Introduce Yourself

Jan Mugot

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Jan. I'm actually new to having arachnopets. :D But, I was a little bit into them when I was on my childhood years. We get them to fight like warriors. :) But now, I wan't to really venture to loving and caring for them as pets. I hope you can guide me to this. Thanks!

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi everyone! I havent posted in quite some time..I don't have any Ts at the moment..had too much going on for awhile. But I'm planning to start keeping some again in the near future ;) my favorite are arboreals..especially H. maculata..

I'm in Floresville, Tx..just outside of San Antonio. I'm 28, married, and I've got 2 young boys (9 1/2 and 4 1/2).
Feel free to add me on FB..Whytedragon

anirwin

Arachnopeon
I'm Ashley. I am 24 years old and going to college. I used to have REALLY bad arachnophobia but I am working on it. I am actually very surprised I got interested in this hobby because of the phobia but I guess people change eh?

I actually went to school before for Horticulture and as part of my internship I worked at Henry Doorly Zoo in the Insect and Butterfly Pavilion and learned that insects are actually quite beautiful and fascinating. This is the place that I held my first Tarantula which was a Chilean Rose Hair and finally found out they just don't go out trying to bite you like I originally thought.

With the help of my friend Stephanie, I finally came to the conclusion that I am actually quite interested in them.

I still do not have any Tarantulas but I have learned as much as I can so far and believe that I am finally close to getting number one and breaking the ice.

cdb728

Arachnopeon
Heeeey e'erbody! Nice to meetcha :D! I just wanted to properly introduce myself. I'm Craig, live in norcal and am about to graduate high school and move onto better things XD! I don't really know how I got into this tarantula hobby, I guess I just wanted some sort of exotic pet, not many people have in their homes, like cats or dogs. I got my baby tarantula in the mail about two years ago, and boy is it slow growing! When I got it, it looked like a normal house spider, about an inch or two long. Now, after a few molts, it is about 3 inches long, i want to say. She (I think of her as she, 'cause I want her to be a girl, obviously) is a mexican redknee, which apparently is like the slowest growing species you can get. Oh well, she's still fun to have around :)

cromero68

Arachnopeon
Just like to introduce myself. My name is Craig and I hope to learn a lot from all of you! I just acquired a Nhandu Chromatus mature male. I am told he has been mature for two months now. I don't know how long he will live or how much time I have to get a breeding in, but if anyone has a female maybe we can work something out.

1 Haplopelma lividum Female, 1 Haplopelma lividum Male (Vlad), 1 Avicularia versicolor sling, 1 Grammostola rosea sling (Le Lu), 1 Brachypelma boehmei sling & 1 Nhandu Chromatus Male

Here is a pic of him:

Jrod

Arachnopeon
waz up

i am kind of know to thes i am giting a indan ortementel tomorw i have a mmG.poulcra a mixican red knee and a mixican pinted red lage{D

JayJay

Arachnopeon
Yellow!

:worship: New to the hobby, scared of spiders, bought one to over come the fear, now have three! Love them do to the markings and right down to there personality and sizes.
Single, 28, northern California, Science guy, cpu guy and funny guy =)

tomodell

Arachnopeon
hey guys.
i'm tom, i have been in the scorpion side of the hobby for just under a year and i finally made my mum give in about not having spiders in the house.
i'm getting my first, i G. rosea for free from a friend at the bts show and i will hopefully buy a few other scorps and other inverts too.

shellshock187

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello to all, i am from the UK and have a interest in inverts and reps, i have at the mo a Theraphosa Stirmi, and am looking to acquire a Lasiodora parahybana, Pelinobius muticus and a P Metallica....

I also have 3 Eublepharis macularius and a varanus exanthematicus i just love the varanus its like a dinosaur and is at the mo some what feisty and fun to observe...

I love this site its well organized and full of information pics and helpful peeps as such is a good place to be, so good luck, good health and god be with you......all

xellos

Arachnopeon
hi i am Mahdi , i am new to arachnoboards , i dunno how to post a thread ! help please!

thurt88

Arachnopeon
Just found the site. Was looking for info on my mexican redleg and this site showed up. I'm basically new to spiders/scorps, just kept a couple in the past (long long time ago) and just recently got back into it. Tho, reptiles are my passion, retics more directly but I do enjoy the occasional invert. I only have a pink toe and just got a mexican red leg. You will have to give me a break for not being up on the latin names.

Trying to find prices on the red legs. I really wanted one and went to the expo Sunday and got one. I paid $125.oo for a female with a leg span of maybe 4". I have no way to reference if I got a decent deal or ripped off. I guess it worked out as there was a baby tiger retic for the same price I would have came home with and wife would have killed me.

Gargantuian

Arachnopeon
Good Evening Everyone!

Well I have had this itch for some odd reason to buy a tarantula, so at the reptile show over the weekend I bought a rosy. Fed as soon as I threw a few crickets in there and seems to be very docile.

