Introduce Yourself

daddyzak713

Arachnopeon
Hello!!

I've just joined arachnoboards and thought I'd say hello! I'm just now starting to learn about arachnids as I'm now the proud owner of a chilean rose hair tarantula. So, any advice would be hot!:clap:

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greetings - I'm Choo. I keep anything I can get my hands on. And being in Northern Ireland that's not much. Hissers, land snails, the odd crab. Not especially fascinating selection I'm sure you will agree. However I decided to stop me dying from boredom I had to breed all the typical feeders and so I do.
tenibrio molitar and zoophobas morio... cute little things arent they? I breed dermestid beetles because I love those creatures very very much indeed. Locusts, had mantids, millipedes and my enormous wooldouse colony.
So yeah...
Nothing exotic.
But I will have my way... eventually...

Ruan

Arachnopeon
Hi there

My name is Ruan from Centurion. Newly into tarantulas but have kept baboon spiders for about 10 years already.

ArachnidArmy

Arachnopeon
Hello!

G'day everyone my name is Trevor. I'm 30, work in the arts industry and I have a life long passion for all creepy crawlies especially spiders and more recently centipedes. I own two Australian Whistling Spiders (selenocosmia stirlingi) named Coco and Minnie and one Giant Centipede (ethmostigmus rubripes) named Saffy who absolutely fascinates the hell out of me. My other favourite animal is the Giant Squid. :D

Last edited:

jplelito

Arachnopeon
Hello All,
Jon here - just posting up on the Intro forum to say hi!

I'm an entomologist, and I finally branched out from insects to myriapod pets - got a batch of baby Alipes. :)

MadTitan

Arachnopeon
Long time irregular lurker, first time poster

I'm sure no one's ever used that title before...

Hi!

I want to make a few posts, so I guess I better introduce myself. I like tarantulas, centipedes, scorpids and long walks on the beach. No one's every used that line before either. I did it first. Moving on then...

Through a long and boring series of happenstance, I came to use my favorite super villian as an online namesake. I still know people in real life who refer to me as Thanos, instead of my real name. Those of you who don't read comics may have to do a little google-ing

ASL?

The important stuff: I have been interested in wildlife in general, and arthropods in particular for as long as I can remember. Arachnids scare me, so, of course, I keep several. It makes sense. No, really!

My current collection, in order of acquisition;

Angry Pat: Grammastola rosea, sex unknown, probably female, 5"
Mongo: Lasiodora Parahybana, unsexed, 7"
Vicky: Avicularia avicularia, female, 5"
Agent Smithi: Brachypelma smithi, recently mature male, 5"
George: Brachypelma smithi, recently mature male, 5"
Emily: Brachypelma emilia, unsexed, presumed female, 4"
Vern: Avicularia versicolor, unsexed, 3"
and Cyrus: Cyriopagopus sp. known as "Singapore blue", unsexed but looking blue under bright light, 2.5"

Debbie: "It? You don't know if it's a boy or a girl?"
Martin: "I respect it's privacy."

I have had the eldest for about 8 years, I think. The newest arrived just 5 months ago and are growing as fast as, well, not weeds, but perhaps as fast as a well tended vegetable garden. I also have colony of several hundred Gromphadorhina portentosa, that I haven't bothered naming, which do grow as fast as weeds, and to which I have developed an allergic reaction.

I split my time between Tacoma and Bellevue, mostly, and am hoping to meet some of you at the Northwest Captive Breeders Expo.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=104691

Enough for now. Tusen takk!

Quincy Spider

Arachnopeon
Hi, first post. Orb spider in living room.

Hi, all.

This board came up at the top of a Web search for spider exert hobbyists. (Congrats!)

How would you keep an orb spider over the winter in Boston? A large orb spider kept the plants on the balcony free of pests this summer.

The spider's body is larger than the nail of my smallest finger. Legs fully extended -- she/it easily spans the bowl of a teaspoon. She/it is tiger-striped, yellow and black.

I brought the spider inside, to prevent it/her freezing during the night. I put the spider in with the guinea pigs, but the arachnid crawled out and spun a two-foot-wide web (with the anchoring lines, four feet).

There are two, maybe three, flies in the whole apartment. What would you do with this spider?

Many thanks,
and have a great weekend.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello there, everyone.

My name is Omar, but just about everyone calls me Gomer, so that's what I pretty much go by nowadays. I'm 25, married, and living in So. Cal.

