Introduce Yourself

Cider

Arachnopeon
Recently, I purchased a B. albospilosum sling from Ollie Meidinger, and my fiancee became quickly enamoured with Ts...it is now 3 weeks later and we have a burgeoning collection of 14, mostly slings:

0.0.2 Brachypelma smithi
0.0.1 Brachypelma emilia
0.0.1 Brachypelma boehmei
0.0.1 Brachypelma albospilosum
0.0.1 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.2 Avicularia versicolor
0.0.1 Avicularia metallica
0.1.0 Grammasola rosea
0.0.1 Grammastola pulchripes
0.0.1 Aphonopelma hentzi
0.0.1 Vitalius vellutinus
0.0.1 Eupalaestrus campestratus

I know that we will probably have 50+ by this fall.

Hello Everyone

I am the enamored fieance! Toirtis is right though it has only been 3 weeks and I just can not get enough of these little guys. My favorite at this time is my Brachypelma emilia and at only 1" big in body and the colour coming out more and more I think that she shall stay my favorite so far.

Talk to you all later
Cheers! :rolleyes:

tolongest99

Arachnopeon
Hi

Hi! Good day to evryone... I'm Francis from the Philippines. I've been collecting tarantulas & scorpions since 2008. I would like to thank the Arachnoboards Admins for activating my account.:worship::worship:
Here are some of my collections:

2x B. Emilia
2x B. Albopilosum
1x B. Smithi
1x B. Vagans
2x P. Emperator
2x P. Transvaalicus
1x.R. Junceus
1x C. Gracilis (Cuban)
5x C. Excilucauda

and lots of Hottentotta Hottentotta!! lolz!

I've lost some of my collections because of typhoon Ondoy that struck our country last September 2009. The spp. i listed are new acquisitions from some of most respected breeders in our country.

ribonzz

Arachnopeon
Hi, i live in Sumatra, Indonesia. There's so many spiders and other arachna creatures. Want to find a nique one? come here :)

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello.

I'm Neal, and I'm 25 year's old. I've been a member of VL.com for quite sometime, and have had a lot of experience with scorpions, but due to real life issues, had to part with my collection, although I did hang on to one little guy. I'm located in Louisiana(USA), and I'm a Correctional Officer.

EDIT:

Now I'm back on the hunt for the 3 original species I as after, and still no luck. :(

Pearty

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I'm gary, 22, from newcastle in the united kingdom, just started my collection since i've got my own place for the first time with the girlfriend. we've currently got ourselves two Tarantula's and a corn snake.

oh yeah, and i'm a huuuuuuge linkin park fan

sja69

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I'm Steve, 41 years old and from the UK.

I'm brand spanking new to the hobby but have done as much reading and research as I think necessary to make a start with a new pet (received first animal this morning and will shortly post about it in appropriate forum).

I first became interested in tarantulas and the idea of owning one as a pet a few years ago - this is when I started reading up on the subject and started to collect bits and pieces of equipment in preparation to house a new pet.

However, this (and a few other things) were inadvertently put on the back-burner when my 16 1/2 year old dog passed away a little over 2 years ago, which put me in a bit of a low state for quite a while as I loved the boy to bits, resulting in a lack of motivation to an extent.

But I'm ready now to do some more nurturing, though without the worry of having to leave a pet alone at home for the duration of the long hours that I work (don't worry, I had a dog sitter for my old boy but another dog would be too much hassle right now, not that a spider is a replacement or anything).

I think spiders and other arachnids, in fact exotic creatures in general, are fascinating animals and I'm looking forward to caring for my new pet and watching it grow, as goes for any others I may acquire in the near future.

kyle2010

Arachnopeon
new to boards, and need info

hey, new here, have a tarantula, and im moving at the end of the month. been trying to sell it, but no ones seems to really want it. so ive been trying to find a source that will ship my tarantula. i know of a place that will ship reptiles, but not to sure if they will do arachnids as well. anyone know of somewhere in the gta area that will ship or should i package it up myself and ship it out express to my new adress? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks......:?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, I am smallara98 (Brandon). Im 12 and already have 12 ts :) Very addicted! You can also find my YouTube channel at SmallArachnidBlogger. Planning to have 20 ts or more by the end of this summer :)

