Introduce Yourself

Andrew Stephens

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi My name is Andy and i live in Grimsby Lincolnshire England
I am new to tarantula keeping (3 days now)
I have 2 x Grammosotola Rosea (Chilean Rose Tarantulas)
they are about 2 1/2 inches from abdomen to front of head
looking for like minded people hopefully some in our area so we can meet and learn from each other

cosmo82

Arachnopeon
I love my T's

Hi Eveyone,
My name is Lea and i keep tarantulas (plus some other things)
I'm relativly new to the hobby, as i've only been keeping them for about 2 years.
I started with Smithi, my Brachypelma Smithi, and i love him so much, shortly after getting him, i got Emilia, my B. Emilia (not exactly imaginative with the names, i know) and it stayed like that untill about 6 months ago when i got a bit carried away.
We now have about 17 T's living here
I've found that Information varies throughout sourses and the only true information will come from experience.
Each spider is different and can sometimes show behavior patterns outside of the stereotypical branding.
The P. Murinus i keep, which is said to be Highly Aggressive by nature. Is nervous, shy and very skittish. She's never reared up and has never shown any signs of aggression.
The H. Lividum i keep, which is said to be aggressive and nervous by nature. is actually quite calm and sometimes even inquisitive.
The G. Rosea i keep, which should be docile and calm, will playfully attack the water as i fill up her water dish.
The only one i'm really having problems with is the A. Avicularia, as it's my first tree spider i'm not 100% sure i'm doing things right.

sloppy

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Audrey. I'm pretty new to keeping Tarantula's but I keep a b.emilia at the moment. It's still just a sling though and I've had her for about 2 weeks. She's currently in hiding though.

Overall, I love T.'s and will probably aquire more in the future!

mn_horse

Arachnopeon
Hello .
Im lena, 29 from MN. I am a horse person ~ as you see........going to hang out here a bit.
Learn a bunch....looks like Ken the bug guy has lots to choose from when I do decide.
yippy.

rexi_doll

Arachnopeon
Hey all :) Bethany from Morgantown, WV. I have 9 t's currently, and have owned a total of 19. Just got into the hobby about a year ago, and I'm looking into breeding my e. murinus pair in the next few months. I am also very interested in reptiles, and look to expand my collection soon!

:)

Térence Bresson

Arachnopeon
Hi

i'm French and my english is so bad sorry

i have 22 years old
i've got a spiders since 10 years and i'm interresting by the genius Cyriocosmus and other little theraphosidae (Hapalopus, Holothele and other)

friendly

Térence

Phancyface724

Arachnopeon
My introduction

I've been a member for about a month now, but never introduced myself. My name is Cosette (pronounced Ko-set since I know you're wondering) and I'm from Nanticoke, PA. I'm 26 and married with 2 children (H. sapiens).

My step father actually got me started in the hobby. He got me a Rose Hair when I was 9 or 10 years old. The only reason he got it for me was to pi$$ my mother off, lol, but I really enjoyed it. I think I had it about 10 or 11 years and then it died. My husband isn't a fan of tarantulas, so the thought of owning another one wasn't really an option...or so I thought.

I got his "permission" to get 1...and only 1, but it couldn't be an aggressive one. :embarrassed: UGH well, that takes the fun away. To make a long story short that was 2 months ago and my collection is up to 21 and I'm expecting 5 more next week. And yes, I have OBTs, Cobalt Blues and Pokies ;P He enjoys the hobby a little bit now, out of curiosity and amazement, but it is my passion.

I'm here to make friends with the same interests and learn as much as I can.

nAscA

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
my name is Rene. Im from Czech Rep. (Europe). I'm interested about tarantulas and scorpions about 16 years.

x007

Arachnopeon
New

Hello everyone I'm from minnesota new to tarantula keeping. Really enjoying it I have 1- 4 inch Brachypelma Boehmei have had for two molts. Also in April picked up Grammostola Pulchripes 5 inch. Not nsure on sexes but working on it. Look forward to talking with everyone.

Bamboo

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Becca and I am from Ottawa, ON (Canada). I am 20 years old and I have been interested in tarantulas for about a year an a half. I don't have any yet, but I was hellbent on researching as much as possible first. I decided that I would like a c. cyaneopubescens and I was waiting for one to be available. Just last week, I found out that a breeder nearby has a bunch of s'lings for sale, and I hope to pick one up. I wasn't exactly planning on a s'ling, but I feel like I'm up to the challenge and it'll be fun watching the little guy or girl grow up.

