Introduce Yourself

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hi; I’m Jess. I’m 31(f), I live in PA. I just bought my first tarantula on 8/23/24. It’s a 3-3.5 inch Tliltocatl albopilosus, named Ripley. I’ve never had a tarantula (or any exotic pet) before so this is all very new! I do have a chiweenie (he’s the Love of My Life) and a betta as well.

I thought this might be a good place to ask questions, if I had any, and to share in enthusiasm for the not-so-scary big crawlies.
Hi Jess - welcome! You're in the right place for the best tarantula info available. If you haven't already, read through this thread that covers all the basics & more:

Learn to use the search feature on the site (magnifying glass in the upper right corner), and/or type your search term into Google and follow it with "Arachnoboards.com" to get results on the site. If you do that and still can't find the answer to your questions, feel free to start a thread in the appropriate forum!

Enjoy your new fuzzy friend!

jadake

Arachnopeon
Hey all!
From Minnesota and new here, but I've been reading & studying for a bit. I don't yet own a scorpion, so I'm watching and scouring the webs to find my first. It really hit me when watching videos and reading about how some species are being heavily affected by the pet trade and the need for more captive breeding to support the species. And no, not looking to make money doing it - I've already read enough to know that doesn't really happen. It's more about trying to make a positive impact on an awesome species!

SpiderHeartz

Arachnopeon
Hi! I go by Heart, and I'm from the United States. I live in New Jersey, and collect lots of tarantulas and other crawly things (like beetles and scorpions).

I like drawing them, and making stickers out of them as well as just posting cool pics of them and info dumping. Nice to meet everyone here.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Hey 👋 n welcome to ab 😊

Hey all!
From Minnesota and new here, but I've been reading & studying for a bit. I don't yet own a scorpion, so I'm watching and scouring the webs to find my first. It really hit me when watching videos and reading about how some species are being heavily affected by the pet trade and the need for more captive breeding to support the species. And no, not looking to make money doing it - I've already read enough to know that doesn't really happen. It's more about trying to make a positive impact on an awesome species!
That's a great goal I wish you good luck in your endeavour 😉

Hi! I go by Heart, and I'm from the United States. I live in New Jersey, and collect lots of tarantulas and other crawly things (like beetles and scorpions).

I like drawing them, and making stickers out of them as well as just posting cool pics of them and info dumping. Nice to meet everyone here.
I look forward to seeing your art and pics in the future 😊

Clawdia

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Claudia. I'm 35 and live in Texas and I got my first tarantulas in April of '23. Just added another and a jumping spider to my collection this week and since this forum kept popping up in my search results when doing research I figured I may as well go ahead and join. I work in jewelry sales and live with my arachnophobic husband, a houseful of cats, one tiny dog that thinks he's a cat, 2 boa constrictors and a leopard gecko with an attitude problem. Oh, and a centipede. Thankfully I have a hobby room upstairs where I can keep all the "creepy crawly" pets where my husband can pretend they don't exist and the cats can't try to hunt them.
I got into tarantulas on purpose. For most of my life I didn't like spiders at all and even told a friend who wanted one that having one in the house would be a deal breaker if we were roommates. But about 10 years ago when I got my boas, a friend was telling me how much he wanted a GBB, showed me all sorts of pictures and talking about how pretty they are. I said he was nuts for wanting a spider in his house on purpose. About a year later he was killed in a hit and run accident and one of my first thoughts when I heard the news was that he would never get that tarantula. And I resolved to work my way through my fears and get one in his memory. My first T was a greenbottle blue and it is named after him, even though I have my fingers crossed that I have a girl! Picked her up at an expo as a tiny sling no bigger than my pinky nail and now she's about 2 inches. I lost a fear and gained a new hobby.

