Species Theraphosa blondi

Whiskeypunk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you have a computer desktop size image of that pic. Cause I would really like a high rez version for my background.

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LHP said:
No, he was in a pet store. I bought him specifically to hook up with Wade's female (which he did). I have since gotten another adult female that he is, well... "dating." No inserts from that couple yet, but he recently made another sperm web so I have my hopes.

Here is another picture of him outside. It is backlit and a little weird, but I like it.

Lindsey

That is a very nice male I wish I had the money to buy me a big girl for your boy to mate with.

LHP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everyone!

Sad news, Wade's female molted!:(

Hopefully, this guy will be around long enough to breed with her again...

very impressive T and great shots. I agree, I like the one head on with the back lighting! I'm still afraid of putting my Ts outside for a photo shot, but apparantly all those who do get some magnificent pictures!! Kudos!
The outside photos were taken in Wade's backyard so he was around as a spotter. Turned out I didn't even need a spotter- the blondi just slowly walked around. I took my avic outside earlier in the year and the results were quite different! I had time to take one decent shot before she went nutso. THAT was scary. I had seen her jump impressive distances before, but I did not truly appreciate her talent until she was in my backyard jumping from canna lily to canna lily!

Lindsey

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh no, I'm so sorry about Wade's girl molting. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that the second mating will be a success.

I loved the A. avic story on the canna lilies. {D

---
Wendy
---

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As You all know my T.blondi molted lastnight and SHE pulled through with no problems !
Here are some pics that I took this morning ! ]
Last Pic is a sexing photo....CLEAR as day female ! :D
ENJOY:clap: :drool:

Attachments

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She was 6 " before she molted , Im gonna guess and say shes around 7 " now ! Big Momma T !!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
very nice!!!!! i cant wait till i get my 2" female blondi! :)

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is beautifulllllllll!!!! Congrats on the molt. Now you both can take a deep breath and relax lol :clap:

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice blondi...man i need to replace mine! Thats it, time to go to the for trade/sale threads...

-Matty

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I took these pics yesterday and posted them in another topic, thought i'd post here so you can all see my Goliath.. had her for 3-4 years now.

-My goliath-

+ the setup

-Close up.. her size is pretty incredible ive never seen another goliath for sale that is as large.

-King Baboon-

Close up of her..

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
wow veryy nice, whats the size of the KB and Blondi?
I'm curious as well. I saw a few at Megapets (LI,NY) that were huge, one in particular looked real big and beefy.

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The goliath is around the 10'' mark maybe more (I can't measure accurately her sheds are over the 9'' mark (legs aren't fuly stretched though with slight kinks on the sheds). The KB who is at the vets at the moment because of the strange lump on her abdomen shed strangely and has molted (got the good news from the vet this morning i'm so pleased she is fine).

She is 7' maybe 7.5 now :p.. so I can't wait to see her.

Last edited:

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rotflmao...... Spider Vet that is awesome..... wish we had somethin like that here..

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MRL said:
I'm curious as well. I saw a few at Megapets (LI,NY) that were huge, one in particular looked real big and beefy.
Goliaths seem to have risen in price.. she was £75 with her setup which is very cheap IMO. When bought as a sub-adult. Ive seen them fetch prices of almost £200.

Even though she is mature the thickness of her carapace just keeps getting larger and is as thick as it is wide Ive checked from the sheds shes not growing huge amounts now but the increase is easily evident from checking over her sheds, her legs are also huge at the top segment, although the back legs are relatively thin and long compared to the fronts..

Like a spider gorilla lol :?

Shes not tame but if I mess with her cage she usually ignores me, sometimes I'll get too close and shell rear up high.

I have held her when she was about 1/3 smaller but shes so hungry and constantly eats I'm worried shell think im lunch now lol..

Last edited: