Introduce Yourself

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
New Here.

Hi everyone,

I am very new to the Hobby...have already found a ton of info on here. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone here...

I have a Mexican Fireleg = Hades at 1.25 inch sling f/ tarantulacages.com
and I receive my OBT later today= Helios at .75 inch f/ kenthebugguy.com

Plus I have a smaller cage coming too...I have other pets but they are 4 legged.

RoachGirl

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am pretty new to these boards and to the Tarantula hobby in general. So Im really hoping to get some good tips and information from these boards. Lets see about me, I am a 29 yr old mother of two (5 yr old and 10 yr old girls). Living in Georgia. I currently own (along with my boyfriend) 12 different types of tarantulas, 2 Madagascar hissing cockroaches, 2 giant cave roaches, 1 black emperor scorpion, 15 rats and 5 cats. So it's a real zoo over here.

Asphyxia

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aloha.

Asphyxia's ma nick, as you all can see. Rl name's Claudia.
Rather new to this forum and to be honest, not all that active.

Been here on this very planet since 22 yrs back, and plan to stick around for a bit longer. Alltho I crashed down in Sweden im doin ma best to get that engine runnin so I can be off again. Spent a yr in NL but moved back to Swe to finish ma school.
Atm im in Spain, gna spend the summer here. Since I'm not that keen on cold weather, I will most likely move down here nexxt summer, depending on how I thrive here - that is.

Atm, I share dumpster with one cat, one iguana iguana, two rats and one b. smithi.

Ah well, that was a weei bit bout me, not that I think u care... heh...

Take care now.
Cheers,

// Asphyxia

Ok - So that was me some years back. Im now both older and more mature and instead of the B. smithi its now a B. vagans. My smithi molted male and died by starvation since he no longer cared to feed. Poor little fellow.
My vagans is new, one day old in my house but I hope to spend many more years with shim and if Im luckly its a she... Will let you sex it when it has motled! =)

Btw... still in Spain ;)

HotPocket

Arachnopeon
Hi I am Hotpocket. and i have kept a variety of Exotics for most of my life. from snakes and lizards to scorps and T's but i have been focusing more on inverts lately and this seems like a good community to help me learn from some more experienced keepers and have some fun.

Gorbag

Arachnopeon
Hello! Obviously, I'm new here lol. I don't have any arachnids yet, but I've been interested in them for several years and I'm feeling like it's the right time to jump in:) I also like herps, especially amphibians. I have lots of frogs, salamanders and newts. I also have a few snakes (BCIs and BPs) and I keep fish as well.

I look forward to getting to know you all! :)

boadaddy

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here! I'm new to the forum but not to tarantulas, been keeping them for over about 16 years now. This site is the best i've found, lot's of great info. and people{D

bluecoolrush

Arachnopeon
I'm new here just got my first Sling A.Avicularia.
I'm 29 Female, Got married last year. My husband has had a few T's before we were together. I'm am already going to get some more T's here soon just going to set up the homes before we get them.

DawnW

Arachnopeon
Hello from Scotland! :)

I'm brand new out the box here, and I actually don't keep any arachnids, neither do I have plans to! But, I love other inverts so figured I'd join anyway.

My name's Dawn (imaginative username, right?) :} I'm 28, and have been building up my collection of critters for the past 8 years. I keep turtles, tortoises, some phibs, dogs, couple of rescue hamsters and the inverts I currently have are many, many, many snails, millipedes, a land crab, and pancake slugs.

I was looking for info about Domino roaches and it brought me to a post here from 2009, so thought I would join anyway since I do like a bit of internet forumming!

So...howdy :cool:

Raven9464

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Intro

It all started just 2 months ago when I purchased my 2nd T ... I think I was hooked watching my little Salmon Pink Birdeater grow...I now have 12 different Ts and can't wait for the next expo :drool:

I am an animal lover and would have a house full of all kinds of pets if it weren't for my husband who isn't :wall: But my Ts don't take up much room, don't wander around and make messes, and as far as he knows, are "very inexpensive" ;) so I don't have to worry about "rockin' the boat" by adding to my "collection" .....unless of course he asks how much I've spent.....

ruska

Arachnopeon
New emp owner

Hi all. I'm a previous tarantula and snake owner, but now have an emperor scorpion. He (or she) is 2i and was a birthday present from a friend whose emp had babies. I love creepy crawly things so this board is right up my alley :)

toddmack

Arachnopeon
Hi There.

I'm Mack - My wife and I recently took on a new house guest. A lovely G.Rosa

A throughly amazing little creature and also a bit of a mystery.

I will be enjoying reading posts here and you can epect to hear from us also from time to time.

Rgds,

Mack

Sir Aculeus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all. Glad to be here. Been a long time keeper of scorpions (and some other pets) and been wanting to get a tarantula for a long time now.

:)

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Introduction

Hi, my name's Jade. I'm pretty new to the hobby. I got my 3.5" g rosea, Molly, from a local pet store about twoish months ago and...I'm in love. I've only seen her threat pose once, and have held her a dozen times. Today's my birthday, and I actually got to see her eat for the first time today. Two adult crickets!! Yeah!! Thanks so much, Molly!! Best gift I've gotten all day!
My other T is an avic avic, around 2". She's pretty cool, too, but I bought her in premolt about three weeks ago or so. She's been a good hider so far, which is understandable, considering the circumstances. I can't wait until she molts! I'd love to handle her.
I also just ordered a 1.25" b smithi and a 1.75" b vagans from Ken the Bug Guy, and I can't wait to get those! They'll be so cool!
Yeah..I'm definitely addicted. If you're new like me, a great way to learn is by going to YouTube and watching Jon3800's videos. He's done T's for 16 years, and he shows it!
Yeah, thanks for having me, Arachnoboards!

alinasara

Arachnopeon
Thanks

I am alina form Alaska.
want to learn from other and share my information with other.
Hope to have a great time here.
Thanks

chloro94

Arachnopeon
bonjour

bonjour
j'habite en france près de paris,j'adore la nature,je viens parmi vous pour ameliorer mes connaissances sur les arachnidés,au plaisir de vous lire

andrews87

Arachnopeon
Hi Im Drew

Hi board my name is Andrew, everybody just calls me "Drew". I have been collecting since late 2005. I currently have 31 T's, 4 Scorps, and a 3ft. Caiman named "Spike". I currently work in Nashville,TN where I am Director of Plant Operations for DELL Computers.

takelondon

Arachnosquire
My name is Sam, and I'm currently living in Seattle, WA. My girlfriend and I live here together though she is from the Boston area and though I grew up in various places, I feel the most allegiance to Portland, ME.

We're both new to keeping tarantulas, and got our first on Sunday!

AvicLover24

Arachnopeon
Hi

Hello! My name's Amanda. I have fallen in love with tarantulas due to an ex bf, and have been keeping them just as pets for the last 3-4 years. Avicularias are my favorite genus, hard for me to pick a favorite species though. Anyway, been using arachnoboards for a long time, just now became a member, happy to be a part!

SpyderRookie

Arachnopeon
Spyder Rookie

Hello everyone I go by the nickname Joka I'm a US military member currently residing in the U.K. I'm new to the hobby of T's but I'm more than willing and eager to learn as much about them as I can from reading and you guys :worship:. I currently own a SA Selenocosmia dichromata (New Guinea Black Femur) and a SA New River Rust Rump. They both seem like great spiders so far I've only had them for about two days now. So any tips or advice you all are willing to lend I'm all ears.

Thanks