Who molted today?

awiec

Arachnoprince
While I expected my A.velutina to molt today, I got a surprise from the P.muticus, it jumped from 1.25 to close to 2 inches. For those of you not in the know, a few mm's is the "norm" for these things and I am just so excited to share.

GG80

Arachnoknight
Just had a quick look at my slings and have found my 1" A. genic on his back freshly molted and my 1.25" L. p's carapace has just popped. I'll be on edge for an hour or so now.

cold blood

Staff member
Looks good moxie congrats I got to get back into pampho's
EVERYONE needs more Pamphos!!!

One of my little N. chromatus slings molted yesterday...today I was surprised by a nice quick molt from my B. vagans...was 1.25", maybe a touch more.

---------- Post added 01-24-2015 at 08:42 PM ----------

H. mac surprised me with a quick 34 day molt, too.

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Had another molt today just found.My Aphonopelma moderatum matured now he had a definite change of color.I always like it when they turn completely different than they color they where,now if I just had a mature female

Attachments

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
I did I did!! My B. albiceps sling molted, her first with me and my very second molt! I'm so proud of my bby <333

...also lucky as all get-out. I have a hip injury and can barely walk, but Sundays are feeding days, so I gave everyone their meal a couple hours ago. Emma got a cricket, as usual; I've been thinking her abdomen looked big but I am impossible at telling about premolts, so I figured I'd give her a small one and check in frequently. I just did a check and there she was! Lying on her back, stretching her legs, molt up against the side of the deli cup. The cricket was on its back in her water dish 90% dead. I veeeery carefully fished it out, steering clear of her, and all looks good!

Pre-cricket-removal pic:

emma first molt.jpg

I'm such a proud spider mama :') Of course I know I had nothing to do with it, but my baby molted all on her own (obvs) adfhakjsdhfjh

(the name Emma and the use of female pronouns are, of course, random until she's big enough to be sexed)

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
C. marshalli #1 is just finishing up.

N. chromatus #9 is also finishing up.

My largest P. cam female is mid-molt...was a little over 5"

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
B.Vagans 4' female finished molting. Didn't gain much size but got a lot stockier.

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
My GBB gave me a surprise molt last night. I hope to see some adult colors! Very leggy, still hoping for a girl.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It was a good day for molting in my T room , G. Pulchra , A.ezendami, P.met sling gained almost an inch woohoo and 35
M.balfouri slings molted

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
Me me! My first ever molt. My A.Geniculata sling is a bit bigger and showing some leg stripes. I'm a proud mama.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my two tiny S. calceatum slings molted overnight! Now the pressure is on for the other one. :)