Introduce Yourself

Jester

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Jester. I'm 15, currently looking into getting my first T, and I have an abnormal obsession with cats. My last cat passed away on March 13th and I cannot bring myself to get another fuzzy cuddler. My dad is single-handedly raising me, and I am an only child. We just got a new car.

That's about it.

skits

Arachnopeon
Ok hi.
I'm new here. I'm probably going to be getting my first tarantula tomorrow. :D She's a pinktoed tarantula. I've been wanting a tarantula since January and have been researching ever since about them. I thought I had gotten over my obsession for them until I held the one I want last week and fell in love with her.

I also have a dog, 2 cats, 6 ferrets, a snake, a toad, a gecko, a rabbit, 7 hamsters, 2 turtles, 2 betta fish, 4 mice and 3 salamanders. We're also getting a third cat sometime really soon. We're a house of crazy people. :rolleyes:

Anyways nice to meet you all! :clap:

santacgt

Arachnopeon
Hello from Guatemala

I have 1 T. I believe it is an Aphonopelma Seemanni. It simply walked into my kitchen one day. I have had others walk through but have picked them up and taken them outside my compound. It molted some time ago. I hadn't learned how to sex by looking at the molt. It is immature and for sure not a mature male. I am studying as much as I can and am raising crickets. I plan to import 30 more of different species in November. I want to get taking care of them down first. I will import some arboreal species, at least that is the plan. If there are any Hobbyist from Guatemala please PM me. I would like to try my hand at breeding in the future. I'm here to learn and help if I can.

bafanabafana

Arachnopeon
Hello all,
Names Brogan,
17, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
BTEC Extended National Diploma in Animal management,
Absolutely in love with invertebrates, magical creatures.
First Tarantula yesterday, i keep all manner of cockroaches though! Always on the look for more species!
I play Rugby for Cambridge County and i enjoy sport and the natural world.

NightFang

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, Im Jovan and Im from South Africa. I've been keeping Ts for almost two months now, and im looking forward to learning more about them. I currently have 15 Ts, mostly slings. In total i have 9 different species, and Im pretty sure I'll be getting more :D

fl0w3r

Arachnopeon
A rose hair's Mommy

Hello all,

I just stumbled across this board while trying to Google up some insight about my Rose Hair. I'm a wife and Mom and we recently adopted a cute little Rose Hair. His/her name is Hairy. Hairy is the only invertebrate in our family. My husband reluctantly agreed to allow us to have a T in the house as long as I took care of the T. I think he's just in the closet though, he checks on Hairy regularly and likes to see him move around. :cool:

I look forward to seeing the posts that are out there and learning more about our new family member.

Attachments

roelf

Arachnopeon
introduction

Hi my name is Roelf and i got some tarantullas when i got them thy told me that it is a brazilian orange branded (Acanthoscurria juruenicola) After breeding with them i got round about 1.000 slings .But i do not know if it really is them can i mabe send a foto of them for identification if it is possible Thanks

marcfrick2112

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Marc, I am 40 years old, and have been keeping (primarily hanndleable) tarantulas for 20 years. I currently have 8 tarantulas from slings to adults. How did I happen to come here? Well, my gentle chaco molted about 2 weeks ago.. and 'she' is a 'he' ...spurs and 'boxing gloves'. So, I joined mainly to check out the for sale section.. to find a nice sized female G pulchripes.

Leakypede

Arachnopeon
I've lurked for a long time, registered recently, and just posted my first post -- and realized I forgot to introduce myself!

I'm a big fan of invertebrates. I formerly kept hissing cockroaches and scorpions (Centruroides vittatus), and currently have a lovely lady millipede, who is (I think) Orthoporus sp. My best guess is O. texicolens, but apparently there's some taxonomic confusion about who's who/who's not who in Orthoporus. I don't even know for sure she's an Orthoporus, because the person who gave her to me said she was "A desert millipede? Of some kind? I'm not really a millipede guy." Haha.

