Genus Pamphobeteus

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice Neil:)
Any plans on breeding him?
Hi Chris,i have very big plans for the lad in the picture,im just waiting for him to make his spermweb,should be any day now,then he's going for a nice sexy jolly with my female :}
I will be mating P.nigricolor tomorrow aswell ;)
cheers...Neil

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good luck with the matings Neil.
We definitely need more of these in the hobby.:D
Keep me updated on the progress.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice ultramarinus Chris! Hope you get a female :)

Here's one of my females P. platyomma. I find them to be really beautiful spiders even though they are brown. I love this girl! She's only 1 year old and already mature I think (not full grown though) These genus is lightning fast growing!! :D

Pato-

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks Pato.
I tried sexing it last molt but it's still to small to tell 100%.
Very nice P platyomma by the way:D
Your right, this species is very beautiful.

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,as promised.here are some Pampho mating pics that i took about 20 minutes ago.
First up P.nigricolor.The female was very pleased to see the male,it seemed to me she wanted to mate more than the male did,i didnt witness an insertion,but they are co-habiting,so fingers crossed they get it on.ill leave them together for a few more days,then remove the male to see if he makes a new spermweb,then i will deffinately know mating took place.I have another female which has just moulted,so she is nice and fresh for the male.She is much larger than the first female,easily a 9" legspan.

Next up P.vespertinus,these got straight to it as soon as the male was introduced,both were very keen to get to know each other ;)
Here is the male making his entrance.

Getting to know each other.

Here he is trying to lift her up.

Looks like he got a good insert.

This is the male getting ready to make a run for it lol.

And final pic is of the female after mating took place.

I will pair them again in a few days after the male has made a new spermweb ;)
cheers...Neil

Last edited:

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice Neil.
I wish you tons of luck.:D
That male is stunning.
Thanks Chris,im gonna need all the luck i can get trying to get eggsacs from these...fingers crossed eh?
Yeah i have to admit myself,the male Vespertinus is truly stunning :}
cheers...Neil

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi again,now i have a slight problem,my adult female P.nigricolor moulted a couple of days ago,i have shown a pic of her to my friend and he aswell as me thinks she now looks like P.antinous.I know people must get sick of the "can you help i.d my spider" qusetion.but it would mean alot to me if a few people could look at the new pics of her and give me your opinion as to what you might think she is.i am going to be mating this spider very shortly,so would be great if someone could give me a better idea of what she is.
Before moult.

After moult.

cheers...Neil

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,thanks for your replys,but i now think thie spider is P.antinous,she looks exactly like my other Antinous,this is quite annoying because i bought her as P.nigricolor!!
Its a good job i noticed this,i was going to pair her with a P.nigricolor male!!!
Thanks again for your replys...Neil

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,i paired my P.fortis today.text book mating,looked like the male got a couple of good inserts.will give them another go when the males made a new spermweb.
Here's the male.

getting to know each other.

Doing the deed ;)

cheers...Neil

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,thanks for your replys,but i now think thie spider is P.antinous,she looks exactly like my other Antinous,this is quite annoying because i bought her as P.nigricolor!!
Its a good job i noticed this,i was going to pair her with a P.nigricolor male!!!
Thanks again for your replys...Neil
while back I remember seen that picture and remember reply on it is well that was not Nigricolor,
I believe it was a diferent forum,
Anastasia
Next up P.vespertinus,these got straight to it as soon as the male was introduced,both were very keen to get to know each other ;)

I will pair them again in a few days after the male has made a new spermweb ;)
cheers...Neil
Neil,
Am sorry to say,
but those are dont look Vespertinus to me
more like sp platyomma
hope Am wrong,
Anastasia

Last edited: