Introduce Yourself

BigDaddyO

Arachnopeon
Hi. My name is Kirk. 25 year old engineer from Australia and long time scorpion breeder.

I am currently keeping around 100+ individuals and ~20 species of native australian scorpions.
I noticed quite a few of these aren't currently in the species gallery here so I thought later I might post a few of my collection and then add the missing ones to the gallery.
For now here is a sneak peek. This is the as yet undescribed Isometrus sp. known as the Orange Tree scorpion.
This particular shot is one of the few successful captive birthings in the species history.

OTS%20BUBS.jpg

ph3nom

Arachnopeon
Hello from sunny South Africa.....

Hi Guys,
I have been frequenting this forum since 2010 according to my profile. Was out of the hobby for a while but am back.
My name is Steven and for those on the tarantulas.co.za forum my profile name there is sk27. (tried to change my nick on here but couldnt get it right:eek:oh:)
I am up to 12 T's now with another on order in a week or so. My list is in my signature.
I will try to post a picture thread today sometime on the various T's I have under my nick: ph3nom.

Kato

Arachnopeon
hi all

Hi Im Frankie and I have about 33 Tarantulas
All awesome colors wanna meet other people who enjoy the hobby
And I make weekly videos on YouTube of all my Tarantulas
So feel free to check the all out my screen name is
Frankiekato149
I hope to talk to all of u soon take care!!!

iaminside

Arachnopeon
Why not introduce myself. About 15 years ago I had just recently moved and had to sacrifice my reptiles because my new pad did not allow them ( i should have lied about the pets question), I was at a chain pet store and they had a young grammostola rosea so i figured why not. it was the best of times, we cuddled, and we frolicked. A few kids later and quite few new living rooms she passed away. Shortly after a friend of mine, that shares a passion for insects, got me a l. parahybana sling as a present. since then i have been diving further and further into the hobby. Currently i have 4t's and 6 scorpions. i just recently realized the importance of making contacts within the hobby. i hope at some point to breed some nw terrestrials and (because of the wonderful information on this site) possibly set up a communal p. regalis commune. More than anything else I am here to learn and possibly share any knowledge I have.

deaconce

Arachnopeon
Id like to introduce myself

Hi everyone, my name is John. I live in East Texas and I currently am a enthusiast. I have the following t's

0.0.2 g. rosea
0.1.0 Haplopelma lividum
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana

ive kept t's for a while now but ive never attempted to breed them so any advice is welcome

PaulEWog

Arachnopeon
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Paul. I am currently keeping 7 different tarantula species 1.0 L. Violocoepes, 0.1 B. Vagans, 0.1 B. Albopilosum, 0.1 Dwarf Aphonopelma sp. "Mogoli" (Mogoli is erroneous but its what it was sold as.), 0.0.1 P. Irminia, 0.1? A. Avicularia and 0.0.1 Phormictopes canceroides. I also have been keeping reef aquariums for 17 years; and have kept poison dart frogs and snakes on and off over those years.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
Hello. New Tarantula keeper here. Wife got me a Chilean Rose Hair two weeks ago as an early Father's Day Gift. This is due to my expressed interest in owning one. We saw her in the Petco and noticed she only had 7 legs, one was lost for some reason and the attending clerk had no idea about it. Well, I joked about a discount for it and a few days later my wife came home with her for me and even got the discount. lol I promptly named her "7 of 8". ^_~

Well, I have been perusing the forums since then and have come to the conclusion it's female...(though I may be wrong). Looking forward to taking care of her and seeing her regain a leg when she molts (if and when).

IMG_20120612_224433.jpg

kalebo1

Arachnosquire
My name is Caleb. I live in North Carolina. I recently purchase my first T. I have waited so long for this moment and it is finally here. I now own a B. Smithi sling. I have had it for almost a month now and it is now in premolt.... EXCITING!!! I can't wait to use this forum to discuss and ask questions about this wonderful hobby. I can see how this can become so addicting yet so therapeutic. I love it already.

Attachments

oeanone

Arachnopeon
Hello,
My name is chuck. I have been housing ts for about twenty yrs. I got them from pet stores and friends. My MM A. Metallica passed about a month ago so i thought i would try shopping online for a new one. Well surprise to me there is a very large internet phenom now with ts. So i bought a A. Purpurea and an A. Versicolor. I might be a little shy and do not post much but i have been reading everything i can about all the great advice. Thank you everyone who made this hobby more enjoyable and easier to find great ts.

dh32682

Arachnopeon
Hello

My name is Daniel I am from Atlanta, Ga. Everyone calls me Prettyboy for some reason. I live south of Atlanta in Newman, Ga now and just got my first Tarantula a Acanthoscurria geniculata. It's about 2 inches at the moment. It seems to behave as predicted except it loves to borrow. I put a small half cork bark in its small enclosure and it proceeded to burrow to the bottom of the substrate and close off one end of the hide. I was shocked at how quick it accomplished this (less than 48 hours) Anyway I wanted a Tarantula for a while and I finally got it.

