Who molted today?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Well so much for shiny butts to molt.. this is a first for me.. fed her yesterday because thought she had a week or so befor her molt.. whent to check this morning to remove any uneaten oray....first pic was late day (5pmish) 12/31. Next img 1/3 430am and last 2 a hr or ao ago...

Added: better pic after shes rested a lil n hardened a bit

Last edited:

Zigana

Arachnosquire
More of my A. hentzi molted, 34 of the little rascals molted over the last couple of days. I have around 60 more left to molt.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
My little A. versicolor sling. I pulled the shed and then noticed an amputated leg near another part of the tube web. Looks like he may have lost a (new) leg. He's pretty well hidden, so I can't assess the situation yet. I know he can grow a new one.

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
I might have a molt today, I'm not sure! My B. albo Daniel has been in premolt for a while now, and when I fed him yesterday I noticed that he'd made a web mat on the floor of his hide (so exciting!!). On the other hand, he did eat. He's been pretty much living in his hide for the past couple of weeks and has made snowballs of substrate at both ends (half a hollow log) so it's really hard to see in. I saw him out this morning, but he was really close to his hide and went back in as soon as he saw me coming over, so I couldn't tell if he was bigger/darker/etc. He'll be my first T to molt so I'm really nervous and excited and dfksdhfkjh and have no idea what I'm doing all at once. It's quite the experience xD

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Maybe my G pulchripes sling molted, but I can't find a molt (unless I tear up his burrow looking for one, which I refuse to do). He refused food all last week (still a sling -- maybe 1.5" maybe 1.75") and would usually eat daily if I'd let him. He spent 5 or 6 days being burrowed, had both entrances blocked with substrate. To be honest, I started smelling inside his vents in case he had died in there. (sigh). Good news, he was sitting on top of his hide out in the open about an hour ago. Then a few minutes ago he was on his enclosure wall and I peeked at his fangs, they look, um, not black (but not white/pale either). I can't really tell if he looks any bigger. Maybe he's a 1/4" bigger, maybe not. i really don't know. I'll chart him as a "maybe molted" for my records and keep an eye on his fangs before offering food again.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe my G pulchripes sling molted, but I can't find a molt (unless I tear up his burrow looking for one, which I refuse to do). He refused food all last week (still a sling -- maybe 1.5" maybe 1.75") and would usually eat daily if I'd let him. He spent 5 or 6 days being burrowed, had both entrances blocked with substrate. To be honest, I started smelling inside his vents in case he had died in there. (sigh). Good news, he was sitting on top of his hide out in the open about an hour ago. Then a few minutes ago he was on his enclosure wall and I peeked at his fangs, they look, um, not black (but not white/pale either). I can't really tell if he looks any bigger. Maybe he's a 1/4" bigger, maybe not. i really don't know. I'll chart him as a "maybe molted" for my records and keep an eye on his fangs before offering food again.
Yeah.. I'm actually kinda worried about my g pulchripes sling. He's been burrowed DEEP in his enclosure. These guys can really dig. It's my fault for giving a sling like 6 inches of substrate though. I'm about to throw food in there and wait to see what happens since he has been in there a couple weeks now.

Anyway, my A. purpurea molted last night. Can't see it through the tube web really but looks a little bit bigger. Still only about 1 inch though.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Yeah.. I'm actually kinda worried about my g pulchripes sling. He's been burrowed DEEP in his enclosure. These guys can really dig. It's my fault for giving a sling like 6 inches of substrate though.
I feel your pain! Mine doesn't have quite that much substrate but he definitely burrowed deep. He's in a 5"X5"X6" acrylic enclosure with maybe 2.5 inches substrate. But his burrow is under his hide, and he sided up the hide's sides -- increasing that burrow size immensely. Maybe my enclosure is too big for such a little fellow. And when they cover their burrow entrances with substrate, you can't even peek in on them.
My OBT burrowed for molting, but he would come out within a few hours, stretching (showing off) his new longer legs. So I never doubted when the OBT molted. Plus, an OBT gains a lot of size after molting, these G pulchripes seem to grow so darn slow anyway!
Good luck -- I hope yours is okay in there, maybe he's just pondering existentialism or something and needed some "alone time."
(And, I do recommend the "sniff" test through the vent holes -- sure reassured me).

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Heh! I rehoused my LP sling a while back. I included a nice half of a seashell for a hide. It burrowed further beneath it, sinking it into the substrate and it is now a roof for the spider's underground lair. I think it may be getting ready to moult, or perhaps already has but who knows? At first I was able to see it through the side and bottom of the container but it pulled down the shades.

Anyway, my A genic moulted between 2 and 4 AM this morning. I had a concern with its positioning, which caused me to post an inquiry in the questions forums, but it came through it alright. I just hit the panic button because I thought the spider may have needed a lesson in physics before choosing its moulting spot.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah.. I'm actually kinda worried about my g pulchripes sling. He's been burrowed DEEP in his enclosure. These guys can really dig. It's my fault for giving a sling like 6 inches of substrate though. I'm about to throw food in there and wait to see what happens since he has been in there a couple weeks now.
It shouldn't be a worry, I'm sure your pulchripes is loving the depth of the sub it has. Really makes em feel comfortable. If you're not sure, put a pre-killed cricket at the mouth of the burrow, this way you don't have to worry about a live one in its catacombs while it molts.

Ellen, if you're not sure, look at the rump, pre and post molt rumps look very, very different as they are smaller and fuzzier and not as dark.

Oh yeah, another little N. chromatus molted. Its chromatus #15 in my records.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Ellen, if you're not sure, look at the rump, pre and post molt rumps look very, very different as they are smaller and fuzzier and not as dark.
I just couldn't tell -- his rump looked same size/color, to me, but more fuzzy than shiny. I didn't notice a plump ab prior to his burrowing. Looking through my records, he may have been in his burrow longer than I first suggested -- he last ate Dec 24th -- everything offered since then I had to retrieve.
I searched and found a newly molted b lat juvie and offered it and he grabbed it and is eating it with gusto. He was eating it outside his burrow until he decided I was watching too closely and then he took it inside to enjoy in private. I lean towards thinking he did molt, but I really don't know. Didn't grow much if he did. It's marked officially in his records as a "maybe." lol

cold blood

Staff member
Came home from plowing snow last night to find one of my little N. chromatus had molted....as had one of the A. versicolor and my P. irminia. Good morning indeed.:)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
B.boehmei molted looks like was yesterday afternoon as fangs arent white :) yay 1 molt closer to not being a mole :)