I was a really into hamsters as a youngster and haven't had a pet since I was 13 (when my last hamster died). I was thinking of getting a hamster recently, but then I remembered how much a room with one would stink, so I opted to go the reptile/invert way instead.

I've been doing some research for a few weeks now and bought myself a Chilean Rose on Monday night. She's a bit nervous, it seems, but a beauty. Anyway, a lot of the web sites I was reading mentioned Arachnoboards as a great community for information on Ts, so I thought I'd join. I'll probably be more of a lurker than a contributor, though.

crazy4tat2s

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi T Lovers

I'm new to the hobby but I know I'm hooked. I have 4 Ts and An emp already and am expecting 2 more Ts to arrive next week.
Here are some of the kids.
My Mexican Red Knee View attachment 65949

My pinktoe first day home View attachment 65951

This is the same one after one molt View attachment 65952

My OBT I got this one given to me the guy that got me interested in tarantulas was afraid of it so he gave it to me. View attachment 65953 I have much respect for this one.

Here is my Emp. I love the way they move. View attachment 65954

I also have a Rose hair no picture yet. Like I said I'm new so please forgive using common names, i'll get better as time goes on. anyway you all will see me around and will get tired of me picking your brains.
Later, Barry

Last edited:

profsx

Arachnopeon
Glad to be here

Hello All! Iam Xavy, thought I should finally post and say "Hi" Ive really enjoyed My time on the boards fo far.. lots of great info and advice. I have had tarantulas for about 3 years now, and will continue to have for many many more :) Well just a bit about Me, Iam 30 yrs old, and iam a mason "brick,block,stone" yep I do it all :) and offcourse into Tss, and offcourse always looking to expand my collection! :) Well Id say thats enough of Me rambling for now.. See Ya on the boards!

Xavy

screamineagle

Arachnopeon
Total Beginner

Hi, my name is craig and i live in stoke on trent in england.ive only just bought a pair of curly hairs babies to grow them on as if my wife were to see a full grown tarantula then,well lets say it wouldnt be pretty.:wall: guess some women still dont like them.i had to buy them as babies so i could hide em from her.still i wont gabble on but to say hi,regards craig

dobson

Arachnopeon
Hi there all and hope your ok !!! im new to this as i have just purchased a new baby for the family. I have Anubis a young Emperor Scorp who is just settling in at home. I also keep x3 Mantis and am very excited about my new friend. It was also great telling my ex wife and being told i am so irresponsible for purchasing such a fiendish creature. I do have a question if any one can help - i live in Milton Keynes in England and am Glad to meet you... Al the best simon.

Mockingbuddha

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Paul

I am about to start teaching a second grade class tomorrow, and today I found a jumping spider and thought I'd take it with me as a class pet. I've been reading online to get info, but one thing I can not find out is how to tell a male from a female. If anyone knows, let me know. I've only had the spider for about four hours, but I already think "he's" awesome. I'm pretty sure hes a Phidippus audax, and I've named him Achilles. I want to know if I have to rename him if he's a her. Thanks. This seems like a cool board.

Zero_

Arachnopeon
I am Steph, I am 18, from the UK, I have been looking at the boards for a while, but decided to register today as I 'accidently' bought 2 more spiders...
First came the snakes, then the scorpions (well I onlt have the scorpions for a month or so now), and now I have 3 spideys
Oooh I looked after some house spiders for a while, they erm layed(?) some egg sacks, the babies hatched and I released them all into the garden.
I blame my boyfriend, if it wasn't for him having a birthday I wouldn't have seen those little things!

tigger_my_T.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi my name is chels im 12
I just got my first T. sat.{D im on here because i would like to know what other t. people are doing i have a chaco golden stripe named tigger he is only about a inch big.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Howdy!

Hellooo, I'm Alexis and I've never owned a tarantula before, although I have been wanting one for a long, long time. I'm hoping to get a eupalaestrus campestratus (PZB) soon, my pet store has to order it for me. That actually worries me a little bit...Anyhow, it's nice to be here!

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello everybody...I am in western Canada and this looks llike the site for great info and community. I look forward to meeting fellow tarantula/emperor scorpion (and others) enthusiasts to share knowledge etc.

Mongoose

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say hi. I just joined. I currently don't have any Arach's but joined here to find out a bit before I get my first one.

I am married with 2 kids (10 and 6). I have a dog, 2 cats, a river tank with turtles, and a fish tank with a much of fish.

Ready soon for my first T.

Aphrodite

Arachnopeon
Well to start, my name is Lux. An old friend :4: opened my eyes to the facination of Tarantulas and what can I say....I have been hooked ever since....:?