Introduce Yourself

GTiBanshee

Arachnopeon
Introduction

Hello all, first time poster, long time reader. I have a rosie and plan on expanding my invertebrate collection soon to include a scorpion. I'm not sure what species yet so any suggestion would be great. My rosie is named "Mr. Spider", because I've been watching to much TV, and on "My name is Earl all the lets are Mr. or Mrs. whatever... so I liked that and went with it. I also own a vertebrata K9 golden retriever named Cody who loves to sniff the tanks in hope of seeing a cricket move, and then barks till I tell him to back off. I've had a couple cricket escape attempts and Cody has been vital in their recovery and execution for the attempt, buy way of feeding it to my rosie.

Well thanx for listening,

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
Name: Bobby
Major: Environmental Science

Hello everyone. I am a "recovering" arachnophobe (I did not have the phobia until I was 5 for some reason) who is learning to appreciate these creatures. I have already overcome my phobia to the extent that I have become interested in keeping one as a pet ("fuggehdaboutit!" about sums up my parents'-and sister's-reaction) and in doing actual research to try and further the scientific understanding of these creatures.

Much of my phobia came from misinformation I kept hearing about spiders-especially regarding spider bites-so as I learn more about the truth I have found repeatedly that my phobia was pretty much baseless. I actually feel a little bit silly now. I look forward to learning more about tarantulas, and maybe even getting one as a pet someday.

Ryan Pearson

Arachnopeon
Hi all, i'm Ryan from scotland.
I have 17 T's (i want more), 1 true, a snake and a mad dog :p
Hopefully expand my knowledge of spiders a bit more on arachnoboards!:cool:

rommell the fox

Arachnopeon
hi im andy im from west midlands uk and im basically on here for sales at mo and to regale in various articles about my favourite genus of tarantula none other than the good old theraphosa blondi!

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you know, i'm not sure if i ever actually got around to introducing myself? hmmm.

my name is holly, and i've actually been lurking here for a while, nothing serious, just doing research and checking my facts after i picked up my first T (good ol' rosea). i had previously never really been into arachnids (actually, they scared the hell out of me but we see them all the time in the foothills and stuff) but always kept bugs as a kid, mantids being a favourite.

after my first T, i got many fair warnings i'd get hooked but i didn't believe them!... and then i got to handle the sweetest MF G. pulchripes at my LPS and was hooked. i'm up to 4 T's currently, but i have plans for a few more, maybe 15. hopefully the boy wont leave me by then...

my inverts: MF G. rosea, "'captain mal' maleficent reynolds", and my unsexed: G. pulchripes, "sushi", B. bohemei, "wrex" & B. smithi, "riley"

i work at a small chain pet store, and have been for quite some time, so if you start bashing ALL pet store employees you might draw a bit of my ire, but we'll be cool after i say my piece. other than that, i like writing, reading, all kinds of music, and fanning in a couple tv show fandoms. i spend too much time online probably...

and with that i leave you:

;) PEACE ;)

BugBoyShinobi

Arachnopeon
'Sup, I'm Eric, I got 3 scorpions right now, planning on getting one more to finish the two couples, one male and female Pandinus Imperator, and one male/female Pandinus Cavimanus family.

I got TONS of pictures, I think I might be a little obsessed with the critters, my mom always called me "BugBoy" which is where I got the idea for my forum name.

I'm thinking of adding to my collection, not with more scorpions since I'm trying to breed them, need room for more lol, but something like a nice little Goliath Spider would nice, or just something smaller like a Rose hair...

Anyway, thanks for reading and if you guys want to see some scorpion vids I got plenty on youtube.com here's a link to my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaRick1 Enjoy!

popkin

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Katie, 28yrs old, from the CA Central Valley.

Long time.... referencer (I don't think "lurker" quite fits), first time poster. Just about every time I have done a search on land creatures without spines, I end up here, and usually end up using the info. So thanks for that!

I grew up in the foothills catching lizards and rolly-pollies. For as long as I can remember, I've been enamored with Trilobite fossils (strange but true... they're so cute!). What does that have to do with anything? The first time I saw a Blaptica Dubia nymph, I immediately thought that they were the cutest dang things, as they look remarkably similar to my beloved fossil. I only grew to love them more when I got a few to keep, and found them very mellow and camera friendly.

