Genus Pamphobeteus

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Ana,yes it was the same spider,this spider was bought as P.nigricolor,from a well known German dealer (i wont name any names) now she has moulted,its quite clear to see that she looks more like P.antinous that i have than P.nigricolor!!!
As for the Vespertinus,they may look like Plattyoma,but i bought these as a male and female pair,again from a reputable German dealer,im hoping you are wrong Ana,just have to go with my instincts on this and keep my fingers crossed.But then again,there are quite alot of Pampho's that look very similar in apperance and colour to each other :S
cheers...Neil

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Ana,yes it was the same spider,this spider was bought as P.nigricolor,from a well known German dealer (i wont name any names) now she has moulted,its quite clear to see that she looks more like P.antinous that i have than P.nigricolor!!!
As for the Vespertinus,they may look like Plattyoma,but i bought these as a male and female pair,again from a reputable German dealer,im hoping you are wrong Ana,just have to go with my instincts on this and keep my fingers crossed.But then again,there are quite alot of Pampho's that look very similar in apperance and colour to each other :S
cheers...Neil
Neil,
that Nigricolor you say from very reputable source that just happend molted in to P Antinous,
I just say ones more, those pampobeteus on your pictures just dont look like any Vespertinus that I have saw
you say similar in appearance and color, but not similar enough to label one Species for another
just for references look here :
http://www.swiftinverts.com/species/swiftsmiscpage3.htm
and here:
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/p.php/337
and here:
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/p.php/336

so maybe you can look in to proper ID on those spiders
Anastasia

Last edited:

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi again Ana,to me,my P.vespertinus look nothing like P.plattyoma.i have posted 2 pics,1 Platty,and 1 Vespertinus.both juve female and both the same size.I have looked at numerous pictures since your post,and the Platty tends to be more darker than Vespertinus.Even as adults,they dont even resemble each other!
I have viewed my German friends pics of Vespertinus aswell,and my vespertinus look identical to his.

This is my juve female P.vespertinus

cheers...Neil

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My spiders ... :rolleyes:
You are a very lucky man ;) any signs of the female being gravid yet??? how long ago was mating?
Im really jealous you have this species,i would love some babies if you are succesfull :)
Cheers...Neil

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice picture Dietmar ;) Are the Peruvian variant more browner that the Bolivian species?Because my female P.antinous is much darker than yours,but she is Bolivian.Very nice looking spider :}
cheers...Neil

Fritz1000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello Neil,

the picture is deceptive. Pamphobeteus spec "antinous" Peru is fresh moulted black and later browner.

Pamphobeteus antinous (Bolivia) immature female

Greetings

Sorry for my bad english.:8o

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very interesting Dietmar,i have 1.1 P.antinous bought as Bolivian,and they are very black.
what do think these are...Peru or Bolivia?? this is the adult female.

also,could you have a look at this spider aswell,she was bought as P.vespertinus,there are a couple of people on here that suggested she could be P.plattyoma.this is a freshly moulted female.

cheers...Neil

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus "platyomma"

neilhayles,

Your "P. vespertinus" looks to me to be a Pamphobeteus sp. "platyomma".

Todd

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
neil in my opinion that dosen't look like P.plattyoma.

i'll post a pic of my girl in a few minutes

moose

edit:
here are the pics
before the molt...

freshley molted....

Last edited:

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Moose,thanks for your reply,to be honest,i dont think my supposed female P.vespertinus looks anything like yours or Chris's female Platty.She has never looked like your Platty does in premoult,yours seems alot browner with white markings on her knees,i can see a similar apperance after your female Platty has moulted,but never has my Vesp looked how yours or Chris's Platty does before moult!
Also,my male P.vespertinus has never looked like your male Platty either!
Can someone post some pics of their subadult and mature male P.sp Platty? this is how my male P.vespertinus looked at subadult and when he matured.
By the way Moose,they are some great pics you have put up here mate...keep them coming ;)

Subadult male P.vespertinus.

Mature male P.vespertinus.

cheers...Neil