Anyone steer me in the right direction to find more info on my new pet would be much obliged!

Thank you and take care!:D

Joyce

Arachnopeon
New

Hi everyone,

I'm Joyce from the Netherlands. I have one G. rosea. I've had her since about two or three months now. I read a lot, but am still learning.

I used to visit tarantulas.us but it suddenly is offline??? Does anyone know what happened? I heard this is also a nice forum and thought I should pay it a visit.

Joyce

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey peeps ! I don't consider myself new to the hobby yet I guess I should .
I have trouble finding people that also like tarantulas that are not complete
losers or just plain weird, most of my friends think I'm crazy.
So I am here mainly just for communication and appreciation of my ( and your )
addiction to these lil .... Ts .

cromero68

Arachnopeon
Welcome! I was wondering the same thing about tarantulas.us as well.
Hi everyone,

I'm Joyce from the Netherlands. I have one G. rosea. I've had her since about two or three months now. I read a lot, but am still learning.

I used to visit tarantulas.us but it suddenly is offline??? Does anyone know what happened? I heard this is also a nice forum and thought I should pay it a visit.

Joyce

DaUGh

Arachnopeon
question

How do you post question on here? I have a horrible problem with my rose haired T and I need some help! His leg is all bent in towards his body and he refuses to walk on it! he walks on the knee instead! I am so scared about this! I need help! please help me!

taraction

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello there! my name is tim and i hail from the great state of texas. kept a rosie 20 years ago when i was still a kid and when i found this board, it triggered all the great memories i had with my tarantula. immediately jumped back into the hobby and i've already learned so much just from lurking around these boards! and then i remembered that i haven't introduced myself.

now i've got over 20 t's in my collection and no sign of slowing!

Reaper1

Arachnopeon
New to these fourms

My name is Chris Grimm. I was a member of another forum which seems to have been shut down. I was told about these forums at a recent reptile show and since I saw it was the one where I was directed from the now defunct forum I figured I join!

I personally have 2 T's and my fiancée has one. Mine are Rosie (Chilean Rose Hair...like you couldn't figure that one out! LOL) and Gloria (Mexican Red Knee).

I've had Rosie the longest, from last August. She's not fully grown and I'm patiently waiting for her to molt as she's eaten 1 cricket since December! Of course from everything I've read and know about these, they have interesting characters, to say the least! LOL Mine is a bit crazy, but sweet.

Gloria I saved from a closing pet shop. She'd been there 2 years at least and was kept in some bad conditions. She JUST molted this past weekend and she is gorgeous! I'm hoping she gains an appetite now as she's not eaten since I got her a few months ago.

My fiancées is a newer breed to the hobby from what we were told and is a small sling. It molted a few weeks ago, but is still too small for me to sex accurately as I'm not THAT good at it! I'd know the name if I saw it, but I'm drawing a blank right now. It should be a BEAUTIFUL purple and blue, with pink feet when grown. Some of that color is already coming out. We haven't named it yet as we don't know the sex.

Her and I also keep an number of other animals that are all rescues.
Leo (Senegal Chameleon)
Rocky (Bearded Dragon that was born blind)
Willie (8 year old Chinese Water Dragon that is blind in one eye)
and 4 dogs! (well...only one is hers, the others belong to her dad)

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and once again part of a tarantula community!

Mutillid

Arachnopeon
Hallo.I'm Jordan Gesell from Pearl River County. I enjoy keeping all kinds of invertebrates for study and for pets (ironically enough, spiders aren't really my thing). I'm just graduating from high school and am planning on pursuing a Doctorate in Entomology. I don't have any credentials (yet!) but I have done a lot of independent reading and studying for the past 2-3 years. I want to specialize in the Mutillidae (Velvet or Cow ants) and I have been studying and learning about them and their taxonomy. I love insects and spiders to a small degree and many other little-known invertebrates like arrow-worms and velvet worms. Nice to be here :)

Pinhead

Arachnopeon
Hi there,

my name is Taija, and I live in Finland. I'm an artist - I draw and play electric guitar (first guitar was Ibanez GIO, then my guyfriend gave me his Ibanez ICT700 as christmas present).

I'm afraid of tarantulas and other kind of spiders (they're creepy, don't get mad at me), but somehow I fell in love with scorpions.

I have one pandinus imperator female which I suddenly got from my sister's friend,who got it from pet shop. And there they told her that scorpions are desert animals...so you can quess the rest. But now that beautiful emperor is fine. :)

A few days ago I got three adult tityus stigmurus scorpions, one has brood, and there seems to be at least seven babys in there. I wish they will grow up safely, I've heard they die easily.
One of my adults might be a male..? It has a little different body shape.

I also have two bunnies called Luciear and Mr. Norja.
And next week I'm gonna go to take my shar pei/german shepherd male puppy to home, too. :) It's name is Krae.

I've also had a few lizards, about 24 mice (one abyssian!), two rats and cynops orientalis'es.