Introduce Yourself

lukatsi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

My name is Márk Lukátsi, I'm from Budapest, Hungary. I've been into insects for many years now, though I'm only 19. I have a collection of native insects, mostly beetles and I'm keeping some phasmid and beetle species. I'm also learning to play the guitar and canoeing in a nearby club. That's it for now:)

jameshay_1uk

Arachnopeon
Hi guys

Hi guys, I've kept T.s and other inverts for years now and I'm just starting to get deeper into the hobby and thought that it would be a good idea to join a good online community.

So, a little about myself; my name is James and I'm 24. I live in the small city of Perth in Scotland. I got into the exotic pet hobby about 14yrs ago when I got my first snake and since then my collection has grown into a small zoo, as my friends would call it lol!

Anyways, I look forward to talking all things invert with you all.

Cheers, James

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi there. Im from SA. Been collecting spiders, mostly baboon spiders for the last 15 years, just recently got into the whole tarantula thing. Trying to collect pokies and avics. Well...hi every1!

macnair

Arachnopeon
hi im ian from the Philippines
hoping to learn more about these wonderful arachnids here. :)

Tracy845096

Arachnopeon
New to this

Hi I,m Tracy, just came acrossthis site as I was looking for information on Jade Snails, so I thought I'd join. I have just aquired some white Jade snails and they're really cute (well I think so anyway). I also have two giant african land snails, so would love to hear from any fellow snail keepers on their experiences etc with keeping these delightful creatures. :razz:

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Hi,

I have always had reptiles and other strange pets, but I just recently bought my first spider. After doing some research, I decided on a Zebra or Striped Knee Tarantula. It is doing great and eating a ton (approximately 31/2-4 inches right now, not sure on sex). I plan on expanding my collection soon, and will probably get one of the Asian species (Haplopelma or something similar). I know they are bigger and much more aggressive, but I think my experience with other fast, aggressive pets at least partially qualifies me even though I am practically an Arachnovirgin. Any suggestions or pointers would be very much appreciated. I will try to post an updated list and possibly photos soon.

iguanapants

Arachnopeon
Noob

Hi. I'm very new to this hobby and this community. I bought my first tarantula four days ago and I'm hooked. Can't wait to meet cool people and really get into the hobby.

centipedescot

Arachnopeon
Hey all

Hey, im a first time collector here, looking to own a Peruvian giant yellow leg centipede,(there to cool not to by 1 ;),) and i was just really looking for any advice anybody could give me, about care, feeding etc.
peace out yall!!

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

I have always had reptiles and other strange pets, but I just recently bought my first spider. After doing some research, I decided on a Zebra or Striped Knee Tarantula. It is doing great and eating a ton (approximately 31/2-4 inches right now, not sure on sex). I plan on expanding my collection soon, and will probably get one of the Asian species (Haplopelma or something similar). I know they are bigger and much more aggressive, but I think my experience with other fast, aggressive pets at least partially qualifies me even though I am practically an Arachnovirgin. Any suggestions or pointers would be very much appreciated. I will try to post an updated list and possibly photos soon.

Do you own a homicidal cheetah?

AndrewH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello everyone! Just registered here. My names Andrew; and I used to breed African Rock Pythons, and kept various other animals including Tarantulas. Came here to gather information from the community, as I plan to rebuild, after my move to Southern California :D I'll be posting what pictures I have left, of my previous collection soon!

Once again, Hello!
Andrew

Pickles

Arachnopeon
Hello

I'm new here. I own 2 G. Roseas and they are the love of my life! I'm not sure of the sex of either of them, but their names are Pickles and Russell. I am fairly new to keeping Ts and am excited to learn all I can about them!

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have my favorites

over the years ive had numourus pets, but i gotta say Tarantulas are my favorite and the most interesting. its your own discovery channel in front of you.

ive had:
1. 2 pink toes( male and female)
2. 1 rosehair(female)
3. 1 bahia grey birdeater(most recent/unsure)

i'm still new at this hobby being young and not having alot of knowledge but i have done my research over the years and have done plenty of observing.

i did have a rose hair which was healthy and full of life, unfortunately i couldn't carry her on the airplane when i moved so, i went to Botar by 8s and found the birdeater, figured it was a step up did my research and then made the purchase and its been great so far.

- Josh

Drewbie84

Arachnopeon
New to tarantula ownership

Hey guys, My name is Drew (Drewbie). Im a 23 year old ex-army guy in Princeton (north of Dallas) Texas and I just bought my first T after growing up with all sorts of exotic pets. You name it, i've probably had one...Anyway, I just got a Chilean Rosehair and i have NO CLUE what sex it is...Either way, my 2 year old nephew Cameron named it for me...the first time he saw it and held it, all he says now is BUG? so its name is BUG...LOL.

Leigh

Arachnopeon
Lil Newby ^^

hey guys :)
My names Hayley although i am better known as Leigh in most cases.
im 17, own a lot of different animals including an expanding collection of different tarantulas.
i currently have a 11year old female B. smithi, a breeding pair of T.pruriens H. maculata (Adult female) G. rosea, L.klugi and C.fasciatum
i joined up this forum as i am thinking about breeding alot more of my spiders as the T.pruriens are my first ones to breed with help from a friend who has been breeding for years.
i am a big breeder of Common Boas, just gone into albino strains! Bull Snakes and various unusual colour forms on Corn snakes.
i also own a Pet Skunk ^^
my parents first got my interest with the unusual animals when i was very very young, my parents have been keeping snakes and lizards since i was a baby, and then it went onto the tarantulas, and i used to be absolutely terrified of them! :)
i am currently studying for a National Diploma in Animal Management which is great fun!

Hayley

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Two cents.

I just went and read through this entire forum/thread.

And I have to say this because it's so repetitive and annoying:

People do not 'own' pets. You cannot OWN a living creature. They are not YOURS. They may be your friends, your companions, interesting creatures, etc.

But they don't belong to anyone- Even worse if you impulsively walked into a pet store and bought a G. Rosea.

jen1302

Arachnopeon
New here

I'm Jen in the UK in my Arachnids i have a female Chilean Rose Hair and a Tailless whip scorpion.

Other pets in my pets family are
1 Yellow rat snake
1 Great Plains rat snake
1 Dog
2 Syrian hamsters
2 Zebra Finches