Introduce Yourself

texag02

Arachnopeon
Howdy

Hi everyone. I'm new here but I've been reading the hell out of this forum in preparation for my first T purchase (plural maybe?).

ChondroGirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi! I'm new to Arachnoboards...

Hello all!
I have enjoyed reading up on a variety of tarantula issues. I have several tarantulas, but am gaining more as we speak. I mainly have Brachypelmas, Grammostolas, Aphonopelmas, Citharischious, and Lasiodoras. I also enjoy snakes and have several very friendly green tree pythons and gray banded kingsnakes. As far as other hobbies, I enjoy playing guitar, drums, and piano, and riding bicycles.

HexiBabe

Arachnopeon
Well I'm jessica, I have had a horde of Arizona Blonde tarantulas for a few years, but I moved and couldnt take them with me. Well I ran across a Rose Haired t that is in need of a home and I want to get as much info on them as soon as I can. It is going into molt and the people have no clue how to care for it so yeah.. that is why I'm here, to learn.

Deanomavro

Arachnopeon
Hi All

Hi I'm Deano, live in Manchester England and have just recently purchased a sub adult goliath pink toe... had her about a month now. looking forward to becoming part of the community and will no doubt need the excellent help and info I've already sampled from this site. smell ya all soon... Deano.:rolleyes:

Demeter

Arachnopeon
Hello From Connecticut

Wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself to the many who call this site "home". I look forward to learning more about the hobby and sharing my experiences as well.

Lets see.. some quick info... Im 35, a single mom of a "tween", own a candle (making and selling) business. I have a degree in history ( which my brother calls the "catch-all" degree) with a focus on ancient civilizations. I have travelled the country showing Quarter Horses but am taking some time off due to illness, and of course have a fascination for Tarantulas that my friends find unattractive.

Nice to meet you all !!

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi everyone! I'm a recovering arachnophobic, soon to be an arachnoholic, i suppose...
I don't currently own any tarantulas, yet... I have two cellar spiders that I keep as pets, and am totally fascinated by them. I took the first one in to help me get over my fear of spiders... then i caught the second one, and am totally amazed at the differences between the two, even of the same species... they are absolutely gorgeous! Anyways, now I'm researching and considering my first tarantula... I'm leaning towards B. smithi right now, because I know where I can get them locally, and they seem like good beginner Ts. I really like the cobalt blue's, but they don't seem as good for beginners, and whats the point of having one that I'd never get to see? Whatever I decide, I want it to be terrestrial, not arboreal, because i don't have a clue on where to start for a habitat... Anyways, that's about it for now, looking forward to learning a lot here!

ttula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi! i am new

Hi, I am new here, I'm from Massachusetts, I've had Ts for only about 6 years and started reading this forum to try to get as much information as I can about them. I recently got an iridopelma hirsuta spiderling and and searching for more info about them, so if anyone has any useful info I should know about i. hirsuta, please let me know! :)

webstor

Arachnopeon
hiya

hi everyone im new aswell lol ive been interested in all pets all my life and spent hours researching every pet i have had which is almost everything from rabbits to burmese pythons ive kept tarantulas for around 5 years now and im about to attempt haplopelma lividum breeding(cobalt blue) whitch im not sure will happen as my female is the dark colour form and there giants and my baby is a real monster at 15cm and nasty too so i think my tiny male might end up as lunch i do have a pic of her and will have it as my display pic wen i can get it on
all the best to every one ;P :eek: ;P :eek: ;P :eek: ;P :eek: ;P :eek:

Sandman

Arachnopeon
Fng

Greetings,

I have always had a fascination with creepy crawlers since childhood. I remember catching ants and various other small insects and throwing them onto grass spider webs that lived in the hedges.
I have had the same rose hair for 8 years now and also have a Mai Chau centipede, cobalt blue tarantula and wild black widow. I plan on acquiring a king baboon in the near future too.
BTW..if anyone can tell me how to get a golden orb spider that would be helpful. I have not seen them wild in Colorado.

aredhel3

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I live in Indiana, and this is my first time posting. I am not even sure if I am posting in the right place or the correct way. (if it's wrong will someone please let me know.)
Well I am new to this culture of tarantulas as pets, and I am looking to get one soon. I think this sight will help a lot in making wise decisions!

aredhel3

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I love learning about arachnids, reptiles, and insects. I have never owned a tarantula, but I am looking to make my first purchase soon. I think this sight has a lot of helpful information and kind people. I am excited to begin discussing tarantulas with you all.

Leetplayer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello.

Hello there, after browsing this forum for quite a time I figure I should join this forum.

I'm 17, from Malaysia(Penang). Currently having few species such as Cyriopagopus sp. blue, P. murinus, P. lugardi, H. lividum, Chilobrachys. sp Penang, Chilobrachys andersoni, O. aureotibialis and of course a few new world species such as B. boehmei, A. seemani, G. rosea, and N. chromatus. And also Liphistius desultor;P .

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Howdy

Well, I have several tarantulas, and have been increasing my "herd" at a pretty steady rate. I am mainly into the african baboon species of tarantulas, mainly because I find them to be very attractive and they don't have urticating hair. However, there are mainy new world species I do like, and have. I joined up on Arachnoboards to find more information from more indiduals pertaining to more species! Outside of tarantulas, a have a love for snakes, and have several as pets. As far as other hobbies, I enjoy playing music and riding bikes.

ALberto1444

Arachnopeon
Hello Aranchnoboards,
I'm ALbert, I love bugs. I tend to rescue them from harms way. I wish poeple would let them be. In Mexico they lie Whip scorpions r poisonous. Hope to make many many friends. Want to raise garden Mantids that r left to die in the cold.
ALberto1444

ALberto1444

Arachnopeon
Very Good LeddPLayer. Ever raise butterfly Larvae. If you film one coming out of shell (e-closing). Write me. Thanks.

ALberto1444

TheDro

Arachnopeon
hi my names Alex
i came across this page after i was looking for information on my spider that i have had for just over a year.
U C i found my spider up side down and thought it was dead, after some research on ur site i realized it was in fact molting. if was quit an experience for me as it was the first time i seen something like that, it looked like something out of Alien. it gave me a whole knew appreciation for my spider.

Georgf

Arachnopeon
Greetings

Hi I am Georg.

New here and new to the world of Tarantulas.
I live in South Africa and own 5 different spiders.

I am hoping to learn many new things here and make friends with some nice people who also share the same passion that I do.

Marbar

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Marlene (northswan04 on atshq)...

I'm located in NorCal.. I visit this board a lot to read the bite reports so I figured I should finally get around to joining :)

Marlene

GootyGuy

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone

I lurk on these boards enough i figured i might as well join. Im all about Tarantulas.

Spidersforlife

Arachnopeon
New to board

Hi,

The name is Kalin Willis i am a spider fanatic who until recently was unable to afford or was allowed to keep any pets. Now that i am begining my collections i wish to find suppliers and mentor from which to gain knowledge and new inverts. Have great love for all inverts just need to find more.

Currently I am loking for a Red Trapdoor spider Gorgyrella species to add to my budding collection of inverts. Soon will start catching and breeding Striped Bark Scorpion (Centruroides vittatus), Trans-Pecos Scorpion (Diplocentrus lindo), Big Bend Scorpion (Diplocentrus whitei), and other west texas scorpions and spider species.