Introduce Yourself

packy120353

Arachnopeon
Introducing Myself

Hi my name's Paul from Mn. I am a Dad of 4 and we have 2 Catahoulas,one cat, a cavy (guinea pig), a hamster and 30 gallons of inbred mutant guppies. I collect and study (classic) monsters and anything related to them so it was just a matter of time before my love for wildlife led me to want a tarantula. I haven't obtained one yet, just doing redearch at this point since I knew nothing about care. I have been reading alot and decided to try out a Rosie. This seems to be the concensus "first tarantula". I welcome any and all advice or criticism including: should I get a male or female and why? Looking forward to meeting you all and thank you for the welcome!

Best,
Paul

The Emperor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello

I am a man that loves Scorpions. And also tarantulas. I have a decent collection. I have a passion for reptiles, I have well over 40 of them. I hope to be welcomed, But not stinged. That's My Job!

scl363

Arachnopeon
Hallo

My name is Simone . I bought a month ago my first scorpion a Pandinus cavimanus named Helmut:D and i'm here to learn as much as i can about those amazing Invertebrates:)

paulatpetshop

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
back into the hobby !

My name is Paul Becker of the former PetCenter USA shop in Los Angeles. After 7 years of working in other areas within the pet industry,I am now back . Divorced and happy,,my intentions are to enjoy this hobby again as I did back in the late 90s and early 00s. I hope to make contact with some of my wholesalers and begin selling on line like I did before. I also hope to refresh my old friendships with so many customers I had back in the day. If you remember me and would like to drop me a line ,I would like that.
I must say that I am impressed at how much this hobby has grown ! This site is totally cool ! {D . I will be lookin at this board everyday .
Thanks,
Paul Becker
Arachnocenter
Los Angeles Ca.
1-310-906-9368

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm into weird plants.

Then I met this weird woman. Now I'm into weird animals too. {D I have a rosie and a Madagascar hisser but eventually, we'll probably get a bunch more T's too.

Boomer!

No1Dor

Arachnopeon
Hey,

My name is Tyrone, I am 21 yrs old and I live in Johannesburg , South Africa.
I decided to join arachnoboards as there seemed to be a lot more knowledge and experience gathered here than any other site.

I have a 6" G. Aureostriata which I had since a 1/2" sling and have just purchased a whole bunch of 1/2" slings, namely:

-B.Smithi
-B.Emelia
-G.Rosea RCF
-G.Pulchra
-P.Murinus:evil:
-L.Parahybana
-E.Campestratus
-A.Versicolor

I have had a P.murinus and C.Crawshayi before but I sold them as I had no idea as to what I was getting myself into!:wall:

Well thats me,I look forward to exchanging views with people who's knowledge on T's far outstrips mine.

Laters,
Ty:D

ikelah

Arachnopeon
iKelah

hi,
just bump to this forum and very new here.
i am from malaysia, an amateur photographer and into macro and arachnoids for the past 1 year. into araneae for the past 3 months. going for the primitive ones lately.

thanks.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
New T keeper, but seasoned snake keeper

Hi guys, I've been keeping snakes since I was 12, and breeding them since 15. I'm 24 now, opening my own exotic animal store in a year or two after I get married. I just branched off into inverts this past year. I currently only have an Asian Forest Scorpion, a Mexican Red Knee, and a Guyana Pink Toe. In the next couple of weeks even, I'm buying a B. bohemi, a G. aureostriata, and a couple G. pulchras. (if you know where I can find some G. pulchra slings, I would love to know where. I'm on a waiting list at Neu World T's for this spring, but would love some sooner than that too.) Anyway, that about does it for me. See you all inside.

Syl

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello,
I am 36 years old and I am french. I am passionate about scorpions since 20 years and I keep some species (mainly desertic Buthidés).
My English is not very good that's why I won't be able to write a lot. I'm sorry for that.
I am happy to be here. :)
Sincerely

Freves

Arachnopeon
Hello. My name is Chip and I have been lurking around this site for about a month or so. I have been keeping herps, fish, and to a lesser extent invertebrates for most of my 40 years. My current major interest is with certain asian caudates however I have a few geckos and fish as well. I have a fair amount of experience keeping tarantulas however they have never been a major focus for me. I had a B. smithi for over 20 years and have raised various species of Grammostola, Poecilotheria, Acantoscurria, and Xenethis from slings in the past. My last girlfriend of nearly nine years was a true arachnophobe so I always ended up giving the animals away once they got some size on them. I have never attempted to breed any tarantula species. An arachnophobic girlfriend is no longer an issue now however so I have decided to take the plunge and pickup a small sampling of various species. I currently have one Cyclosternum fasciatum (pet store purchase) and various other individuals on order (Iomachus politus, Ceratogyrus bechuanicus, Paraphysa scrofa, and Cyriocosmus elegans). I must say that I am impressed at how much the hobby has grown since I last checked in, especially with the number of available species as well as available information. Sorry for the lengthy intro. I hope to learn a lot from this site.
Chip

ck400d

Arachnopeon
hello to all, name is chris from the uk,into snakes for years now,how last year(seems alike only a month ago lol) i got my first T, and said to the wife " ONLY THE ONE T"
yer right

anyway off to look through this big site,hopefully chat soon
chris

Mr. Quick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello All.

