Introduce Yourself

ringocat1

Arachnopeon
I am a new T owner - PZB. I've had the T for just over two weeks. Anyway I'm Ringo. Looking forward in learning more about Ts and the people that keep them. Cheers.

alabamaa

Arachnopeon
Hello there!
My name is Gabrielle,I'm 18 and I'm new to this site.I live currently in Alabama(Roll Tide!) :)I currently don't own any T's but I'm looking forward to learning more about tarantulas in hopes that I can find a perfect
one for myself.Plus meeting new people and finding friends that share my same interests never hurts.:) I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!
Much respect.

Last edited:

semtexx

Arachnopeon
My name is Chad, Im from the Caribbean but have been living in Atlanta, Georgia for 11 years. I am still relatively new to the world of tarantulas but I'm learning more and more everyday. I look forward to making some friends on here and learning more and more about this hobby which I have become so passionate about.

Devin

Arachnopeon
Hi all. I'm new to the hobby and looking to pickup my first T. My son is facinated with tarantulas and I've grown a snall obsession with them as well. We would like to raise a GBB, but all the slings I've found are 0.5 to 0.75 in size. With the cost of $40 to $50 a sling are we biting off more than we can chew? I've read just about every newbie thread on here, but haven't found anything describing how hard it is to raise them that small.

Thanks

IndyArboreals

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, My name is Dale and my wife, Chrissie, and I run our business Indy Arboreals now going on 2 years, we started out mainly breeding and selling quality arboreal snakes but, low and behold I held my first T at a show took one home...and the addiction began. We currently have 2 Chaco's, Togo Star, 2 OBT's, 1 Cobalt, 4 Rose Hairs, 1 P. Regalis and a few others, I'm too lazy to go look, lol...good to be here, I have already found some good info here. We also belong to a couple of T groups on Facebook, U.S. Tarantula Group and Midwest Tarantula Keepers...feel free to join either, we have a good time there as well!!! We're both glad to be here and will learn and help in any way possible!

Sparkplug90

Arachnopeon
New Guy

Hey im Robert,

Just got 10 T's on Sunday, i Am a Biology Major with an Aim towards Entomology.

I received these tarantulas form a Biology teacher that has been raising them for years and could no longer keep them because of moving out of the US to teach.

Check out my profile it has all the T's I have.
I will post pics later so as to get help sexing
I also am breeding Dubai Roaches and Meal Works so once that gets to full function i would be gald to supply anyone with the roach uopon request.

Also i would be happy to let my Ts breed if anyone has some of the more exotic ones like i posses.
Sadly though no stores around here have anyhtoing other then pink toes or rose hairs. SO i cannot get them nearby to breed, instead would have to order online. But breeding with other hobbiest would be great.

Also I am in Clarksville TN. near the Kentucky Boarderline

FoxtheLviola

Arachnosquire
Hi.

Hello, my name is Val. I'm new to this site and I guess new to Ts. I had a G. rosea when I was a kid ad then traded her for a ball python. Did not have any tarantulas for over 10 years. Them about 3 months ago my brother wanted to get an L.p and I decided to get a tarantula as well. And then it just went from there. I got one, then 2 more, then 2 more, and then 2 more....and then 2 more. There are many more that I want. They are seriously addictive. At the moment I have 9 Ts.

L. violaceopes 2 in sling (Fox)
A. versicolor 1.25 in sling (Little Blue)
N. chromatus 1/2 in sling (Echo)
P. irminia 1/2 sling (RIP)
P. cambridgei 1.25 in sling
(3) G. rosea 1(RCF) 4 in, 2 (PCF) 6 in
B. vagans 1.5 in sling
P. ornata 2.5 inch sling

Smeagol57

Arachnopeon
I'm Sam Lasiodora parahybana is my favorite!!! I have 1 male and 2 females. Also a nhandu Chromatus that's tiny.

Spiderkyle

Arachnopeon
New to arachnoboard

Hello everyone, names Kyle. I've been in the hobby for about 5 years now and I don't regret a second of it! I have 4 Ts at the moment, a very big and aggressive a.seemani (yes she acts worse than my h.luvidium) a very docile and gentle rosea, h.lividium and a b.smithi. I did have a pterinochilis sp. (almost looked like lugardi but she passed earlier this year ( she was docile too, even handled her with ease) anyways thanks for all the awesome info and I always look forward to more, cheers all! (you'll probably see some more posts in the future)

Trial

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Simone.

I am 21, live in England and own 2 tarantulas, a avicularia avicularia and a brachypelma smithi. I also occasionally look after my grandmothers grammostola rosea (it's her fault I got into arachnids :happy: ). I also plan on getting a scorpion soon so will probably be using this board for a bit of research!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

KingCam

Arachnopeon
Hello. Pretty new to the keeping of tarantulas, but I have been keeping other invertibrates, reptiles, and amphibians for many many years.

I don't actually have one yet, a great friend of mine is shipping a female Venzuelan Suntiger to me next week. It's only 3" currently. I am very excited to get her!

I keep/breed 11 species of roaches currently, so there will be no shortage of food. XD

Anyway, here I am

I only keep two arachnids currently. A nursery web spider and a tiger centipede (Scolopendra polymorpha)

I may have actually introduced myself in here a year ago when I registered, but I can't remember and there's no way I'm searching through 300 pages of introductions XD

suesferrets

Arachnopeon
hi newbi here

hi there my name is sue my first post ,terrified of spiders but very curious of them .I had this funny looking one on my window the other morning never seen one of these before can anyone spider.jpg identify it for me

Plunketts

Arachnopeon
Hey I'm Amber. I've been in the T hobby for 2 years now. I have 3 tarantulas; 1 female H. lividum, 1 female G. rosea and 1 unsexed P. murinus. I hope to add an L. parahybana and P. ornata to my collection soon.

Alexisd

Arachnopeon
Hey everybody

Hi my name is Alexis my father Tim (tjrd83) has been on here for a while so I figured I should join too. I am very interested in tarantulas. My father and I share our collection we only have 21. I say that I Have 5 tarantulas that I paid for myself but I still share with him but if anyone ask's I say I have 21 Tarantulas. I hope that I learn a lot about tarantulas on this site and hopefully make a lot of new friends.

Gordy90210

Arachnopeon
Hey everybody! Im Gord from Vancouver Canada. I just got my first batch of Ts this past week , had 14 slings(LPs , OBT , Albopilosum , Pulchripes) plus 3 baby emperor scorps shipped to me. Jumping right into the fire. I had a Rosea long ago before the internet to help conquer my arachnophobia , I did a horrible job caring for her so Im basically still a noob. I've been a pet keeper all my life , Im currently into herps and fish. Would like to get another dog someday , and because of the internet over the last 6-7 years.. Im also a cat fan now too! LOL

Anyways , look forward to checking out all the info and pics. Cheers!

PS Go Seahawks and Canucks (though looks like we'll have to wait a bit for a season)

ArachnidMaster

Arachnopeon
hello
my name is Brandon gutierrez and i have been studying arachnids for quite some time now.I own right now a P.impertor and a G.rosea i use to have some C.vittatus and some S.mesaenis but they passed away.

gravelord nito

Arachnopeon
Hi

i am kind of new to this hobby just started a few months ago.

my T's

-b.vagans
-b.smithi
-g.pulchripes
-b.albo
-ggb
-obt
-c.marshalli
-h.incei
-feather leg baboon
-malaysian earthtiger
-p.regalis
-p.irminia
-l.parahybana
-costa rican tiger rump
-H.Hottentota

too many t's for a newbie.. hehehe

arachnofab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice to finally be here. My name is Leeza - I've had a G.rosea for 11 years now and just recently obtained a G. pulchripes (chaco golden). Finally realized there is so much more out there and want to start a serious collection. I've noticed from other members that it really is more than a hobby; more of an addiction. Since I've decided to collect and possibly breed it's been all i've had on my mind and research aVs soon as I'm home from work. I'm currently studying Horticulture with the intent on Interiorscaping. Very nice to have this resource available for ppl like us :D

ovalnegri

Arachnopeon
Hey, greetings from Puerto Rico,

My name is Steven, I'm a graduate student of the UPRM here in the island. I'm planning on studying the tarantulas of Puerto Rico. I did a short class experiment when I was an undergraduate on Cyrtopholis portoricae which involved foraging behaviors. The lack of information of the tarantulas of Puerto Rico basically opened my curiosity and my passion for studying them. I would like to focus on animal behavior but also will see ecology, distribution and diversity. I’m basically going to start learning everything from them now since I want to work with them. Any help would be appreciated and hope everyone is alright.