Her name is Nellie, and her interests include eating carrots, excavating tunnels, and pooping on rude humans who pick her up. ;)

JasonO

Arachnopeon
Hey,

Im a college student. My main interests are mostly aquatic creatures, I'm really interested in fish, but I enjoy invertebrates also.

kinglaz85

Arachnopeon
hello there

im new to the hobby and i already own a few T's (G. Rosea, G. Pulchripes, B Albopilosum, C. Cyanesopubescens and B. Smithi sling) and im getting a few more!!!!!! im already addicted lol

TM-Dubz

Arachnopeon
Hi People!

I'm new to the board and relatively new to T's, although I do have a few years of experience with reptiles (mostly snakes).

I'm looking forward to sharing the passion with you guys and learning lots.

I hope that you will all feel free to inform and correct me where necessary - all I ask is that you are polite when doing so.

I'm currently keeping: C. Schioedtei - Sling, H. longipes (possibly von wirthi) - SA, P. irmina - Sling, P. murinus - Juvie, and an unknown ground dwelling Sling that I received as a rescue.

:D

Havelock

Arachnopeon
Hello

Greetings everyone, my name is Thanos and I'm from Greece.
I'm relatively new to this... quite addictive hobby, although I've had the tarantula "itch" for ages! Good advice is always welcome, when "served" properly. Really nice to be here, and frankly honored to be a part of a community, that can share the same interest and love, for our eight-legged friends!

Optic

Arachnopeon
Hey, I've been on the site for a day or so now and been looking around but I guess I'm going to say hi now =) I've got a Curly Haired Spider of about 1 and a half inches big, 25Cm Long and 20Cm height tank for him, it might be a little big for him or her at the moment but I put 2 to 3 inches of coconut husk in there :) Hi guyssssssssss. :D

teody

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I'm Teody. I'm from the Philippines and I'm an addict...
I came here to ask for advice. How do I stop the urge of buying Ts?!?

Just kidding. I don't have an addiction. But my wife thinks otherwise. :) It has been 16 months since I bought my first T; a B. auratum. I now have 18 species and all of them are either slings or juvies.

Every time the owner of our local pet shop sends a text message of new arrivals, I just can't stop thinking how beautiful the new species are. And how they are different from what I have. And how the new ones will enhance my collection. I just got to have them!

Anyway, I'm just saying hello. I've been lurking around for the past 16 months or so. Just decided to register and say hi to all the nice people in this hobby. Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

angeldrone

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

Hi,

I am new here and I am new to Ts. I have an avic sling and I am having a hard time feeding him because I don't know what to feed him. I was told that insects bigger or about their size are likely to be ignored. My avic is about 2-3cm and i just cant find something of the size to feed it.

The local petshop is not very helpful as well. They just sell you their stuff and they leave you at it to figure out things.

I badly need help since my T has not eaten for almost 3weeks now and its been a month since its last molt so its not due for another one.

angeldrone

python8269

Arachnopeon
what up all,

most of my life has been devoted to reptiles until recently. i have been scared of spiders since i was 9, about a year ago a friend of mine got a rose hair and i had to "babysit", in the 2wks that i had him he kinda grew on me. now i have 4 of them and enjoy them very much, and defenitely looking to get more in the present and future, maybe even try at some breeding.

Torben

Arachnopeon
A small introduction

Hello, everyone

My name is Torben, Iam from 89' so 22 years old.
I live together with my wife and Iam busy with arachnids since 2006.
I've stopped once before, cause I was to busy with the venomous snakes and lizards.
But I have to admit, its to difficult to stop only having a little break:D
At the moment Iam waiting on my delivery from france wich included P.fera, P.pertyi and some loxosceles. I've kept many fast spiders but these take the most interest, cause of the big differences in life style, characterism and more.
I hope to have a nice time over here, and the same for you guys.

This is me, with a Varanus exanthematicus

Kind regards,

Torben

work safe and be a story teller, Not the story