Monthly Southern California Hike and Hunt

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Let's start tallying up who's going on the June 24th SCABIES Hike/Hunt!!!

So far, it's:

Andrew (cacoseraph)- YES
Neshan (NBond1986)- YES
Earl (Neshan's cousin)- YES

(Andrew, could you please add the other tentative or "yes" or "no" or "maybe" people that you know of?)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I'll take bark scorps!! I have a colony of striped bark scorps and I just love them!!!

I'm leaving on Thursday to go to Oklahoma, so I won't be here for hike or for show :(

On my drive to and back from Oklahoma, i'm going to be staying the night in AZ and TX, and hopefull catch many many scorps, also hope to catch a few bark scorps in OK also. What I want to know is if I bring back alot of scorps will anyone in SCABIES want some (for free)?? I don't want to come home with 100 scorps, then end up with 80 that i'm trying to get rid of :rolleyes: So if anyone wants some, let me know in the next few days so I can be sure to bring plenty home. :D :D :D

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
. What I want to know is if I bring back alot of scorps will anyone in SCABIES want some (for free)?? I don't want to come home with 100 scorps, then end up with 80 that i'm trying to get rid of :rolleyes: So if anyone wants some, let me know in the next few days so I can be sure to bring plenty home. :D :D :D
I'll def. take some of whatever you come back with. I'm going to New Mexico in the end of July and will be doing the same thing. (hopefully w/ some T's as well)

ronin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
compnerd7 - I'll take some scorps/bugs off your hands. :)

I let caco know already but I won't be able to make this weekend's H&H.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm still in the air on this weekends H/H. I'll know by Fri. or Sat.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
finally some free weekend! i want to go to the h&h. how far from van nuys? what time are you guys meeting? will i make it back in time to go to the vintage motorcycle races in the the evening in ventura?

does anyone need a large aquarium?
from Van nuys to Andrews will take you about 1 hour, and if you take your car to the hike you can leave when your times up and head out to the motorcycle show.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm in too. And lizmotobike. I'm going to need a big tank soon for my BD. Are you selling one?

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Could you post here when you've confirmed the June 30 hike?

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"How big is large?"- wburke17

the eternal question, yes that is relative, isnt it? :liar: {D
the tank was given to me by my neighbors. it was given to me for my L. para but i think it will be too big. i should maybe check and make sure they don't want it back before i give it away, i guess. the size of the tank is L36" x H15" x w16" . it had turtles in it so it will need a though cleaning & disenfecting before it is used again. i do not know if it is water tight for fish but that can be explored by the interested party. i can bring it to a meet. or if you are close to van nuys. it has a few extras inside it. bulbs and stuff. i know L. paras get big, but thats a lot of dirt. i don't think it wants to work that hard for a meal. feel free to correct me if i am wrong but irma will be ok in a 30 gal.

"from Van nuys to Andrews will take you about 1 hour, and if you take your car to the hike you can leave when your times up and head out to the motorcycle show." -wburke17

please let me know locations for mapquest. this is L.A.. i live 7 miles from work and it can take me anywhere from 15min to 1h 15 min. it is a sat. that helps but not if theres a concert or big event locally. thanks i am really looking fwd to this. i have been googling burrows for T's. not easy.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm leaving on Thursday to go to Oklahoma, so I won't be here for hike or for show :(

On my drive to and back from Oklahoma, i'm going to be staying the night in AZ and TX, and hopefull catch many many scorps, also hope to catch a few bark

scorps in OK also. What I want to know is if I bring back alot of scorps will anyone in SCABIES want some (for free)?? I don't want to come home with 100

scorps, then end up with 80 that i'm trying to get rid of :rolleyes: So if anyone wants some, let me know in the next few days so I can be sure to bring

plenty home. :D :D :D
too bad about not being able to make it, but it seems like you will be having your own pretty cool bugventure. (someone should tell me when the bugblended words get old... cuz i will keep using them till someone hits me in the head with a rock otherwise)

also, there is a petstore by my house that typically will give at least store credit for out of state bugs. i would be happy to introduce you to them and ~broker a deal. i like for them to carry bugs and you could get some supplies or something out of it. if you have extras, i mean.

Let's start tallying up who's going on the June 24th SCABIES Hike/Hunt!!!

So far, it's:

Andrew (cacoseraph)- YES
Neshan (NBond1986)- YES
Earl (Neshan's cousin)- YES

(Andrew, could you please add the other tentative or "yes" or "no" or "maybe" people that you know of?)
i will look into my emails and stuff

I'll def. take some of whatever you come back with. I'm going to New Mexico in the end of July and will be doing the same thing.

(hopefully w/ some T's as well)
this is awesome. this is better than i hoped for a local group. good job peoples :D

I'm in too. And lizmotobike. I'm going to need a big tank soon for my BD. Are you selling one?
excellent. going to be a couple new people at the 24th hike. very cool. i am starting to get nervous about exploring a new area. maybe we could go to the wastelands and rustle up some tiger centipedes if the new place fails.

