Introduce Yourself

Stray

Arachnopeon
I joined because I'm really becoming fascinated by T's and I am planning on getting one very soon.

My name is Siobhan, but I go by Stray or Chevy :) I'm 21, in Richmond, VA, USA. I've never been afraid of spiders, per se, but I have never gone out of my way to handle them or associate with them. I love all animals, and I'm shooting for a degree in Zoology and it is my personal belief that the animals people are most afraid of deserve the most respect :)

Aside from my future tarantula, I have 2 cats, a Boxer/Shepherd mix puppy, and 10 Royal/Ball Pythons. Looking forward to talking to everyone!

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Hidey-ho folks. Another Theraposidae lover here :) I'm 19 years old and from croatia, i also like fishing and proggraming!

Arienette

Arachnoknight
My introduction

Ohai!

My name is Jen and im new to Arachnoboards. Ive messed around a bit on a site called Arachnophiles, but not many people there, the boards seem kinda dead.

I'm fairly new to Tarantulas as pets. it began about 2 years ago when i began a job as an entomological researcher. My boss had a nice collection of buggy pets at the time, and thats when i began keeping them myself as well. right now i have Indian Stick Insects, Giant Prickly Stick Insects, Hissing cockroaches, and Sarawak Spiny Stick Insects. When i started here we had one female Haplopelma albostriatum (suuvi) and a female G. Rosea. (Bernadette)

Suuvi died during a molt at the start of the summer, So thats when i started my hunt for a new tarantula. During this time i acquired my own tarantulas as well. Here is the most recent list:

2 L. parahybana spiderlings
2 A. sp. Peru Purple spiderlings
1 B. emilia female (Amelia)
3 G. rosea females (Cecelia, Lilian and Bernadette)
6 G. rosea spiderlings
1 P. scrofa female (Fang)
1 A. Versicolor spiderling (Martinique)

i like taking pictures, so look for them in the picture threads :)

Mordecai

Arachnopeon
I AM MORDECAI. I love insects... Not just arachnids but all types of arthropods. I hike and bring home whatever I find as pets. Northern California. LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

jtenn

Arachnopeon
Hi

Hello everyone. I got the fever and now I can't get spiders off my mind. Currently I am an avid carnivorous plant grower. In a past life I have kept exotic mantis and chameleons. I am currently soaking up all the great knowledge here and I am looking for my first slings. Many miles before I sleep.....many miles before I sleep..

MammothMayhem

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone I am just getting in to keeping tarantulas and I am prob gonna get one this upcoming month or for Christmas. I am also interested in fishing, playing Xbox , and playing sports.

xerxez

Arachnopeon
Hello From Oklahoma

Greetings forum. Joined up here as a first time keeper of a very large wolf spider. Figure to learn both by observing her and reading what others have to say. Always had a lifelong fear and revulsion towards spiders due to an unfortunate childhood experience but already my aversion has been considerably lessened by watching and caring for the she-wolf and through some research. May move toward a tarantula at some point. Anyway, thanks for hosting.

Nanomite

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

My name is Sandra, I'm 23 years old and I live in Wuppertal, Germany :)
I found this board since there are not many good german boards around and I searched for alternatives...
Since I'm kind of a fan of robc (follow him on YT) I finally ended up here.

So, what else to say? I'm a student of Biology and Anglistic (teacher) and I looove animals.
Got 2 cats (Kim and Yankee) and two aqua tanks...
My next big love are T's.

I have
1.1.0 G. rosea
0.1.0 P. irminia
0.0.1 A. avicularia
0.0.1 A. purpurea
0.0.1 A. spec. Guyana North
0.0.1 A. versicolor

and this is not going to be it... there are more following :D :D
Feel free to ask questions... I'm glad to be here... hope you can give me helpful advice :D

Enven Reptiles

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, Im 27 and i reside in Brisbane QLD Australia. Im new to spiders but have quiet a good sized reptile collection which currently consists mainly of pythons from the genus Morelia, Im also into breeding English bull terriers and currently have 3 absolutely fantastic animals, as far as spiders go we are limited in what we can get hold of Tarantula wise but Australia is rich as far as trapdoor spp and funnel webs.

at current arachnid wise i own:
Hadronyche infensa
Euoplus spp
aribantis spp
misgolas spp
homogona spp
Phlogius strenuus & phlogius crassipes
i may also have a Selenotypus spp

Kimb00p

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Sarah, 21, and I live in WA, USA.
I just recently got my first tarantula, a
G. Rosea. :)

Matty9557

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, Im 27 and i reside in Brisbane QLD Australia. Im new to spiders but have quiet a good sized reptile collection which currently consists mainly of pythons from the genus Morelia, Im also into breeding English bull terriers and currently have 3 absolutely fantastic animals, as far as spiders go we are limited in what we can get hold of Tarantula wise but Australia is rich as far as trapdoor spp and funnel webs.

at current arachnid wise i own:
Hadronyche infensa
Euoplus spp
aribantis spp
misgolas spp
homogona spp
Phlogius strenuus & phlogius crassipes
i may also have a Selenotypus spp
Great to see another Aussie member, especially one in the same city ;).

