Introduce Yourself

Dandizette

Arachnopeon
Greetings, all!

I just came into a beautiful little male (?) A. avicularia by a round about way. At my library, we had an Eric Carle party and brought in lots of critters to show the kids. The fellow who brought in a tarantula for The Very Busy Spider is getting rid of all his tarantulas to 'find a girlfriend'. So, as the resident herp keeper and entomology enthusiast, I ended up with the little guy.

I've named him Bootsy Collins and have happily been reading through the forums and learning a lot. Pleased such a high quality place exists for me to do part of my research into good t. keeping. : )

Kyle85

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

Hello my name is Kyle and I live in eastern nc. I just ordered my first T and I'm going crazy waitin for the little dude....s/he is an A. Versicolor and it's name will be Haze <3!!! Hopefully Haze will be here tomorrow...fingers crossed!

kkmmnn

Arachnopeon
hey all. my name is Tyler and i live in Minnesota. i got into the idea of designing a really cool terrarium for a critter i wanted, and i love spiders. last summer there was a giant real spider that webbed up a corner of my deck, we would toss other bugs in there at night that were attracted to out porch light and the little sucker would come flying out and grab whatever we threw in there, it was a hoot.

decided to get a T and a legit terrarium for the little bugger. ended up getting (saving) a G. rosea from the LPS, it had the dreaded sponge water, super tall tank and everything else bad haha. figured i could provide a better house, so got a custom 7 gal acrylic terrarium, coco sub, a nice hide, a cool background and some desert plants for the tank. 2 plants seemed crowded so now it's just a fake cactus.

anyways, thought i'd introduce as i've been lurking for a while. love all the setups a lot of you guys have. i plan on getting a sling soon and watching it grow. my daughter, who is almost 3, loves watching the T in it's house. not the most exciting critter tbh, just sits on top of the hide all day/night... thing doesn't move for anything haha. next T will be more exciting i think, NW arboreal so i can really have fun customizing the tank

here's a pic of my G. rosea right after she was rehomed. she climbed on top of that hide and hasnt been off it for more then 30 seconds at a time since then

TLDR; howdy everyone, i'm Tyler and my first T is a G. rosea

Attachments

komoda

Arachnopeon
i got my first tarantula today (A Female Chilean Rosehair) probley one of the coolest pet ive had

BoehmeiBabe

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone :) My name is Danielle, I'm 16 years old and I currently reside just east of Calgary AB, Canada. Im new to the hobby, and my first T is a lovely B.boehmei juvi, who completely demolishes the boehmei stereotype and he is only the beginning to what will be and extensive collection.

Gilberator

Arachnosquire
Hey y'all,
My name is Dave and I'm from Portland, CT. I always was very interested in spiders. I had a couple traumatizing events with them as a teen and started to fear them. Then I started watching T videos and realized I was being a baby. I captured a spider from around my house and studied it for awhile. After all that I now own a Brachypelma albopilosum which is 1" and already has a great appetite!!!!! I spend TOO much time on here already and I'm really happy with the people I've talked to on here. Great site keep up the good work!!!!

Treebeard

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I'm an italian breeder of some inverts...
I'm degree in natural science...
I hope to learn a lot from the best global forum of invertebrates!

regards

wphelps

Arachnopeon
Hi , my name is Wallace and I am new to the world of T's. I have been doing some reading and I am waiting on my
enclosure to arrive and then on to getting my 1st T....she will be a Mexican Redknee and she is about 2.5" and the
next is to find a female Green Bottle Blue. I hope that I can learn alot here and make some good friends.

tjrd83

Arachnosquire
My first Post!

Hello everyone. My name is Tim and I'm from northern Illinois. I have to be honest that I have been nothing but a lurker for about two months now and I want to change that even if its a simple "hey thanks for the info" in someones post. This site is awesome and all the regulars seem great so its going to be fun talking to all of you.

RabidWombat

Arachnopeon
New to T's

Hey all, I'm new to T's and will be joining your forum community. I'm located in the east San Diego, CA.