mersch

Arachnopeon
Hello all! Just acquired a tarantula this past Friday. haven't had one in almost 20 years! (use to own 8). This recent one was a "rescue" buying. I had been thinking the last few months of getting another pet, I work a lot of 12 hour shifts.I ruled out dogs, cats, birds, was wanting something that was almost carefree. So the tarantula was always coming to the front of my list of a good pet to have with my lifesyle. When I take my grandson to the mall, we always have to go to the pet store. (I hate this pet store) . There have quite of bit of stock that usually seems to be sick or just died. We always stop and look at the tarantulas, the past few times ALL their ts had just recently died, for "various" reasons. They had just received some ts that day. So I got one, hopefully it shall live long and prosper!! So far, 2 and half days later Mr T. is acting normal, ate, and has some webbing. My grandson came up with the name Mr T, (found out later on the news, that friday was actually the real Mr T's B-day, LOL, kind of fitting I think :) Found this site researching tarantulas on the web, found myself forgetting info regarding this creatures.

lancej

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hello

How rude of me! I joined over a month ago and I'm just now getting around to introducing myself (to be honest, I didn't know about this thread)! I'm 40 years old, married to a very understanding, wonderful, arachnophobic (I'm working on this with her) woman (Stephanie), and I have 3 AWESOME children (1 boy, Jason, and 2 girls, Madison and Heather). I kept and bred arachnids from 1990 until 1998, at which time I got out keeping and breeding ( my life was just too busy). I did some collecting to suppliment my income. Now I have more time to devote to keeping and breeding arachnids again. My favorites are tarantulas and scorpions. I started back last year with a few t's, and now I have several hundred. I just got my second sac of the year (P. cambridgei, my first this year was H. mac.).

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Hey, my name is Vincent, I'm from an island near Montreal, and I'm new to keeping tarantulas, but I always loved them. I only have 4 Ts right now, but I hope to get more in the futur!

That's it!

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, name's Danny, from South Africa and pretty new to Tarantulas. Was given my first one as a gift - it was Pterinochilus Murinus (Usumbara Starburst) what a great way to start. No bites yet, except the hobby itself, now have 9 T's and only been in this hobby for about 2 months.

Loving it.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi there,
Starting out as an arachnophobe and ordered myself my first T, a B. Smithi. Spent the last two weeks really researching and been more interested in the because of my entemology class. Had a chance to hold one at a recent bug show and was hooked. Hopefully this will be a good experience. I must say, this site is a wealth of info and thanks.
Chris.

Rex Libris

Arachnopeon
I have no tarantulas. I am researching, thinking to get some in a few months. I like Grammostola pulchripes and understand that they are docile, get large, and don't need high humidity (hard to maintain in this climate). And they're very pretty. They're mostly a little expensive for adults but it looks like raising spiderlings is doable and fun.

The more I look at tarantulas, the cuter they appear.

Nikkeh

Arachnopeon
hey, new here, have a tarantula, and im moving at the end of the month. been trying to sell it, but no ones seems to really want it. so ive been trying to find a source that will ship my tarantula. i know of a place that will ship reptiles, but not to sure if they will do arachnids as well. anyone know of somewhere in the gta area that will ship or should i package it up myself and ship it out express to my new adress? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks......:?
When i moved house i packed mine up in a deli cup with lots of cotton wool inside to make sure no bumps hurt her and kept her on my lap during the journey to the new house.

Wesker 121

Arachnopeon
Guess I'll kick things off by introducing myself. I'm Aaron, and I collect spiders native to here in central Indiana (further if I get the chance). I currently have 2 wolf spiders, a bold jumper, several harvestmen, a yellow garden spider, and a fisher spider.

Lisa Gayle 713

Arachnopeon
Greetings! I am new to the hobby myself. I am looking to acquire a G. pulchra soon. I was "gifted" a G. rosea and I fell in love with the little guy. (Yes, it's a boy. He has the tibial spurs...) Do you know anyone looking to sell any G. pulchra slings?

I totally agree with you about the Singapore Blue. I am soooooooo looking forward to having one.... someday.... when I'm ready.... and I know enough.... They are spectacular!

LethalxLorelei

Arachnopeon
Hiii!

My name is Lorelei and I am about 4 months into the world of bugs. I just started working in a lab and cater to everything from cockroaches, to fruit flies, and of course the tarantulas. I want to learn more about everything so I decided to join this forum, as it looks to be full of awesome people and even more lovely bugs :)

KyuCop

Arachnopeon
Hi all, greetings from Finland. I´m over 50 yrs old guy and have had some birdspiders few years now. Poes are my main interests and have Nhandus and few others here too. Hope to learn a lot from you all.
rgds
Ari