Introduce Yourself

sogel

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Sogel from Malaysia. Nothing much to talk about, and a bit shy even to type to talk about something. Other than being new to the tarantula community, i really hope to learn more from u guys and have as many species as i can that im interest. Ofcourse keeping them well and being a good collector. So if there's anything u wanna share then hit me up, i'll try to respond as much as i can. Thanks

Chevron

Arachnopeon
Hello,
My name is Tam
I joined the forum to share info on tarantulas and meet people with the same interests.
I only keep some new worlds and praying mantises, due to sharing my house with little nosey people with sticky fingers, so cant keep the more dangerous types.

Auntie Spinner

Arachnopeon
Greeting everyone!
The name's Maria but you may call me Auntie ;)
I'm a veterinary ethlogist whith an interest in invertebrates, I decided to join this forum to learn more about the hobby before I get into it. I also like to draw and paint, so you may see some invert art from me in the future :D

P.S: I'm sorry if my english is bad, it's not my first language :x

Cafox74

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, my name is Nikki. I decided to join this forum because I decided to adopt a Jumping Spider. I have always been interested in spiders and I now love to take Macro shots of spiders so I decided to keep one.

Astron

Arachnopeon
Hello there!

I'm fairly new to the hobby but have been fascinated for a long time, luckily I'm now in a position to start keeping T's and have already found myself with:
  • A G.pulchra juvie
  • A (newly reclassified) T.albopilosum
  • A B.boehmei sling
  • And a not-a-T Phidipus regius
Really looking forward to seeing how they all develop and to expanding on the collection! Was recommended by a friend to get on here and have a look around, and from everything I've seen here so far I'm really glad I have :D

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
I'm a new member but I'm thoroughly enjoying my time here. I went looking for a place like this because with arachnophobia being very common, it's difficult to find engaging discussions about inverts and even more difficult to find people who share the passion.
I'm a 23 year old male named Tim from washington state. I was terrified of spiders as a kid until I was accidentally exposed to a tarantula and for some reason the fear dissolved into fascination. Ever since then I have loved them. I'm still pretty new to the hobby of actually keeping Ts but I'm loving getting to soak up all this information and input from so many other enthusiasts.

Danu

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Danu and I just recently got my first ever invert, a tailless whip. I've read thru some of these forums before but only just decided to sign up. I'm interested in all insects but spiders are some of my favorites. my other interests are baking, dead stuff (i have a small bone collection which i would love to talk about, i also collect and pin dead bugs), games (mostly creative/sandbox/farming games cuz im lame), and living things too! hope to get into biology or ecology when i can one day go to college lol.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Welcome aboard fellow enthusiasts! Enjoy your time here, and don't forget to ask questions if ya need to :).

Thanks,

Arthroverts

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Hello everyone, my name is April, I do not keep june bugs, lol. We are a small household, with me, my 11 year old son, and his father. I found this forum 2 years ago when we bought our AFS, and the info I found here seemed to be the most reliable. When I had learned everything I thought I needed to about ASFs I kinda started reading about Ts but initially I found them to be too overwhelming at the time. Fast forward to a month ago, when I needed to do something about my overgrown Madagascar Hissing cockroaches colony, I put some of them up for free on CL, and someone offered me a B. Albo (T. Albo now). Well that one didn't end up working out, but I was like, wait a minute, I can do that? These things that have been reproducing in my living room can be traded for other critters??? We then got our first T, a juvenile (subadult?) LP, a week and a half ago. I did not know until recently that I need many of theses amazing creatures in my life :)
For the last month I have been reading and reading and learning all kinds of things I didn't know I could find here, it's been quite an entertaining experience. I especially love learning from other people's mistakes, and I hope to someday be able to help with advice and share my experiences to hopefully help others newbies like myself.
I think that's about it for now, I'm so happy ro be a part of this community!

spidercurator

Arachnopeon
Good day all,

Long time reptile hobbyist taking the plunge into arachnids! Look forward in learning from this great community.