PrettyHate

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feel like I should reintroduce myself since I have been on a hiatus for a few years now. Im Laura. I am currently in between homes while my partner is deployed overseas. Looking forward to moving into our place in Ottawa so that I can acquire some more Ts and move my current ones into their fancy permanent digs. I have 3 Ts at the moment-

1x female G. rosea (Alice, I have had her since 2003)
1x unsexed A. avic (Boots, I have had "her" for only a couple months)
1x B. smithi sling (Amelia, Ive had her for a month)

Im hoping to maybe meet up with some T people in Ottawa since I wont know anyone when I move back there in the new year. If youre in Ottawa/surrounding area drop me a PM if youd like! I'd love to chat with you!

yerbache

Arachnopeon
Hello from South Wales

Hi all,

Total newbie, been an arachnophobe all my life (daft phobia inherited from my mother) and after toying with the idea for years I bought my first G.rosea last weekend..

Well, now I'm bonkers for the little guys so I'm buying an Avic later in the week and a B.smithi for my girlfriend after that. I may develop a minor obsession.:geek:

I'm in South Wales UK and work as a forester for a living.

icemanx2

Arachnopeon
Newbie here :)

Hi guys! I'm from the Philippines, I am a noob in this kind of hobby and staring to love it.
I have a B. Smithi and Chaco sling, both have a great appetite, also got a 2i and 3i HH scorps and planning to buy 2pc 2i asian black forest this week.

Faralie

Arachnopeon
:) hi everyone. I'm not exactly new (have had dozens of Ts over the years) but I figured it was time to quit lurking and say hi. I live up in Montana and Ts are just one of my many passions in life. Cheers!

James501

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is James. I'm from Lancashire in the Uk, I've been in the hobby for 5 years now and currently have a Grammostola rosea (Charlotte the Chilien rose) and two Damon diadema (Mowgli and Klaus the Tanzanian tailless whip scorpions) I'm currently working on expanding my collection now I have my own place! :D

creepmeout

Arachnopeon
Sharing the Love

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Love nature and recently moved out into the woods where nature is beginning to wear out its welcome! I admire you all, as I am absolutely terrified of most everything with legs other than my dogs. My question to you all is how might I get thousands of millipedes...large and small...to stop committing suicide in my pool on a nightly basis? I just thought with your expertise you might have a ecologically friendly answer. I will be sure to post some pictures of some of the spiders that seem to follow me throughout my day, I think they sense my fear and put their friends up to it. millipedes 010.jpg

djamesgoody

Arachnopeon
I'm Dan. Complete and totally newbie in the invert world..... was brought into the fold by one of the greatest people in my life, so I trust this will become a lifelong thing from here on out.....

I just recently got a G. Pulchra (actually myself and my friend both).... and also a P. Cancerides, with whom I am completely unfamiliar!

But while here I'll say that NetBugs was a great resource for us, and Anastasia really went above and beyond any expectation when sending us stuff.

Anyway..... that's my invert story.... it will develop.

Aviara

Arachnoknight
Hello all :) I'm Lindsay, and while I am extremely new to keeping tarantulas, I am already in love with the hobby. I have kept reptiles and aquariums for awhile now, but only got my first T about a month ago. Nevertheless, I find her more fascinating than most of the other "critters" I own. In addition to tarantulas, I think millipedes are adorable and own a few, and my first "pets" were isopods gathered from my garden a few years back. :p I'm extremely excited to be a part of a community that shares my passion for invertebrates, and look forward to gaining knowledge and getting to know people here as I expand my collection!

Woochops

Arachnopeon
hi all, im from atlanta and new to the hobby. i dont have any tarantulas yet. if youre local to the atlanta area, feel free to message me if you have spiders or spiderlings to sell, any tips or just to say hey.

SukioVic

Arachnopeon
NewComer

Just wanted to say hey. I'm SukioVic. I have two T's and a cat. I've read Arachnoboards for a while but finally wanted to join. I'm thinking of adding another T and am looking for info on some species I am considering. So for that reason, and to share photos of my lovely girls, is why I am here.