I am a newbie here. I am interested in scorpions. I really grew interested in scorps as pets, probably back in December 2000 or 2001. A few years back, I bought all of my supplies (aquarium, substrate, peat moss seed planters to use as hides, water dish, therm and humidity gauge, timer), etc.

Pretty much the only things I didn't purchase because I was undecided on at the time were a lid, and the heating/light source...Oh and the Scorp(s) of course.

The reason I don't own scorp(s) yet is because I live with my parents, and although I am an adult, SCORPS are a no-no. My mother hates the idea and doesn't even won't to see the literature I have to show her so she knows that quite the contrary, that all scorps are not "deadly". Many people who don't know about scorps figure that all have strong venom and can kill you.

Anyway, here I am guys. I look forward to finding out more info.

P.S. I looked at every page of the scorp enclosure pics. WOW! I am impressed!

bluefish

Arachnopeon
Hello folks, New to the boards.

I own a single Mature G. Rosea, and was pointed this way by my venomous reptile friends in TX.

I'm from Michigan, but live in AZ now.

icennaAAFE

Arachnopeon
hey yall

just stumbled across this site in search of T lovers, animals lovers of any kind, scorpion lovers... Looking for people/friends that share common interests. just getting strongly into the hobby of T's myself. although i've always had one growing up just last year my interests on T's expanded. There's just so many of them and I want them all. lol! Now i'm getting into scorpions. I want all them too. It's so darn exciting. yay!

Higgi

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

My name is Mark Higgins or Higgi for short.

I had a Chilean Rose and a Mexican Red Knee over ten years ago as well as other snakes and various reptiles, now I only have a Veiled Chameleon (the Wife has a hamster).

I was in my LPS about two weeks ago getting food for my Cham, when the guy showed me this...
I couldn't resist, now she is living at my house and I'm in the process of building her a new home.
And after seeing some of the pics on this forum I think I may need to clear some space for more {D

Attachments

Arachnomore

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Am

Hi all,

My name is Mark Higgins or Higgi for short.

I had a Chilean Rose and a Mexican Red Knee over ten years ago as well as other snakes and various reptiles, now I only have a Veiled Chameleon (the Wife has a hamster).

I was in my LPS about two weeks ago getting food for my Cham, when the guy showed me this...
I couldn't resist, now she is living at my house and I'm in the process of building her a new home.
And after seeing some of the pics on this forum I think I may need to clear some space for more {D
Am I the only one who notices the nice big smiley on this T's butt?

BronzeBackedBud

Arachnopeon
pretty little fuzzy friend

Hi, My name is Duncan and im an alcoholic. Wait wrong board. Arachni-finatic.
I'm a recovering arachniphobe. I recieved my first g. rosea just recently and now i'm addicted. Still a little reluctant to handle, so I'm open to any advise.
I hope to have a couple of T pics up eventually. Can't wait to show off his/her coloration and that beautiful shining thorax.

samsbugs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sam of Samsbugs

I've had a lifelong love affair with reptiles but have only been doing spiders for seven years. So far I have roughly 60 different species with a lot of them expecting egg cases. I'm always interested in adding something new and especially colorful to my collection. I buy, sell, trade and do breeder loans to help build my collection and help others do the same.
As well as driving the wife buggy with my bugs I also have a nice collection of uromastyx, rattlesnakes, random native snakes, tortoises, leopard geckos, frogs, two PITA dogs, and a handful of cats that are around here somewhere, oh and I can't forget my African Grey who is addicted to banana chips.
My wife has three diamond back terrapins, a pair of lovebirds, a breeding collection of button quails, and two rats. And that's just what we can remember without taking inventory. Our friends think we're nuts and we know we are but my kids think it's great living in a zoo.

Last edited:

GrammostolaGuy

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! I'm Jacob, and I've been keeping reptiles and now inverts for several years now. I'm 16, and live in California. My inverts are a sub-adult Chilean Rose female, and an adult female Emperor Scorpion. Hopefully I will soon be branching out into more tarantulas as well, after I rearrange my snakes. Anyways, I'm just glad I'm here to be able to ask questions and learn new things!