Could you post here when you've confirmed the June 30 hike?
i or another will almost certainly

"How big is large?"- wburke17

the eternal question, yes that is relative, isnt it? :liar: {D
the tank was given to me by my neighbors. it was given to me for my L. para but i think it will be too big. i should maybe check and make sure they don't

want it back before i give it away, i guess. the size of the tank is L36" x H15" x w16" . it had turtles in it so it will need a though cleaning &

disenfecting before it is used again. i do not know if it is water tight for fish but that can be explored by the interested party. i can bring it to a

meet. or if you are close to van nuys. it has a few extras inside it. bulbs and stuff. i know L. paras get big, but thats a lot of dirt. i don't think it

wants to work that hard for a meal. feel free to correct me if i am wrong but irma will be ok in a 30 gal.

"from Van nuys to Andrews will take you about 1 hour, and if you take your car to the hike you can leave when your times up and head out to the

motorcycle show." -wburke17

please let me know locations for mapquest. this is L.A.. i live 7 miles from work and it can take me anywhere from 15min to 1h 15 min. it is a sat. that

helps but not if theres a concert or big event locally. thanks i am really looking fwd to this. i have been googling burrows for T's. not easy.
liz, mapquest to

12101 Blue Spruce Drive
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

that isn't my actual house address but it is on the same street. my actual house address is sufficiently new that it isn't in any of the map programs

that i know of. i will PM or email you my house address and phone number.

or, alternately, i am by the intersection of the 210 and 15, if you know where those are.

ok, here is the like, checklist as i see it
Code:
June24Hike....June24Hike....June24Hike....June24Hike....
cacoseraph	yes
buthus		
Wburke17	maybe
twirl and kill	
DavidRS		
nbond1986	yes
russman		
what		
MizM		
thiscordia	
ftorres		
cricket54	
Mudskipper	
Anette		
abyss_x3	yes
MeaninglessEnd	
Earl		yes
ronin		no
Griff		
JMoran1097	
lizmotobike	hopefully
compnerd7	negative
julesaussies	
Ryan L.		
kolomomma	
luis138		

hey, i was thinking. people should try to find people who live close to them so that maybe some kind of carpoolage can be worked out. buthus and nbond&earl carpool sometimes and it saves them a cool amount of driving sometimes

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'll be happy to take anyone in my area. I drive a 93 honda civic so if you guys want to take the chance with me it'll be alright. I'll see if my lil bro wants to go too.

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i would be happy to give a lift as well. i am in van nuys. i will most likely be heading back earlier as i want to go to the evening races in ventura.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nice

Code:
cacoseraph	yes
buthus		
Wburke17	maybe
twirl and kill	yes
DavidRS		
nbond1986	yes
russman		
what		
MizM		
thiscordia	
ftorres		
cricket54	
Mudskipper	
Anette		
abyss_x3	yes
MeaninglessEnd	
Earl		yes
ronin		no
Griff		yes
JMoran1097	
lizmotobike	yes
compnerd7	negative
julesaussies	
Ryan L.		
kolomomma	
luis138		
(updated 6/21/2007 2:30pm pacific time)

also, at this point i am thinking we could try a place or two that is fairly close to my house and then potentially head over to the wastelands if catching bugs in real nature gets the better of us. heh.

Last edited:

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how big is large
-wburke17

does that mean you are interested?

-abyss_X3

i am not sellin it. i am donating it. for free. i do not know if it is water tight or ok for fish. some one gave it to me and i have never used it. i can bring it to the H&H or if your back seat is full of people you can pick it up from here in van nuys. it should go to someone who needs it and will use it. not sit and collect dust. - cheers

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
-wburke17

does that mean you are interested?

-abyss_X3

i am not sellin it. i am donating it. for free. i do not know if it is water tight or ok for fish. some one gave it to me and i have never used it. i can bring it to the H&H or if your back seat is full of people you can pick it up from here in van nuys. it should go to someone who needs it and will use it. not sit and collect dust. - cheers
I was interested in the size, i'm looking for really large. Abyss if you need it go for it

Griffin

Arachnopeon
heh. I used to keep salt water fish and reef tanks so i got tons of tanks, if anyone wants one i could figure something out.

I have: 10g(20"L,10"W,12"H), 20g(24"L,12"W,17"H), 29g(30"L,12"W,19"H), 55g(48"L,13"W,19"T), 60g(48"L,15"W, 17"T). These are all just tanks with no tops. If anyone would like any of these just tell me, i could bring them to the H&H this weekend. I wont charge anything for any of them but i welcome trade for T's.

Thanks

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah i need to know how early to wake up.
I'll take the tank apperently nobody is carpooling with me except my lil bro.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
we typically meet at my house at 9am. if someone has responded that they will make it we typically will wait up until almost 10 for them to get there... but do try to be ontime, like ;)

also, if you want to bring bugs for trade that is cool. we typically hang out a bit afterwords and trade or whatnot. we usually leave the trade bugs in my room so we don't have to tote them around an unnecesarily stress them out