Potential Craigslist acquisition

Paiige

Arachnobaron
$50 on Craigslist, G. pulchra adult. Does this look like a MM? I can't tell. I'm looking at those pedipalps and the women selling knows nothing about it. It's her kids who is away at school and essentially left it to die. This would be wonderful as I just confirmed my little one male and would love a big AF.

Attachments

Paiige

Arachnobaron
just looks very leggy
She's saying she doesn't have it on the best diet. Doesn't know how to sex but has the old molts and I told her I'd be happy to walk her through the process. Also said she's happy to get some ventral shots this afternoon. So hopefully she's just underfed, I told her I'm not interested if it's a male. We will find out! I'm quite excited and when I have more photos I'll post them in here. I'd love an underfed AF at that price :D

Walker253

Arachnobaron
50 bucks for a MM is a good deal and a quick flip is in order. It's a desirable male.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
She's saying she doesn't have it on the best diet. Doesn't know how to sex but has the old molts and I told her I'd be happy to walk her through the process. Also said she's happy to get some ventral shots this afternoon. So hopefully she's just underfed, I told her I'm not interested if it's a male. We will find out! I'm quite excited and when I have more photos I'll post them in here. I'd love an underfed AF at that price :D
If the seller realizes it's a female and does ANY investigation, the price will very likely increase big time. Keep that in mind

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
He/she sure looks in rough shape :(
Hopefully you'll get to take him/her home with you.
Stupid kid to just leave it behind :shifty:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
If the seller realizes it's a female and does ANY investigation, the price will very likely increase big time. Keep that in mind
It was advertised as female. I asked if it was confirmed and she said no. I think the price is firm, includes a heat mat (lol), enclosure and extra substrate.

And I might grab it if it's MM anyway, see if I can find someone who wants to breed him. It's about an hour and a half drive so hopefully he doesn't kick the bucket immediately.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Update: My favorite LPS is looking for a MM so this might work out great :D

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
If you buy a MM with the intention of flipping him to a breeder for a profit, just be careful not to lose your hat. If you're making a long drive for him for $50, and spending that much in gas, you might only break even. They're not worth THAT much unless a breeder is desperate for one.

That said, it's a species that needs to become more abundant and more affordable, so if you can make more G. pulchra babies happen, I'm all for it. I will definitely get a big fat AF someday.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
If you buy a MM with the intention of flipping him to a breeder for a profit, just be careful not to lose your hat. If you're making a long drive for him for $50, and spending that much in gas, you might only break even. They're not worth THAT much unless a breeder is desperate for one.
That said, it's a species that needs to become more abundant and more affordable, so if you can make more G. pulchra babies happen, I'm all for it. I will definitely get a big fat AF someday.
I'm okay with breaking even. It will mean another T :D Plus I'll be making hubby drive me anyway :p And I agree, if this poor guy is just going to wither away, might as well help him get it in and keep the species going!
And they have a couple G. iheringi slings for sale so I'm hoping I may get one out of the trade.

If you don't mind my asking, approximately what was yours worth to Anastasia?

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I feel like today is going by suuuuper slowly. The woman said she will be sending me photos of the molt and a few ventral shots tonight around 5:00/5:30...I am anxiously awaiting them!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
You just need to find something else to occupy your time till they show up. :D

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
And if it's all in the name of making G. pulchra more popular, go for it. I'd love to get one in the future. I remember back in 2008 when I found Arachnoboards for the first time people were saying that P. muticus was the rarest gem in the hobby, but now they're apparently easy to get.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
And if it's all in the name of making G. pulchra more popular, go for it. I'd love to get one in the future. I remember back in 2008 when I found Arachnoboards for the first time people were saying that P. muticus was the rarest gem in the hobby, but now they're apparently easy to get.
Yes I definitely want more of these beauties easily accessible. I love my little man, he's a spaz but he's probably the sweetest T I own (other than Annie the A. avic, who I'm convinced doesn't know she's a T). Now he just needs to not keel over and die on me before I can get him to my LPS.