Monthly Southern California Hike and Hunt

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
CHECKLIST for SAND DIEGO!!!
Code:
 0) cacoseraph		driving down (meeting at warrens?)
 1) Wburke17		driving down (meeting at warrens?)
17) ronin		driving down (meeting at warrens?)
26) jen650s		meeting us there (where?)
XX) Pulk		meeting us there (where?)
Yay, I'm going. I will be driving with Ronin to Warren's. I will be bringing versi slings, and I'll unload some pretty cheap! Maybe some leeches, too.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
updated list;
Warren meeting at my house
caco at warren's house
griffin carpooling w/ caco?(still room for ya ta go)
ronin at warrens house
davidrs carpooling w/ ronin
jules meeting at show (have #)
pulk meeting at show (gave #)
jen650s meeting at show (have #)
GQ meeting at show (caco has #)
if anybody else is going let us know soon , so we can look forward to meeting/seeing you down there...
W

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Last year the Scottish Rite show spread out into two rooms. It looked like both rooms encompassed the entire Center. It is a small show about the size of the Del Mar IRBA show, but not nearly as large as the old San Diego IRBA shows. It was a good show last year. I don't know what I'll be wearing, but if you see a guy in a snake skin Arachnopets thong then give him a big ol' hug. It won't be me, but he probably needs a hug anyway.

Feel free to send a PM for my number if you are not in contact with anyone yet. You can also ask Chris at Krazy 8's to point me out. See you there! This should be a lot of fun.

Gilbert

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scabies

HEllo Caco,officers and all the rest.

I want to start by welcoming the newest members.

Secondly, I wanted to propose to meet at Señor 8 table, Chris at Crazy eights.

third; Caco I think the first Scabies show and tell is a great idea.
I was planning one with my friend Charlie,who used to work at Pet and Jungle in Monrovia/Arcadia, so I was thinking that if we need tables I have tables, we will also need some portable canopies and we need to make sure we choose a day that it is not too hot or else we will be showing preserved toasted specimens =)
I can also help making some copies of a flyer, so we can give to the petstore owner to pass, at least a month in advance???

Perhaps one of the officers could check on things like City permits??? and any other legalities that you guys could think of.

We can also put one together in the city of Monrovia/Arcadia, I know the owner at PEt and Jungle, Warren knows Kenneth I think.
I was once ask about participating in an event at the Wilderness park in that same city. One of the officers there is a Pet and Jungle custumer and perhaps we can get to use the Nature center conference room???

I will ask tomorrow about the possibility of organizing something in the city of Arcadia/Monrovia nature centers.
I will keep you guys inform.

Well Best of luck on Saturday, Happy Herping and collecting.

Francisco Torres

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
oh man!

this is turning out way better than i had hoped :D

so that makes my like, bad news easier to take, i hope =P i am definitely moving... we have one of those tres chic lock boxes on our house and everything... so i am going to have to postpone the BBBQ till after i move if we are going to have it at my house :(

@GQ that's messed up dude. hilarious... but one hell of a lingering visual

@warren sweet dude. officers rock. i think i would delegate my breathing and eating if i could. does that make me high maintenance? my last gf said i was =P

@francisco. dang... that would be awesome to do more than one show&tell! give more people a chance to show up... and the LA folk would have a much shorter drive to monrovia, i think. i didn't even think of permits... definitely need to look into that. the Rancho Cucamonga petstore i was thinking of has a 12-15' wide covered walkway and the store is ~20-25' wide so we could probably fit two tables comfortably w/o snarling up traffic too much. i agree we should get flyers or some sort of publicity out at least a month before we do any shows like that. i would like to have a website or forum up before we make publicity fliers though... include those and possibly get more members from non-online locals :D

@all
dang, we are getting ready to unleash hordes of SCABIES on the unsuspecting populace... i love it!

@all going to the San Diego Adventure and the SRC
i like francisco's suggestion of meeting at the K8 table. all the Krazy people are really nice and i like to look at their bugs :) so, let's meet there

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
note'd. should i still call Warren?
i'd say if you can't find us or something to give him a ring. we should be pretty easy to find, though, i am hoping

oh hey, could anyone that is meeting at *MY* house make sure i have your phone number (if you have a cell phone). that way i can call you if you are running late. or at least make sure you have my number.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey everyone.

i still dont know if i can go tomorrow.....id like to, but i would HAVE to carpool.

also, just remember one thing.

if you are counting on getting in touch with eachother via cell phones.....be aware that there might not be reception inside the building.

At the LA Bug Fair a month ago, there was absolutely no reception within the building......which made it hard to find people.

Just be aware of that possibility!!!

If I don't get to go....you guys have a wonderful time!!!

Warren and Andrew: If I'm not there....you guys need to take LOADS of pics on the hike&hunt. I need to get some good visuals of what a T burrow might look like, and where it would be located. :D

Have fun guys!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have a small amount of inverts i am looking to sell or trade (for a relatively small list of things to power breeding projects)

i can bring them to warren's house or the SRC

if you are interested and haven't gotten an email (i tried to send it only to the people going to the show) then hit me up (cacoseraph@yahoo.com) and i will email the list to you

</spider pimp>

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay, turns out I'll be able to go!!! {D

I'm going to hitch a ride with David (twirl and kill)

I'll see you all tomorrow!!!!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Okay, turns out I'll be able to go!!! {D

I'm going to hitch a ride with David (twirl and kill)

I'll see you all tomorrow!!!!
good gods, i forgot all about twirl!

are you guys going to meet at my house or warren's house or neither?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
revised :)
updated list;
Warren meeting at my house
caco at warren's house
griffin carpooling w/ caco (still room for ya ta go)
ronin at warrens house
davidrs carpooling w/ ronin
jules meeting at show (have #)
pulk meeting at show (gave #)
jen650s meeting at show (have #)
GQ meeting at show (caco has #)

nbond1986 (carpooling with each other, and...)
twirl and kill (carpooling with each other, and...)
if anybody else is going let us know soon , so we can look forward to meeting/seeing you down there...
W
edit:
REVISED AT 3:15PM June 29th

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK GOOD NEWS! I can come! That is if theres still room for me?
if the car at warren's place gets full we can drive my car down, so there will be room one way or another

damn... a fairly crazy amount of ppl are going to show up! awesome!

edit:
ok, i'm leaving work which means i potentially have no more internet connection. email or pm warren or neshan (wburke17 or nbond1986) or call me (everyone should have my contact info, and i like, hereby give permission for SCABIES members to share my info with other people for bug purposes, heh)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Guess I'm the only scabie not going huh? Oh well I tried to get out of working but were already going to be two people short. Hey you guys take loads of pics for me and someone try getting me a scorp. I'll pay. I'll def make it to bbq. Caco let me know if you need anything for BBBQ or the show and tell. I'll be at the next hike for sure.

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no this scabie can not go either. i have too many responsibilites. i have to fix a turn signal on my bike as it vibrated loose. look again for a turtle. its vaccination time for the pets etc. blah blah blah wah wah.:wall:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sucks if anyone's not busy that night I would like to go blacklighting if any cares to join me.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Liz

Use some loctite on that turn signal it really helps and then you can come next time. ;P

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey guys just want to thank you for easing my roach phobia. Just got some dubias in the mail. Still jumped when a roach fell out of my mop at work but i can handle this better now.