Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome To Arachnoboards' started by Arachnoboards, May 16, 2005.

1. Pud80

Pud80 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hey I'm Noel from the UK. Just researching the jumping spider. Been watching a lot on them on the tubes of you. Watched a lot of a Croatian guy, channel called the dark den. I can sit and watch that all day. Just on here for some advice and tips before committing to buy one. I had a scorpion for around 12 months. But never kept a spider. I've got a huge 40 gallon corner unit fish tank I'm not using. So thinking of this for the jumping spider habitat.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

I am Dave and have a huge love for horror movies, invertebrates, and reptiles. I have had a small collection before and am now returning back to hobby of one my first loves in life. In my youth I would catch just about anything I can find, bull snakes, horned lizards, alligator lizards, S.polymorphas, wolf spiders, scorpions, and black widows. I no longer have that open space available to me anymore and content anyways to buy or shop online for my pets which offers a much greater variety of exotic species, preferably captive bred.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Okinan

Okinan Arachnopeon

USA
    Hi, I like spiders.
    They're really cute.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tuisto

Tuisto Arachnosquire Active Member

AR
    Hello im Tuisto.
    Looking forward to getting closer to this knowledgeable and seasoned community as a I dwell deeper into the hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hi, I'm josh I currently own a G. Quirogai, B. Verdezi. and B. Vagans slings. As well as my E. Uatuman male I dubbed Norman. Dream species right now would be A. Chalchodes and P. Metallica, I've also given some thought to the asian forest scorpions.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shadow89

Shadow89 Arachnopeon

Hi I’m Shadow (I don’t like giving out my real name) and I recently got my first T (juvie B.vagans) from a local pet store who knows a lot about exotic pets. I joined this forum cuz Ik I’ll have a lot of questions about T’s in the future, as well as to post pics of them

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sami

Sami Arachnopeon

Hello.
    I'm Sam. Been looking through this forum for a while, and it helped me raise my Avic Versicolor from a sling over the last 5 years. I had a N. Chromatus and a A. Chalcodes, until they both hooked out and died after a few years
    I recently inherited (what I think is) a P. Regalis(?) Not a T I ever really intended to have, (not a fan of the fast or particularly toxic) but I've got it now and plan to care for it well.
    I'm here posting because I just picked up four more, and am super excited about them.
    G. Pulchra (or G. Quirogai maybe, read a lot of debatable things about this recently)
    B. Boehemei
    A. Seemanni
    A. Avic
    I'm hoping I can get some advice on these, as soon as I figure out how to make a post! So, yay. Thank you to this forum, and this hobby, for existing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Axolotl

Axolotl Arachnopeon

Hello. I'm Chandra, aka Axolotl. I'm pretty new here, but I've been active on roachforum for quite awhile. Now that my interest in arachnids is officially more than a passing fancy, I thought I'd stop lurking and start contributing. I currently have 100+ species of invertebrates, everything from roaches and beetles to arachnids and myriapods. I recently had my first clutch of H. spinifer 'plings, and now I'm hooked. Can't wait to get into breeding more arachnids. Looking forward to joining the community.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mono peludo

Mono peludo Arachnopeon

Hello everyone, I am Juan José, I live in Spain, city of Malaga, I am 26 years old and I like almost all types of insects, I have not been in the hobby for a long time, but I am willing To learn all I can, I have various types of insects, plasmids and isopods. Greetings.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi friends ;

Some probably already know me and others do not.

I live in Belgium and I maintain many reptiles and tarantulas (see my list).

I am 55 years old and I have fallen in the terrarium since 1998, a long time already lol

That's it, I'll see you soon, well and I would like to join ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Loxstar

Loxstar Arachnopeon

Hi,
    New to the forum, and proud new owner of 2 C. cyaneopubescens slings and an H. villosella sling, as of this morning. All courtesy of Fear Not Tarantulas! Great first experience with them as a rookie to the hobby, and will definitely do business with them again in the near future! My family and I were forced to get rid of our black eyed leucistic ball python last week, and we were pretty devastated by it. Starting this collection has helped ease the pain of losing a snake I raised from a month old. Excited to grow my collection and meet new people!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jororo

Jororo Arachnopeon

Hi I'm Josh! I've been a lurker in these boards for a while now and have always wanted to jump in the conversation but felt like too much of a nobody to even begin to. So I figured it's about time I actually make a presence on here seeing that Facebook is trash.
    I'll be around. Lurking even moreo_O

• Like Like x 2
  13. KikiKraken

KikiKraken Arachnopeon

Hi all I'm Caiti. Long time lurker finally getting everything together and making an account! 24, female, Ohio native.

I love talking about Inverts so please feel free to chat me. I'm still getting use to everything so don't be afraid to help me out when I don't know how to do something.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hello, my name is Shaina and my first spider is a wild caught Platycryptus undatus. He is missing a leg, and I am a sucker for animals that are struggling

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pyroxian

Pyroxian Arachnopeon

Hi. I'm pyro, long time lurker, finally getting around to creating an account. I don't currently own any inverts but since my teen son convinced me to let him add his first OW and his first arboreal (1.5" dls P. metallica, after 9 years with various NW terrestrials) , I'm likely to have some questions - not least because I'm so fascinated with that little pokie (and my boy's so tired of me spending time in his room watching it) that I'm almost certain I'll be joining the hobby myself!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Faeriedragon

Faeriedragon Arachnopeon

UK
    Hi, I’m Sarah, I’ve just recently got back into inverts I used to have wild caught inverts and kept them as a kid but I ended up getting more into mammals (mainly due to everyone else being scared of anything else)
    I’ve recently got 2 Phidippus regius jumplings (I get them next week) and would love to get into jumping spiders and have several species they are so cute. I also really like Dwarf T’s but I wanted to research more before I got any. So possibly next year I wanna see how my cats are with the jumpers.

Besides that I’m currently owned by my bengals Noctis (Early Gen kitten) and Arya and I’ve had hybrid history cats for around 20 years now so I can safely say I know a bit. Also have my elderly Chihuahua Maiko.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello all!

I just got my very first sling this weekend at a reptile show and I'm super excited to learn all about them ! He or She is a Brachypelma Vagans .

Thinking about making him Bilbo Vagans but still working on the name , if it's a girl then maybe Madam Zeroni from the movie Holes cause he's a terrestrial lol

Cheers all !
    bangaraang

Attached Files:

18. My Pet Hole

My Pet Hole Arachnopeon

UK
    Hi My name is Adam,
    I'm a tarantula keeper and have been keeping tarantulas on and off for 15 years but I have just come off the back of a long hiatus and I already have 17 tarantulas. I have also started a youtube to document my progress and hopefully educate and entertain. I will leave a link at the bottom if anyone is interested. I used to have an account here a long time ago but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was which is a shame as it had a good standing and a large post count but I guess I'm starting again. Thanks for reading this if you got this far!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dragonfyr

Dragonfyr Arachnopeon

New to the boards but grandmom to my daughter's Chilean Rosehair for the last 6 years. Came on looking for info as he has become lethargic and has not molted for 2 years. Thought perhaps he might be end of life. Presently I am treating for dehydration in tarantula ICU as there is nothing visually wrong with him...just a little lighter than normal and very lethargic.
    Hope to find a bit more information and some support

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. MintyWood826

MintyWood826 Arachnobaron

USA
    It's normal for this species to not move much and to have long periods between molts. Please get it out of the ICU, these are an arid species and ICUs tend to be stuffy deathtraps. If it is dehydrated, its abdomen will be shriveled.

It also may be helpful to start a new thread with pictures. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.