DrGilman

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,
I'm Matt and I am new to the hobby. These forums have been such a great resource. I spent days reading over all of the information in here and reading THe Tarantula Keeper's Guide before getting my T's. I currently have an adult A. chalcodes that I am pretty sure is male and an A. avicularia sling. I'm obsessed but my wife is funny about me having more than two. I explained that I needed a terrestrial and an arboreal so next I think I will use the excuse that I need an old world. I will post photos of my setups soon as I would love any advice you all my have. You all have already been an incredible resource and I cannot express my thanks.

JessicaAFM

Arachnopeon
My name is Jessica. I just got my first tarantula sling, Tliltocatl albopilosum . I am new to tarantulas but not exoctics. I have been researching for the last year and finally dove in (after my hubby finally caved in about getting a creepy spider lol). I have used the forums as they popped up on web searches but I figured now that I officially have a tarantula I would join.

polarbeard

Arachnopeon
Name is Cameron and I’m in Oklahoma. New to the forum. I have kept tarantulas and scorpions in the past. I am currently starting to get back into the hobby and figured this was the best place to start.

Poecilotherion33

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Well, hi!!! My name is Diego, I´m 33 and I´m from Mexico. Currently I maintain a total of 60 tarantulas of different species (both NW and OW). I hope to learn a lot from you guys and to be able to contribute to this community!!!

Regards!!

ColRolo

Arachnopeon
Hi My name is Colin am from Liverpool in the UK.
Had a Tarantula for a year now getting more this summer.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Hello everyone. I'm new here to the forum and to inverts and arachnids in general.
I live in Birmingham, Alabama and I'm 50.
I started at the young age of 7 with my first aquarium. At 14 I began keeping reptiles, mostly lizards. About 10 years ago I began keeping dart frogs.
I attended EIU and double majored in Zoology and Environmental Biology.
Over the years I've had my share of success and failure. I've been lucky enough to keep and breed dozens of species of Cichlids, Chameleons, Geckos, Bearded Dragons and other lizards and about 20 different species and locales of Dart Frogs.
I'm looking forward to sinking me teeth into T's and absorbing all the knowledge this forum has to offer.
Feel free to say hi.

RADHouse

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Anthony and I am joining from the Front Range in Colorado. I have been keeping reptiles and amphibians for years but recently got into invertebrates. I have just as long had isopods for my bioactive enclosures, but recently start colonies of more fancy types. I have always had respect for spiders and the role they play, especially in my home. I never considered keeping tarantulas as they were drab in my head. It wasn't until a local reptile shop worker and YouTube contributors corrected my very wrong opinion that I started to consider adding some. After months of second guessing the choice, I wasn't sure I wanted to push my wife further as wel already live in a bit of a zoo, and research I decided to take the plunge. I fell in love with C. versicolor, but of course I ended up with a few freebies as well. After a short period of testing the waters I decided I needed a black tarantula. There was a "Brazilian black" at my local shop but they also had some C. cyaneopubescens slings. I could not decide so I decided to place another order online. Very shortly after a local hobbiest placed some T. violaceus for sale and I certainly couldn't turn those down. So here we are, interest in one species has quickly burgeoned into a small collection of slings and juveniles. I have no regrets, but I am still not entirely sure how the wife feels about it.

timROYGBP

Arachnopeon
9A3CBF4C-D2F5-4D06-B580-56D47DCD4AFF.jpeg 89FF4FD5-E909-4C2A-8BA9-10412DE0DDD2.jpeg Hi All,

Hope this is the correct place for an introduction. Don’t know why but I find forums a minefield.

I am Tim, Manchester Uk

I have not kept arachnids for over 10 years and have jumped back in with a Goliath Birdeater. In a bio active tank.

I have many questions which I will be hunting down over the platform. But for now hi.

Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team

ZitoDragon

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Zito. I'm studying to be a forensic DNA analyst and entomologist. I keep a lot of exotics and just got my first T, a Brachypelma smithi. I'm hooked!