I love all animals in general, but I am particularly passionate about herps. I also have pet rats, a cat, a 8 year old female GSD, and fish. I consider myself an artist. I love doing pencil and charcoal drawings and painting. Some of my other interests include gardening, cooking and caving. I look forward to getting to know everybody here and exchanging info:D

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been a member for a long time but did not come around the forums much since I moved to Calgary and so I am re-introducing myself. I am Jacen. I have been collecting tarantulas for 10 years. I used to have 27 at the peak but sold or lost most of them when I moved and then subsequently bought a cat that killed a bunch of them. Now I no longer have that cat and my new cat is nice so I have started collecting again. My current collection includes:

Brachypelma albopilosum
Ephebopus murinus
Ephebopus cyanognathus
Grammastola pulchra
Lampropelma violaceopes
Avicularia metallica

ur_face:)

Arachnopeon
hello

Im new into this whole tarantula thing..my boyfriend has been into it for about 2 months now..i just got into about like 3 weeks ago! Im excited, my first tarantula will arrive tomorrow! Im getting an a. versicolor :) We will have a collection of 10 tarantulas by tomorrow. We are sooo excited!

KoreanSpiderMan

Arachnopeon
Hey folks Im new. What can I say since I was a kid ive had a fascination with stuff that can potentially bite me. I grew up in south africa and have fond memories of hunting baboon tarantulas down by the back fence and at the rubbish tip. Scorpions snakes frogs spiders monkeys parrots. If you can think of it ive probably had it at some stage. but im limited mainly to t's because i live in an apartment in korea now. So hi again.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Hello

Hi all. As you can tell from the name I am a reptile person, never thought I would be interested in spiders. I've spent a lot of time watching YouTube videos (mainly Rob C's) and my interest has been piqued. I'm here to find out more and see what happens.

By the way my name is Toni.. my husband is Jeremy. Not sure if he'll be on here much, he's not much of a spider guy, but you never know.

Last edited:

Kari McWest

Arachnopeon
Howdy!

Howdy y'all!
Most of you know me, or know of me, and I'm finally in!

I particularly wanted to join at this momet to promote a Biology of Arachnids class being offered by Angelo State University and Kilgore College. I will post that in the main general announcements thread, so look for it! :D

Kari McWest
ATS Associate Editor
Canyon, TX

j-boy

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!!

My name is Jonathan and I'm 10 years old. I'm in the 4th grade. Now, just because I'm "little" doesn't mean you guys have to treat me like i'm little. I don't own any tarantulas but, I have had a wood spider that was about 4 inches. I mostly colect Black Lace-Weavers (Amaurobius ferox) and Hacklemesh Weavers (Amaurobiidae). At this time
I have a 1 inch Amaurobius ferox that I caught and last night She mated with a male that I found wandering around. I will have an update in her in a few days or so.

Well that is it, i just wanted to interduce myself...

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
Greetings. My name is Christian...I reside in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I got my first tarantula in 1979 and kept them until 2001 (I was very fortunate to have Stan and Marguerite Schultz living just a couple of blocks from me for several years), when I took a break for 9 years. Recently, I purchased a B. albospilosum sling from Ollie Meidinger, and my fiancee became quickly enamoured with Ts...it is now 3 weeks later and we have a burgeoning collection of 14, mostly slings:

0.0.2 Brachypelma smithi
0.0.1 Brachypelma emilia
0.0.1 Brachypelma boehmei
0.0.1 Brachypelma albospilosum
0.0.1 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.2 Avicularia versicolor
0.0.1 Avicularia metallica
0.1.0 Grammasola rosea
0.0.1 Grammastola pulchripes
0.0.1 Aphonopelma hentzi
0.0.1 Vitalius vellutinus
0.0.1 Eupalaestrus campestratus

I know that we will probably have 50+ by this fall.

jamesgriff

Arachnopeon
hey! my name is james and im from chicago il, i been collecting since december my twin brother also collects t's and bought me a rose hair for chrismas, i used to be very scared of them but i man'd up and now not scared at all, im 22 and now have 19 t's im starting off breeding this month with a trio of red faze rose hairs and looking forward to buying more as time goes on to also breed more and more {D

Trigger66

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Been lurking for some time now, had an interesting experience I wanted to share about my latest T. I've had T's on and off for about 30 years now, starting with a Haitian Black (phormictopus cancerides, I think) when I was in still in grade school. Beautiful T that was, had the most amazing purple sheen right after molting. Nasty though, after what I've learned since then I'm glad I chickened out when I first tried to hold it - and never tried again! Since then I've had numerous others, including a King Baboon (male unfortunately, he met his natural demise many years ago), Curlyhairs, a Mexican red-knee (lost him when the heat/electricity went out in the middle of winter), P. Murinus, a T. Blondi. My most recent (and currently only) T is a juvenile Acanthoscurria Geniculata my wife bought for me as a Christmas present. She just molted 3 days ago for the second time, pics will be posted shortly. After her first molt in January, she lost both her fangs! Not sure why, but I did see that they were back after this last molt - Yay!