Species Theraphosa blondi

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
xgrafcorex said:
yo that blondi is straight ballin son. nice looking t. have thought of getting one recently... what kind of camera did you get? im getting one soon, thinking the rebel xt :D
Sean from OldWorldSpiders really hooked me up on her, made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I was one of the idiots that waited out in front of Best Buy this morning (I got there at 4am and there were people that had been there since 8 pmthe day before!) and got a Kodak C360. It's a 5 megapix with a 3X zoom. It was like $120 off the reg. price.

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ChrisNCT said:
Hey ED!

Nice T! When you wanna ship it to me? LMAO!

I don't know about sending her, but I have a demonic OBT for ya, not near as nice as that P. Lugardi is... BTW, has it molted yet? It should be up for one soon.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Nope not yet. It is the only one that I have left. I do believe that it is a female.

I want more of these after the new year. I will be going wild with T and invert purchases n the early 2006 year. I want to quadruple what I have. Come Jan.-March I should be close to 800 or so.

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ChrisNCT said:
Nope not yet. It is the only one that I have left. I do believe that it is a female.

I want more of these after the new year. I will be going wild with T and invert purchases n the early 2006 year. I want to quadruple what I have. Come Jan.-March I should be close to 800 or so.

I could have swore that it was a male from the it's last molt. I couldn't see an epigastric furrow and it was totally smooth between the book lungs. I can't even imagine having to do that much feeding, what do you have as your staple, roaches?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I am on Crickets right now but James (Jaden) had sent me 100 + baby Orange Head Roaches and 10 Adult Breeders to get me started. Once I have my hands full of them I will start to use them. At that point I shouldn't need to get anymore crickets other than pinheads. It will be nice not to have to pay for the crickets every 2 weeks!

I already have started the mice colony. I have 10 females and one male. This should keep the 15 snakes fed fairly well.

Mr Ed said:
I could have swore that it was a male from the it's last molt. I couldn't see an epigastric furrow and it was totally smooth between the book lungs. I can't even imagine having to do that much feeding, what do you have as your staple, roaches?

joe8421

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's really a great monster ,but she could be still bigger ,

Becky Wheeler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya guys, I recently posted a thread on here of Lucifer my T.Blondi after her molt and there were concerns over how skinny she looked, well your be glad to know that after feeding her on large amounts of crickets, pinkies and a locust! She has fattened up nicely. Thanks for all your previous post! You guys & Gals are cool!.

Last edited:

Becky Wheeler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WoW She's beautiful! and she has pocket money too! lol. What does she fancy buying then? a nice mouse? or large locust? hehe

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kizzywhizzy said:
hay what kind of beding is that nice setup...

Thanks, I usually use 70 % peat with 30% potting soil. Seems to work out for me.

LHP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is my ultimate male blondi from this thread: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=51431
That female seems to be getting really chunky:) .

The first pic is one of him outside and the second is a ruler pic.
That is obviously not his enclosure, it just made measuring easier... he is FAST when he wants to be. As you can see he is just over 10"!

Lindsey

Attachments