Introduce Yourself

1prairiedog

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I am Fabian, from Bucharest, Romania.
At the moment no arachnid in posession, but I wish to get some less dangerous communal scorpions from cold winter climate- these words mean that I need a break at least for winter :). All that I found here are tropical ones and I don't want to mess with tender critters.
I keep mainly hardy plants and animals, most of them having the great advantage of cold hardiness and/or hibernation, and minimal maintenance, if the setup and routine are correct projected.
That's why I have hardy cacti, Yucca, Leopard Geckos, Steppe and IberaTortoises, also tough small livebearer, Corys and Cyprinids.

Although I wanted once ago to get native Euscorpius carpathicus, I got involved in others and, ironically, the idea of keeping scorpions came again after finding that both Coleonyx and Eublepharis Geckos are controllers of... scorpion populations and are immune to their stings. Now, don't take it that I want to feed my Leos with baby scorpions {D!! I got enough Blattids for Leos and scorpions as well.

Weird facts: while not being affraid of vipers, I got creeps when first time seeing a Tarantula and affraid of rodents too! I feel these furry little guys
are very unpredictable and I always ask twice if they bite {D!

Reading here and there just from yesterday, I can say that this forum is a great source of information, great place to learn!

Cheers!

Fabian

P.S.: It happens to be a Scorpio LOL!

T-ray

Arachnopeon
Another newbie

I'm new to the boards and to owning tarantulas. A friend of mine knew I wanted to get a tarantula, but also that my fiance is afraid of them, so the obvious thing to do was to get me a rose hair! This happened in October, and I know it was cruel of him to bring this on my fiance, but he's over his fear now and wants tarantulas of his own now! So that's my short backstory and I look forward to going through everything on the boards :}

seany217

Arachnopeon
New

Hello I'm relatively new to the trade and hobby, I am a chef in Chicago always looking to buy more ts, which is odd because I was afraid of spiders for the longest.

Dragonmoon

Arachnopeon
Hi Darren from Pittsburgh have owned emperor scorps before but looking to get new species... currently keep crested geckos :D

Keen observer

Arachnopeon
I'm from Washington state. I've been interested in insects for some time. I've been seeing centipedes lately so I came here to determine what kind of centipede it is. Insects that I have been recently observing include:

-ants
-spiders
-silverfish
-centipedes

Bumblingbear

Arachnopeon
Hey guys I just joined.

I've had Ts in the past, but I just now really started getting into them.

I have an Aviculara Diversipes sling, a Curly hair sling, and a Chaco sling.

I also have a 6" Scolopendra gigantea that I am thinking about selling and putting towards a P. Metallica.

Cheers!

Faith

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

I'm Faith- I adore Tarantulas, and currently have a Chaco Golden Knee fondly known as Quinn. She's lovely <3
I'm also keeping a House Spiderling at the moment for fun, called Henri even though I'm not sure of his gender yet {He's tiny}.

I look forward to getting to know everyone~

nastyinfinity

Arachnopeon
hi

hey, long time lurker, first time poster. i've been in the hobby for about 3 years now and rather enjoy my little family. i like things simple and to the point so i'll leave it at that. i've taken a lot from here and hope to give back where i can.

Kraine

Arachnosquire
Hello there. I'm Kari. I'm a college student from MD, and I just got my first tarantula a couple days ago, as a spiderling. I think I'm in love.

Nice to meet you all!

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
Hello

Hi my name is Frosty, I came here because it seems to be the best forum for tarantula owners, and i love tarantula's :]]

Wakenbaker619

Arachnopeon
Hey im wakenbaker pernounced wake and baker if you catch my drift;){D I've had T's ever since I could remember. my very first one was a San diego native that my dad caught, I named it bite bite. I just recently went on a buying spree and have added 7 versicolors,3 tiger rumps, and 1 maraca cobacla to my collection of 2highland baboons, 2 dune scorpions, 2 desert hairys, and my 2 year old veiled chameleon named Alaska.

Elena3505

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi Everyone (does anyone even read these?),

My name is Amanda, and I am new to the hobby and just recently acquired a rosie. I live in Houston Tx, and am 24 years old.

I enjoy arts and crafts and spending time with my boyfriend and family.

Thanks.