Outside of the world of wildlife, I like to cook. Food for people is fascinating, food for pets is fascinating, and food for food for pets is fascinating to me. I also like to take photographs. About half the subjects on my deviantart account are of the animal variety (link in my profile)

AdieSWA

Arachnopeon
Hi

My names Adrian, Im from the UK and got my first T yesterday (a "rosie") lookign forward to talking to some of you and getting advice haha

bri1989

Arachnopeon
hi! im from the philippines! im new to this hobby and i ve got my first t! an albopilosum! thanks guys!

Mr. Tinkletoes

Arachnopeon
Hi hi hello! I don't yet own a tarantula but I'm going to be getting one on the 27th as a birthday gift from my girl. My entire life I've been horrified of spiders but tarantula's always struck me as different, maybe cause they aren't so small and fast as the usual Saskatchewan spiders..

I'll be getting a rose haired tarantula and I'm very interested to see what the little guy has to offer. I plan to give him/her top quality care so that it may grow to its fullest!

I have pondered the idea of breeding tarantula's and I hope with this experience I will have the knowledge required to do so. :)

Last edited:

Abyssus

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Jon and own 15 tarantulas. I'm an avid collector always looking to find a species that strikes me a "cute." I'm 17 and got my first tarantula at 9.

Dragoness

Arachnopeon
I'm Jen - I have stumbled across these boards a few times while searching for info on bugs. Glad to be here.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Hi All!

I'm Maggie, and I am new to Arachnoboards. I hope to meet many new friends here. The wealth of Info here is just astounding! Greets to all, from Florida! M :)

Biffy Pyro

Arachnopeon
YO! i'm Simon i'm from Glasgow in Scotland, i own a Brachypelma Smithii and a house spider, i have other pets as well, 2 snakes and 2 rats, stumbled on here a few times when i was looking for info on my first T so i thought i'd join!

jb62

Arachnosquire
new

Hi.. I'm John and I'm from England and I belong to two other sites and my t's are 1 subadult B.smithi unsexed. And 1 juvi B.albopilosum.
I heard about this site from robc ( tarantulaguy1976 & Jon3800 ) on YouTube.
I am at the mo researching Brachypelma albiceps for my third t.
I have not has hands on with my t's but might with my albop as it's 4.5cm in size and my smithi doesn't come across as the hands on type.

Hope to chat to you some time.

John.

wokjow

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Hi....hmmm, been planning on joining a site like this for a while. My name is Julian Fischer and I live in Zimbabwe, i have had an avid fascination with bitey crawly things since i was a toddler in Tanzania. when i was old enough to do a bit of research i became obsessed with spiders and snakes and began collecting anything which piqued my interest. starting with rain spiders, whip scorpions,various recluse species, large rock scorpions common to zimbabwe, solifugids,orb weavers,jumping spidrs ,cork trapdoor spiders and when i could finally find them....baboon spiders.

I was always very impressed by theraphosids and all myglamorphs in general with their primitive robotic mannerisms. i started a baboon spider collection and caught a number of species, most of which i couldn't identify. thankfully i documented my finds and photographed my specimens, discovering most of the candidates to be of the harpactira family. I also discovered one day that my dad's farm had an abundance of ceratogyrus species and i began digging em up, most of these i released back into their habitats with one which grew very large and died of old age. today(after four years) i went back to my dads farm and caught a fine ceratogyrus marshalli specimen and decided to join this forum.

so currently i'm looking after one big honduran curly hair named lolita, a baby chilean rose hair, another baby salmon pink birdeater, and the latest arrival a greater horned baboon spider.

I want to know if anyone feels like helping me identify a few of the species i caught when i was younger, i still have the photographs and will happily put them up for discussion {D

thank you!!!

so

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
i have kept T's for awhile now but never saw everything the hobby had. I just got 25+ T's on a craigslist add. 2 goliath bird eaters, 2 white striped bird eaters, 1 pink salmon, 1 orange banded or pink salmon ( I don't know) 1 green bottle blue. 1 orange baboon tarantula, 1 red knee, 1 or 2 choco golden knee (I think), a few rosehairs, a red rump, 1 p. fortis. and some un named ones too. I look forward to posting on here!

jcrow209

Arachnopeon
Hi.I'm Josh.New to this site,and fairly new to the hobby.I have 10 T's and counting.My goal is to own and breed every species in the Poecilotheria and Avicularia genus' as well as soooo many others! I love this site, I'm on everyday.It's so useful and you really feel like your in a little cyber community, awesome!!!Great to be here and meet all of you!!!{D