CrowStrickland

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Crow :3 Pretty average T fanatic.
I've had two brachys for a few years, and I've just devoted time and space to invite a few more into my life.
I've done quite a bit of reading up on mating tarantulas lately, and I'm gathering all the materials I need to raise a little brood.
I hope to find a place in the community and share my experiences with other like minded enthusiasts.

This site has helped me with just about every question I've had over the two years I've been in the hobby, and I'm proud to be a member. Thanks for having me!

dinosaur

Arachnopeon
Howdy i'm Patrick. I like bugs and spiders and stuff. I caught a wolf spider today that looked like a tarantula in the pool skimmer. I went hunting for food for her and found a big black ground beetle. So those are the two bugs I have. I'd like to get some cool millipedes.

BTW, I plan to let go the beetle and the spider on Friday.

Ranitomeya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, my name is Michael. I'm interested in a variety of different organisms, but invertebrates are one of the things that I find inexhaustibly interesting.
I've kept and am keeping a variety of things and I greatly enjoy researching their specific habits and observing their unique behaviors.

Solucki

Arachnoknight
Hello all

Hi everybody,

I just want to take the time to introduce myself here. Im jeff and I am new to the arachnid hobby. I live in luling, tx which is about 30 miles from Austin and San Antonio. I had never really taken an interest in spiders as I had fallen victim to the bad rap that media and movies has given them. About 4 months ago, I found a particularly large bold jumping spider. I found it very interesting how it seemed to watch me. I let it go outside, and a few days later he came back(it was meant to be :) I took him, made him a home and began to feed him. I marveled at the beautiful creature that nature had laid before me. I soon came across some T's at a local petstore and now I'm hopelessly ensnare in their web. I now have 2 T's and around several different types of salticids totaling about 10. Sorry if this is too long for an introduction but I'm just happy to be here with fellow arachnid enthusiasts.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tarantulas Love Mrs Haas

Hello all, HUGE - T fan here, just like YOU!!!

Send me a conversation message... Love to talk ab Ts and
Ale new T friends !

CloseCalling

Arachnopeon
New hobbiest

Hello there!
My family, one awesome 4 year old girl, husband and myself, have been looking to getting a family pet.
For the past year, our daughter has been wishing on dandelions for a pet spider.
We have settled on purchasing a tarantula.

Hopefully, this forum will point our family in the right direction on the species to buy for our first tarantula.

jcapicy

Arachnopeon
New to T's not to non-traditional animals

I have always admired spiders, but until recently never considered them as a pet I'd want. Recently however, I started to look into spiders and found that my GF used to have a T (Rose Hair) years ago. So we started looking them up and found a few that we both really admire (visually) and due to my experience with Snake/Lizard/Rat keeping, we started to assemble the materials for a few homes, as it is easier to have a home ready and stable (Temp/Hum) before getting the animal and rushing to do so. Next is the process of deciding on exactly what we are wanting to get.......first! A few years ago I was pretty good friends with JoeS.(Xhexdx) and knew he too was fond of small animals, and even did some back and forth swaps with Rats and what have you. Now I find myself trying to reach him again as I joined the service and lost touch, but that is a bit of a tangent, and in the past. For now, the hunt is on for maybe a GBB, Av.Avicularia, a Cobalt Blue, or possibly an Av. Metallica. Who knows! Can't wait to search for answers (Very familiar with the search function from other hobbyist forums!), as well as to get to know some of you and possibly, in the future, we will help support the hobby itself a bit.

Sincerely,
JCap +1

raleej337

Arachnopeon
Hi, were new to the hobby and excitedly awaiting our first slings we ordered from swiftinverts. I said "we" because it will be me and my 6 y.o. daughter. Having a tarantula is very brand new to us, we have never own a tarantula. Few years back we have some bearded dragons, but due to our frequent moves we gave them out. Currently our house is full of pets owned by my daughter and I am the caregiver. We have one dog - a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, two long haired cats, a Pineapple Green cheek conure, a 20gal nano reef tank and 180gal arowana/bichir tank.
Have been reading posts here and watching some youtube videos as part of my getting to know about tarantulas. Hope to learn a lot from this board and in the future share what I would learn from this hobby with the newbies like me.