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey All,
Wanted to introduce myself. I'm not new, yet not exactly an old-hand,, in the arachnoworld. I've kept a number of reptiles and other non-mamillian pets most of my life, as well as dogs and birds. I currently have a number of snakes, lizards, and tortoises as well some some inverts, which I kind of got back into by accident. I adopted a Chilean Rose Hair and a Zebra-leg from someone who was getting evicted and needed a good home for his pets, so I took them along with the others. The zebra leg died after about a year, from a bad molt I think but the Chilean is going strong. It was adult-sized when I got it, about 3 years+ ago - not sure if its male or female, but if the former then I'm assuming he's nearing his end. At the last White Plains expo, I picked up some slings - 1 A.versicolor, 1 Singapore Blue and 2 Brazilian Giant White Knees ( A. geniculata ) which have been doing well so far - eating, active, etc. I do have some questions though ( let me know if they should be posted elsewhere ). I did my online research, as well as spoke at length with the breeders but would like to hear from fellow keepers.
1.) They are all in the vials they came with so far. The genis are horizontal and have about 5x body to floor length. The two Singapore blue is vertical and has about 2x floor space but 6x height. The versicolor has about 1.5x floor length and 3x height. At what point should I move them to larger enclosures?
2.) How do I tell when they're getting ready to molt?
3.) Whats the best way to provide appropriate humidity in vials?

Thanks,
bigjej

ZX14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Everyone!!!

Hello I am obviously new to this forum but I am not new to keeping inverts :)...I am from S.E. Wisconsin and am 38yrs old. I love to spend time with my AWESOME family most of all...I have enjoyed motorcycling for the past 20 years...I am a union steamfitter (pipefitter)........... As a kid I loved catching all kinds of native spiders and was just facinated by them. My mother has the 'phobia' and for some years kinda aquired a fear myself :mad: In the late 80's I began keeping reptiles seriously and that quickly rekindled my facination! I currently have 5 Ts, 11 scorps, 2 pedes, an aquatic turtle, 2 lizards, and 10 snakes!! My animals are definitely a passion and a labor of love :) I joined up here because as alot of you have also stated, this seems to be the best arachnid site around....I hope to meet people/breeders of similiar interests on here and also add to my collection. Would be awesome to meet a breeder in my area of scorps that I could aquire from :)

nmbugs

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Racquel and I am a macro photographer. My favorite subjects are spiders, mantids, grasshoppers and dragonflies. I found this board when I was looking for contact information for Spider Bob. I had no idea he had already left this world and even though I never meet him, I felt a deep loss. I had hoped to be able to meet him and work with him but sadly I found his work too late.

If anyone lives in Southern NM and would like to work with me, please let me know. I am not an entomologist and would love to learn more about the creatures I photograph. I am also interested in teaming up with varies people to write articles, local guides and I really want to write a children's book about insect to dispel so many myths. Had it not been for my boys I would still have unrealistic fears of all things that creep and crawl.

Anyways I hope to get to know others who share my passion and love for all creatures.

Gciguana

Arachnopeon
Hello all. I have kept T's for a few years now and various other reptiles for 15+ years. Been on some other forums for a bit and decided to say Hi here. You can see some pics at gallery.me.com/samuellane2 I haven't updated those for a while and have had many additions but I'll get around to it soon.

Jezabel

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone, I'm Destiny. I'm in my early 30's, I live in WA. and am new to this site as well as a new Tarantula owner to my G. Pulchra - Brazilian Black, Jezabel. She's about 2 inches and is completely hiding out now that she's comfy in her burrow . . . stinker! (; (miss seeing her crawling around my tank).
Don't be afraid to stop by and say hello! :D

JR1213

Arachnopeon
I don't know if anyone is reading these... But I joined the site to buy my first T's. I'm over 30 and currently owned by one cat. I've had snakes and turtles (as a former rehabilitator), dogs, cats, fishes, etc... So time for something different.

The spare bedroom got a new shelf today and homes for some new T's are here, ready, n' waiting for my first T's... I have a few messages out there already, I don't know who's who yet, so we'll see how things go ! :eek:

In case you're a seller ...
Species I'm specifically looking for right now... I'd like to get a 3" female of all 3 below, and 3 slings of all 3 below.
Grammostola rosea
Brachypelma albopilosum
Avicularia versicolor

other species on my wishlist... seeking 4-6 slings on these.
Brachypelma smithi
Lasiodora parahybana
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Grammostola aureostriatum
Grammostola pulchra
Grammostola pulchripes

Wouldn't mind a Black Emperor Scorpion, looking for a 3"

zachrocks

Arachnopeon
Hi. Just joined today looking for some info on a centipede I found earlier. Posted pics up in another thread. I really want to get my thread noticed cause I AM FREAKED OUT and I would like to know what I'm dealing with!!!

Last edited: