Potential Craigslist acquisition

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I think my hubby might kill me if I brought home beetles. I'm already over the number he gave me for Ts and I'm not stopping :embarrassed:
The problem with having just a few tarantulas is that you can't convincingly say, "That one? I've had it forever."

Paiige

Arachnobaron
The problem with having just a few tarantulas is that you can't convincingly say, "That one? I've had it forever."
Yeah my line is "but no one is eating...:(" whenever everyone has just molted/in premolt/fasting

;)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Aww crap. You started negotiations in the single digits! Now your only hope is to make him like them so much he wants more.
He has a few of his own. I've developed a new system, anytime I go to a LPS I encourage him to look around and talk him into getting one so he can't say no to me getting one :happy:

cold blood

Staff member
5 and I've more than doubled it. :D
To be fair, while to someone with zero t, that may sound like a lot, but to a t keeper its just a stupidly low number.
Yeah my line is "but no one is eating...:(" whenever everyone has just molted/in premolt/fasting
;)
I recall the exact situation you are in. I had 3, and although I was over-feeding every single one, I still felt like I was never getting to feed them...then they were all refusing food, and I was like...hmmm maybe if I get 10, that's a good number...then I will get to feed enough to see them regularly....nope, still felt like I was never feeding. And again, they were all fasting for months at a time.

I thought, hmmmm, 20 is the number, yes, for sure, this will solve the feeding frequency problem and there's no way that 20 ts could all be fasting at the same time....inconceivable!! http://replycandy.com/wp-content/uploads/Princess-Bride-Vizzini-Inconceivable.jpg

Yep, you guessed it, before I knew it all 21 were in pre-molt at the same time, and I still wasn't really spending much time feeding. I gave up, filled the room, all is now good. 20 can be in pre-molt and I don't even notice and I pretty much always have many ts scheduled for feedings....and sacs are being hatched, incubators made, slings born and raised, EWLs (yeah, they're kinda cute)....yeah, life is better with more ts.

There's just too many cool species available right now and they really don't take up a huge amount of room per spider, especially if you use stackable enclosures.....if you don't have a lot, you just go around on sites like this looking at spiders you don't have but really want.:(

Last edited:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Thanks! I've got my fingers crossed.

Wait, you meant for Paiige's tarantula, didn't you? Yeah, I hope that goes well too.

@ Ladies of Arachnoboards.

(They must have missed the tag the first time...)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
@cold blood any input on the no web coming out of his bum thing? Poor guy is still at it and there's no webbing.

Last edited:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I thought, hmmmm, 20 is the number, yes, for sure, this will solve the feeding frequency problem and there's no way that 20 ts could all be fasting at the same time....inconceivable!! http://replycandy.com/wp-content/uploads/Princess-Bride-Vizzini-Inconceivable.jpg
:D

Yep, you guessed it, before I knew it all 21 were in pre-molt at the same time, and I still wasn't really spending much time feeding. I gave up, filled the room, all is now good. 20 can be in pre-molt and I don't even notice and I pretty much always have many ts scheduled for feedings....and sacs are being hatched, incubators made, slings born and raised, EWLs (yeah, they're kinda cute)....yeah, life is better with more ts.

There's just too many cool species available right now and they really don't take up a huge amount of room per spider, especially if you use stackable enclosures.....if you don't have a lot, you just go around on sites like this looking at spiders you don't have but really want.:(
20 is my next milestone. I'm running out of room though and eventually all my slings in deli cups are going to be getting bigger and need more space. I'm going to most likely be continuing with slings until our house is finished being built, maybe picking up some slower growers...just need to keep things under control until September and then I'll have two whole extra rooms specifically for Ts. :smug:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Just wanted to give an update to those of you who were kind enough to help out here - Brock and I are on our way to the LPS to meet his lady love! Wish us luck.

I'm also a bit sad, I've developed some attachment to this old chap :(