it seemed to be evaporating(or maybe leaking ) a bit quickly. I noticed that the leg bands were more pronounced and that it's abdomen was different, but it really didn't register as I was a little preoccupied with getting the spider to move out of the way. Which I never would have done if I had realized it had moulted. Only after I put the lid on and was placing the container back in place did I notice that there was an exuvium in there with the spider, on the opposite side of the container. It had already been on the move, so I'm confident that the short disturbance I gave it caused no harm, but still...DOH!

Here is the difference in exuvium sizes, with two months and twenty-four days between the two moults.

Attachments

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Thanks. Notice the darkening, it's in pre-moult. I'm hoping for a noticeable size increase. At least a quarter. I'm not holding my breath though, they are notoriously slow-growers.

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My L. parahybana molted today (well... yesterday, but I havent gone to sleep, so it's still Saturday to me), and I got to confirm it as female!

cold blood

Staff member
N. chromatus molted...was just over an inch....molted only 26 days and 3 meals from its last molt.

My largest A. ezendami molted as well. Was maybe 2.5", maybe a bit larger...I wish I had better viewing of it.....can't wait till both are out for me to see.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
My P. rufilata also moulted today. Was waiting for the little bugger to moult since 25.12.2014 when I bought it. It was already in pre-moult. Wonder what took it so long :/

miss moxie

Arachnoprince

One of my Pamphobeteus sp. "Duran" slings molted sometime during the night! Everything looks good from what I can see so far. And I may have seen a lady-flap inside the exo's abdomen. I'm not putting too much stock in it, it's a small exo, but I'll keep hoping until next molt.