I picked up my first T a little over a week ago at the reptile show out here. I got a euathlus sp blue sling at the recommendation of the seller. It looks like a beautiful species. I am quickly learning that this is an addicting hobby to start up. I've been pouring over youtube videos, posts here and elsewhere, and whatever I can find. I'm astounded by the beauty that can be found with T's. I had no idea. I am really having to restrain myself from picking up a few more.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

RW

Dallas

Arachnopeon
Hello!!!! I am new to this forum but not with tarantulas... I love my Singapore as well as my Green Bottle Blue!!!! But seeing you are not used to teh speed of a Green Bottle, I think that it is a good idea to stick with ones that as a little less skittish as well as more even tempermant. Now the kind that I am talking about are ones like Rose Hairs, or anything that has a scientific name beginning with Grammostola or Brachypelma.... The more colorful tehy are teh more that you do not want them to be your first tarantula. Anther thing that you need to really be aware and weary about is what is known as Old World species as well as New Worlds... Old worlds are venomus to the extent that some wil get sick if bitten and may need medical attention. Old worlds are nice one minute and tehn bipolar the next. New worlds are more prone to kick hairs on their butts before biting to warn you that they are getting aggitated. I hope that this helps a little with your decision. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and good luck finding your 8 legged buddy!!! :)
Dallas

Risky

Arachnosquire
408070_1764319483143_1693823838_900441_1884897682_n.jpg

I was about ready to create my own arthropod forum since I couldn't find a decent one until I stumbled upon this board. I definitely like what I've seen on here so far! Seems like a lot of great info and great people.

My name is Brent and I spend half my time in Vancouver, WA and the other half in Everett, WA. I just recently picked up two female Emperor Scorpions. This is my first time working with scorpions, but in the past I had a lot of experience with herpetology.

Taysha

Arachnosquire
Well guys, I know Im new here and all but to introduce myself I wanted to let everyone know I just started a blog!
http://arachnidgirl.blogspot.com/

Im 18 female college student from the deep south and I've been into arachnids since I was about seven or eight years old. After a few years of being away from the hobby I've recently started my collection again. Its small but it is slowly growing! I've already run into some intresting things and I will be posting about them within the next couple of days. Id love to make some connections here and maybe I could follow some of you guys too!

Taysha

Bloodbird

Arachnopeon
My name is Rose and I picked up my first tarantula, a G. rosea from a reptile show held locally.
After that I fell in love with the hobby. I can definitely see myself housing multiple tarantulas in
the future so I'd better start learning as much as I can lol. This forum was recommended to me
by a breeder.

stussyroyce187

Arachnopeon
Greetings for the Philippines

Hey everyone! Stussy Royce here. Newbie exotic pet hobbyist here from the Philippines!

Smokin Joe

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone. I'm Joe. I kinda fell into the tarantula hobby by accident. I am 45 years old and had been keeping fish for 40 years. About a year ago a friend at work was trying to give away a Chilean Rosehair that his roommate wanted to release. I took her as a gift for my 10yr old son. He was less than thrilled with her, but I was "bitten" so to speak.

Since then, all the fish have been given away and the tanks are now earmarked for future aquisitions. 3 weeks ago my first new addition arrived: an Acanthoscurria geniculata sling about an inch in size. So far, so good. I'm looking forward to seeing the size change when it molts!

I really love this site and look forward to chatting with all of you.

noob5000000

Arachnopeon
I used to really hate spiders and, regrettably, I was a 'kill on sight' type of hater. However, over time, my fear led to research which then led to fascination and a genuine interest. I have learned the error of my ways and I'm actually kind of a fan now. I don't think I'm comfortable enough yet to let a spider of any type crawl on me, but I am okay with being near them, and catching them.

I caught a Grass Spider (Agelenopsis of some type, not sure exactly which species) in my yard. Its leg span is about 1.5", which is pretty big for this area from what I've seen. I'm keeping it in a large plastic pitcher, and feeding it moths.

I also have a small (.75") Wolf spider than I'm keeping in a separate plastic container.

This is a great forum. I really like reading about other people's spiders and tarantulas, and looking at pictures and videos.

Last edited:

S2000

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I'm not big on introductions. I like tarantulas and true spiders a lot. I've owned a lot and am reasonably informed on the different species temperaments and husbandry etc. I'm not really into other arachnids.

I'm a college senior in NJ. I work in NYC. I'm also a car guy.

That's about it.