Monthly Southern California Hike and Hunt

Griffin

Arachnopeon
the thickness of glass would only affect temps in an insulating sense, unless sunbeams could hit it.... then it would act like a solar oven, i think.
i will swap out the guys in glass cages if you want though. i think i have at least 50 containers of that size lying around =P

also, i was just guessing about the brainfried thing. i'm probably wrong. you know how that goes =P
I was thinking in a over insulating sence, and dead air as well. I think it would be on the safe side to remove them though, thanks a bunch.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'll be able to go on the hike definitely (dad or someone accompanying me. :wall: )

but i do want to look at stuff at the reptile expo... will there be time for that saturday or should i just go back on sunday?

and you'll have to specify a meeting point at the expo. :)

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'll be able to go on the hike definitely (dad or someone accompanying me. :wall: )

but i do want to look at stuff at the reptile expo... will there be time for that saturday or should i just go back on sunday?

we are going to the expo first and then to the hike, i will pm you my cell# so you can call me and we can meet at the expo

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow i had a great time. i got a couple of pics. not sure how to post them though. the toad came out well. as well as the spider that was on the buried palm tree. lots of stuff was blurry as i need more than just the macro setting. that was a lot of fun. i am sorry i can't make to san diego. i really want to see T burrows in the wild.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

warren (wburke) is a dad so we usually have one along =P

plus, hopefully your dad will be impressed with SCABIES and you can pick up a little more invert freedom when he sees how "serious" we take it.

i believe we will be cruising through the herp show but of our time the bulk, pulk, will be spent hunting.

happily i am tall and generally noisy so you will just have to look for the hairy guy giggling about bugs.... but a meeting point might be a good idea. anyone familiar with this place?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
wow i had a great time. i got a couple of pics. not sure how to post them though. the toad came out well. as well as the spider that was on the buried palm tree. lots of stuff was blurry as i need more than just the macro setting. that was a lot of fun. i am sorry i can't make to san diego. i really want to see T burrows in the wild.
i'm hoping GQ. will teach the people that go and then we can pass on the info and eventually you will get to see your T burrow.

also, some of the other SCABIES live by tarantulas (so do i... i just can't *find* the dang things!!) so eventually we will find them. i'm just hopign it's not *too* long of an eventually

CHECKLIST for SAND DIEGO!!!
Code:
 0) cacoseraph		driving down (meeting at warrens?)
 1) Wburke17		driving down (meeting at warrens?)
17) ronin		driving down (meeting at warrens?)
26) jen650s		meeting us there (where?)
XX) Pulk		meeting us there (where?)

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I might be able to go to the Sunday sandiego trip. Not sure yet, I'll find out tonight. Is there going to be some kind of carpool or would I have to meet y'all at SD?

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know physically where the Scottish Rite Center is, but I've never been inside so no help with a meeting place. I am however intending to be there at opening Saturday morning. Has everyone got a discount coupon yet? If not go print one here http://www.reptilesupershow.com/coupon.html. I will only have a couple hours to hike, but have my own transportation, so not a problem. Where is the hike going? It is very warm inland it has been in the low 90s, but it is supposed to be partly cloudy and a little cooler this weekend. If you get out into the desert it is into the mid 90s at least.

Griffin

Arachnopeon
Im almost a for sure go. Is there enough room for me to carpool? IF there is Can i meet you at your house andrew, then we go over to warrens. Trying to keep the mileage on my car as low as possible since im selling it soon.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I might be able to go to the Sunday sandiego trip. Not sure yet, I'll find out tonight. Is there going to be some kind of carpool or would I have to meet y'all at SD?
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY!!!! this is soem kind of carpoolage going on but i am not for sure on what it is going to be... but, you should be pretty safe meeting at my house on SATURDAY, June 30th... but probably we would have to meet at my house at like 8am or maybe even a smidge earlier

I know physically where the Scottish Rite Center is, but I've never been inside so no help with a meeting place. I am however intending to be there at opening Saturday morning. Has everyone got a discount coupon yet? If not go print one here http://www.reptilesupershow.com/coupon.html. I will only have a couple hours to hike, but have my own transportation, so not a problem. Where is the hike going? It is very warm inland it has been in the low 90s, but it is supposed to be partly cloudy and a little cooler this weekend. If you get out into the desert it is into the mid 90s at least.
i will try and find out a good place to meet if nobody who has been there pipes up

Im almost a for sure go. Is there enough room for me to carpool? IF there is Can i meet you at your house andrew, then we go over to warrens. Trying to keep the mileage on my car as low as possible since im selling it soon.
yeah, meet at my house. i believe ronin has a SUV (though i thought he drove a car when we went to Azusa Canyons). if worst comes to worst i can drive too.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I now know that the show is in the Corinthian room. Which is the ballroom but I still don't know the layout or anything else about the place. Maybe we should meet at the entrance to the ballroom. I'm sure that the show isn't going to be huge since according to the website for the Scottish Rite Center the room holds 63 booths for tradeshows. Whaddya think?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I now know that the show is in the Corinthian room. Which is the ballroom but I still don't know the layout or anything else about the place. Maybe we should meet at the entrance to the ballroom. I'm sure that the show isn't going to be huge since according to the website for the Scottish Rite Center the room holds 63 booths for tradeshows. Whaddya think?
is that I or II Corinthians? eheheh

that sounds good to me. meet by the enterance to the ballroom. check.

i think we are goign to try to get to the SRC at opening time, too. maximize the time for the hunt that way.

thanks Jen

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
for anybody wanting to meet us at the show p.m. me and i will give you my cell #...... pulk already has it,

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if we're meeting/leaving at the very beginning, should we not pay to get in until we come back/Sunday/ever? (assuming they don't have a re-entry option)

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if we're meeting/leaving at the very beginning, should we not pay to get in until we come back/Sunday/ever? (assuming they don't have a re-entry option)
we all are planning to look at the show prob spend 1-2hrs there and then go for the hike afterwards.

(hey caco beat ya to it;) )

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
we are going to the show, then hunting

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok, here is the tentative timing for SATURDAY, June 30th, San Diego Adventure:

7:30am Meet at Andrew's House

8:00am Meet at Warren's House, arrange car(s), head out to San Diego

9-9:30am show up at Scottish Rite Center. do a little shopping.

~11am HUNT!!!!!!!!!!

edit:

also, i will try to wear one of my bug shirts to make it easier to spot me. also, check out nbond's group pics... i believe i am the hairiest dude in the pics. heh. and i will be wearing a black hoody. well, if i wear my bug hunting hoody then it is more of this sort of reddish-brown color now... but you can kinda tell it was born black and has faded with time, sun, and sweat =P hehehehe

edit*2:
warren, like the change to my sig?

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sorry I ment saturday. I'm just so used to being free Sunday it slipped out. But yeah still haven't found out if I can go. Haven't even seen my boss today. You guys make me feel so stupid :(. I only need one person to correct me. Nah im jusk kiddding. But seriously I'm really hoping to make it this SATURDAY.

Last edited:

Griffin

Arachnopeon
OK my probably gonna go is back to a im not sure if im gonna go. Might be busy looking at prespective houses that day.