Introduce Yourself

Alex Wierbinski

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all.
I enjoy observing spiders in the wild. I backpack a lot, and run into all sorts of critters. I figure that making spider-friends can help me identify the spiders I encounter in California's High Sierras.

An example of spiders I've run into is this bad girl, which I observed at 11,100 feet just North of Banner Peak. I was hiking from Lake Tahoe to Mount Whitney, and was taking a side trip up to Lake Catherine, which sits just North of Banner Peak.

I'm putting together a trail guide of the trails between Lake Tahoe and Mount Whitney, and the creatures that are encountered on them. Come on by and visit, and if you all have pictures, accounts, or information on High Sierra Spiders, I would love to post them.

Thanks!

Dawn & Joel

Arachnopeon
Hello all. My wife, DawnEva, and I are just getting into T's. We have kept and bred snakes for the last few years and have been keeping a B. Boehmei since November. We just picked up a couple of C. Cyanopubescens slings, a 1" A. Versicolor, and another 2" B. Boehmei at the Seattle Metro show yesterday. We are looking forward to meeting and learning from all of you more experienced keepers.

SCSImatrix

Arachnopeon
Hi there. I'm a noob to the invertebrate hobby. Also used to be stupidly scared of the smallest spider. lol Well, started last year with a Emperor scorp, which just died :8o, and over the last couple months expanded my new found hobby to:
1 Asian Forest Scorpion
1 Pinktoe
1 Golden Knee
1 Curlyhair
1 Chilean Rose

Lots to learn and lots of time just staring at my fascinating little critters. :D

Oh and I have a ferret also. Boy do I love that little troublemaker. {D

Exos

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! my name is Bogdan,I'm from Romania.I'm in this hobby for about 6-5years and in all this years I have posesed 11 tarantulas.My pasion for insesct, arachnids and everything that crawls around me had arived at a very early age,at about 5-6years.

Sorry for my english in some moments,hope we will understand:)

ametan

Arachnoknight
My name is Leah. My husband and I only have a few Ts at the moment, but I'm already addicted and wanting more and more and more.

junyap

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, My name's Jun Yap, I started in this hobby about half a year ago and this forum is one of the best sources in keeping inverts. I've been a lurker of this site ever since, I look forward to contributing and talking to everyone. Thanks.

Kruggar

Arachnobaron
Seeking specimens

Hello,
I am a technical illustration student looking for interesting arthropods (deceased) to add to my collection. I would gladly exchange an illustration of the specimen for the actual specimen. I live in Ontario, Canada for shipping and handling sake. which I would be willing to cover. Here is the one scorpion I have.

so to anyone who has spiders, scorpions or any other interesting critter that they'd be willing to part with or know anyone else who would be of help, please get into contact with me.

thanks a million Richard

maco

Arachnopeon
this is me

Hi!

My name is Martin. I'm not that long infected with the tarantulavirus, but I already have 43 spiders of the following species:

Acanthoscurria geniculata
Avicularia diversipes
Avicularia huriana
Avicularia versicolor
Brachypelma albiceps (ruhnaui)
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma schroederi
Brachypelma smithi
Brachypelma vagans
Ceratogyrus darlingi
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Cyriocosmus elegans
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi
Ephebopus murinus
Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi
Euathlus sp. Violet
Eupalaestrus campestratus
Eupalaestrus spinosissimus (tarsicrassus)
Grammostola aureostriata
Grammostola pulchra
Grammostola rosea
Hapalopus sp. Columbia
Heteroscodra maculata
Lasiodora difficilus
Nhandu chromatus
Nhandu vulpinus
Pamphobeteus sp. SouthEquador
Poecilotheria ornata
Poecilotheria regalis
Pterinochilus murinus

Great species and a great hobby! I enjoy reading the posts on this site and expect to learn a lot here.

Greetings from The Netherlands

Lor&Chris

Arachnopeon
Hi. I'm Lor, I made this account for my boyfriend Chris and myself to both use. From Ontario, we're 22 and 23.

swampbugg

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

My name is Jessica. I don't have any T's yet, I'm still in the planning stages and trying to absorb as much information as I can before I jump in. I came across this forum and it has proven to be a great resource! I look forward to learning much more from everyone!

MrsWTownsend

Arachnopeon
Hello~ my name is Gina. I like to keep reptiles and invertebrates. In the past I have successfully and not so successfully kept a few different species of invertebrates. Currently I have only one T (Singapore Blue), a pretty recent acquiry, though I do have a want list for a couple of other species. I am looking for a place to learn and hoping that this is it.

Forrest

Arachnosquire
hi my name is forrest, im new to these boards but been keeping tarantulas since i was 10. hope to get to know people n such, was also wondering how i would get access to the canadian forums as im am located there. thanks.

tangonificent

Arachnopeon
New Guy

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the world of keeping tarantulas. In fact, I'm so new that I'm still trying to choose a first tarantula.
I've got my choices down to; a Brazilian Giant White Knee,
or a Gooty Sapphire Ornamental.
For many years, keeping a tarantula is something that I've always wanted to do. So now, I'm finally going to do it.
I really hope to hear some helpful comments or suggestions on my choice of a first tarantula. I really like that Sapphire and I don't mind the price.
Please help me out with some experienced knowledge.
Mike.

LadyOhh

Arachnopeon
Hi there everyone, My name is Heather and I am a newbie to Tarantulas. We recently caught a tarantula locally and have decided to keep it, so are looking for any hints and tricks and know-how to keeping a T.

Glad to be here!

slashes_mom

Arachnopeon
hello

hey everyone!! Names amanda and im new to arachnids just purchased a baby rose haired tarantula so any info anyone could give would be much appreciated. :) hoping to build up my collection of arachnids and reptiles. already have a baby ball python named slash :)

steveingram

Arachnopeon
Hello,

Hello everyone,

I'm Steve from Illinois. I've been keeping various herps and inverts for a while now. I'm always interested in learning more about inverts...looks like i'm at the right place!!{D

take care,
-Steve Ingram

Franko

Arachnopeon
Greetings, everyone. My name is Franko. I'm an old fart who has always been fascinated with spiders, even opening up my house to them. I don't kick them out - I let them in. I even had one in the cab of my old Masda B-2000 pickup. She'd made a nice web on one corner of the windshield and we were all happy until a friend of mine got in the passenger side, saw her and did what a lot of spider haters do. :(

These days I have a few trios of Extreme tangerine Carrot-Tail and Tremper Jungle Leopard Geckos. Lots of eggs coming these past few weeks. :)

Like a lot of folks who are fascinated with Tarantulas, I have taken a shine to Avicularia versicolors and until I can connect with someone with some of these beauties, I'd like to acquire other sub-species to begin with. Feel free to say hello and tell me about Ts.

liquidox311

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Kyle and I'm from the metro Detroit area. I recently bought a nhandu chromatus (white striped bird eater). I had a male Chilean rose for about five years and he passed recently.

I'm looking for another arachnid to add to beginning collection and i am willing to take any advice. i will be posting pics soon :) looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Rotanislek

Arachnopeon
Hey Thurrr!

My name is Kelsie, I've been into inverts for quite a while now, I used to have several tarantulas, a handful of scorpions, a couple of millipedes, a centipede, and an entire colony of hissers, just to list a few. Unfortunately, my boyfriend at the time wasn't crazy about my hobby and I was pressured to give my beautiful bugs to science teachers :( But now that's not an issue and I miss my bugs like crazy. I'm trying to think of what I want for my next tarantula. B. smithi is a classic, G. pulchra is simple and gorgeous, Pokies are AWESOME...we shall see.