The Spider House

Arachnolord
Hi! I'm Claudia. I'm 35 and live in Texas and I got my first tarantulas in April of '23. Just added another and a jumping spider to my collection this week and since this forum kept popping up in my search results when doing research I figured I may as well go ahead and join. I work in jewelry sales and live with my arachnophobic husband, a houseful of cats, one tiny dog that thinks he's a cat, 2 boa constrictors and a leopard gecko with an attitude problem. Oh, and a centipede. Thankfully I have a hobby room upstairs where I can keep all the "creepy crawly" pets where my husband can pretend they don't exist and the cats can't try to hunt them.
I got into tarantulas on purpose. For most of my life I didn't like spiders at all and even told a friend who wanted one that having one in the house would be a deal breaker if we were roommates. But about 10 years ago when I got my boas, a friend was telling me how much he wanted a GBB, showed me all sorts of pictures and talking about how pretty they are. I said he was nuts for wanting a spider in his house on purpose. About a year later he was killed in a hit and run accident and one of my first thoughts when I heard the news was that he would never get that tarantula. And I resolved to work my way through my fears and get one in his memory. My first T was a greenbottle blue and it is named after him, even though I have my fingers crossed that I have a girl! Picked her up at an expo as a tiny sling no bigger than my pinky nail and now she's about 2 inches. I lost a fear and gained a new hobby.
What a lovely introduction and back story. Sorry for your loss but happy for your gain, especially when in memory for a loved one.
Welcome to the family ❤

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Welcome all to the wonderful world of ab all 😉

What a sad story , I also started because of a death and was also scared of them before I started , I hope they bring you the same peace they bring me.

SpiderHeartz

Arachnopeon
This is so admirable of you! Congratulations on being a member of the hobby.

Hi everyone, my name is Chris. I have two baby Asian Forest scorpions.
Hopefully you have a scorpion thread!
I'm in Lakeland, Florida.
View attachment 483244
Love the video! They look like well fed babies

Shortyreptile

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, my names Leon I've had an account for a while but have never spoke just been looking and reading too learn even more than what I already know. I have a few tarantulas from my very first chaco golden knee which is now about 5 years old. Aswell as some obts, Asian fawn, Mexican fire leg, red knee, salmon pinks, pumpkin patch, sun tiger, orange tree spiders, gbb,horned baboon aswell as a few others. Just started posting now as have some questions about a pregnant T I have. Will be nice to talk to you all and learn and get some more information and I'm from England.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Hi everyone, my names Leon I've had an account for a while but have never spoke just been looking and reading too learn even more than what I already know. I have a few tarantulas from my very first chaco golden knee which is now about 5 years old. Aswell as some obts, Asian fawn, Mexican fire leg, red knee, salmon pinks, pumpkin patch, sun tiger, orange tree spiders, gbb,horned baboon aswell as a few others. Just started posting now as have some questions about a pregnant T I have. Will be nice to talk to you all and learn and get some more information and I'm from England.
Hi and welcome to ab, there are a few of us here in the uk welcome to the club 😉

Number1Bugenthusiast

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello, Arachnoboards!! My name is Hunter! I'm a 14-year-old loser with a bug obsession. Before today I had no idea there was a forum for this kind of thing so I'm really excited! I've only been on one forum before so I'm still figuring things out, hopefully, you guys are at least a little nicer than the last!
I look forward to talking with you guys ^^ I am also excited to learn how to take care of adorable critters!

DrPeeWee

Arachnopeon
I Skipped the formalities on this forum, oops.

Hello AB! My name is Zachary (I prefer Zaac, If I'm to go by name.) I have wanted a Tarantula for close to 7 or 8 years now. And I have finally found my first T. and the time to start the adventure of owning a Tarantula.

I have always found fascination in Arachnids, Living in the western Deserts of the USA I have seen Hundreds of them! Tarantula's hold a special place in my heart, as it was the first type of spider I willingly handled at an expo a few years ago.

For starters, I live in a small town desert valley. I purchased my first Tarantula from a chain store, Petco. Yes, yes, I committed a sin, I know. I was hesitant to share this information because I was accosted for this across a couple of other communities I was a part of, but I had my own reasons for this including Shipping costs, not having the ability to keep a sling safe from desiccation or my other pets, and wanting to start with a juvenile T rather than a sling as an introduction into the hobby.

I got a Juvenile Grammostola Pulchripes, Chaco Golden Knee, at just about 3".

I am learning a lot, and am loving every second of it. So far this community has been much more receptive and responsive of my posts and has been a great help to me with tons of knowledgeable individuals.
I look forward to all the knowledge I will gain from such an insightful community, and perhaps will pass this information off to others when i am more experienced :happy:

Thank You, and i look forward to seeing you throughout the forum!