Introduce Yourself

Dooley_001

Arachnopeon
Hey all,
My name is Matt and I been into T's for about 2 years now and I keep and breed many aussie species. Will put some pics of my beauties up soon

sufistic

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

I'm a Singaporean mantis breeder. Have been keeping and breeding mantids on and off since I was 11 (30 now). I have my own mantis forum here.

Along the way I've met some Tarantula and Scorpion enthusiasts and made friends with them. At the moment I have two Lampropelma violaceopes slings and I'm falling in love with them everyday.

Looking forward to learn more.

SugarBlossom13

Arachnopeon
New to the hobby

Hey Everyone:

My name's Amanda and I live in Estes Park, CO (7500ft). I just got my first T, a .75in Grammostola rosea from Ken The Bug Guy on 4/8/10. She's my one and only pet right now.

I'm a married mother of two girls ages 7 and 2. My husband does not like spiders, but he's coming around. I've been teaching him everything I learn and I think he's getting pretty interested ... especially when her saw her yesterday.

I am so completely into this new hobby of mine! I want to do it right and follow the advice I'm given ... I'd HATE for sometihng to happen because of my ignorance!

Thanx and I hope to hear from you soon!

yachtmaster

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My name is Gary, I come from the interior of British Columbia, Canada. Have been into tarantulas for about 18 months now, acquired my first tarantula (grammostola rosea; Jim) from a friend whom turned out to be deadly terrified of them, go figure.

Currently share my living space with four tarantulas, a pair or beta fish, a horned frog, a algae shrimp, a toad and... a cat.

I hope to enjoy the tarantula hobby for many a year to come and always look forward to learning about and learning from these creatures.

Thanks.

rooster & hen

Arachnopeon
Hi all ----- I am from Idaho, have been in the hobby for about two years now. Started with one free G. Rosea and now have 7 total. (Was 8 :( We have the rose hair, chaco golden knee, stout legged baboon, curly hair, thai tiger, a costa rican zebra, and a baby giant white knee (3/8) . Along with a giant african millipede, four corn snakes, mice to feed the snakes, and of course a THRIVING colony of roaches to feed the T's. Love this forum, glad to be a part of it. !

Armoworrior

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Joe, and I just bought my first T it's a g rosea. She likes to explore everything around her. Likes being around people and being handled which I thought she wouldn't. But, that's ok with me. I have no problem letting her out to explore her new area. Everytime I open her enclosure she climbs up her log and waits for my hand before she presedes. This should be fun for both of us

The Mack

Arachnosquire
What's Up?

I just got my first tarantula last week, a T. Blondi and I love it! I did lots of research, much of it from this site, before I made the purchase and I feel comfortable with it. I'm not sure if its a male or female yet. . I keep it in a 10 gallon tank with eco-earth coco fiber substrate, a half-log hide and a water dish. Just feeding it crickets for now. . it is always hungry!

Like most others here I'm sure, I am fascinated with Tarantulas and I look forward to watching my T. Blondi grow and also possibly getting some more little friends !

trevoreag1

Arachnopeon
hello everyone

ok, never did a thread before,not sure im even doing this right. so anyway ive had a rosehair for about three years just for fun, then just less than a year ago me and my wife really got into it and now we have an assortment of about 15. im glad i joined this website though because i know i have a lot to learn. anyway, im from the lake county area of illinoise, thats al li have for now.

morelia

Arachnopeon
hello all i am rather new to the invert scene i began keeping roaches about 18 months ago and then i got my first scorpion about 6 months ago and now i have 4 species of roaches a total of 5 colonies and 3 scorpions and 1 centipede and i am lucky enough to live in Arizona where wild scorpions are rather plentiful and i have enjoyed observing them in the wild for years and i made the leap to keeping them in captivity i am still learning the latin for inverts currently so forgive my use of common names
and other then inverts i have a growing collection of reptiles which i am more experienced in and i listed a more detailed list of my critters on my profile not to sure how that works but i filled it out and hit saved so it should be there lol

Nick

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Nick I'm 24 and live near tampa florida. I have a hefty female metallic pinktoe, a rose hair, and a orange baboon as well as 4 emporer scorpions. More to come when the time is right. I'm hungry for knowledge about all species of arachnids and plan on being into it for along time. This place is amazing! I've only been a member for a couple of hours and tons of questions have been answered!

firefly

Arachnopeon
hay guys. i am new my name is Cassie. i am a mother of two. my brother is the one that got me to join. he gave my 4 year old daughter her first tarantul for easter. So i am here to learn all i can about tarantula and get ready to get my own.

Saul Good

Arachnopeon
Hey people..

...Just thought I'd introduce myself :)

I'm 20 next month, I'm from Scotland :p

I haven't been keeping long but I already have a little collection forming :)

Im also a Guns N roses fan :}

SmallX

Arachnopeon
Hi, my netname is SmallX. I moved from Waterloo to here in London last year (both places are in Ontario, Canada). Too bored to live alone in my apartment and decided to get a company with eight legs. I am going to put a sign on my door, saying: BE AWARE OF GIANT SPIDER ;P

Drenalin

Arachnopeon
Newbee

I live in Kentucky and work as a Law Enforcement Officer. I've been raised a country boy and the only creature I'm scared of is spiders :8o. I've handled everything up to venomous snakes but spiders seem to always send a chill up my spine. However, I find myself filled with curiousity when it comes to tarantulas. I have been told by many that to overcome my fear I should face it. I know of no one in my area that owns a tarantula and therefor considering owning one myself. I know very little about the many different species of tarantula but would like to own one that grows fairly large but at the same time is not too aggressive as I hope to eventually handle it with my bare hands overcoming my fear. Any suggestions from veteran owners out there would be very appreciated.:?

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
Hi, I live in Quebec and I have been keeping Tarantulas for 7 years now and it's becoming more and more difficult to not buy tons of them.

Paleofish

Arachnosquire
Hello!

Hello all! Right now I just have one T that I have found. I am not sure of the species, But I am sure it's a Aphonopelma sp. I found it in rockport texas, So if anyone wants to give a shot at iding it let me know!

Evil Seedlet

Arachnopeon
Hey there! My name is Phillipa but most people call me Seedlet. I am brand new to the Tarantula hobby (they haven't even got her yet!) But I am MAJORLY excited about it!

I am living in Oklahoma but I am from Ohio. I am 21 and a girl? lol and I love KITTY CATS! I have 3 of them. I don't have any other sort of inverts or reptiles or anything. My "profession" is a painter/artist, I have an Etsy shop and have sold a few things. Art is also my major hobby. I like anime and Japanese things, I am a touch goth and very geeky. I like comics (especially Deadpool <3) and the internet and videogames, though I don't really have the money to be as "into" them as I'd like to be. I am probably missing some things, but we can find out together! YAY!

Last edited:

Lenac

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Malene and I live in Denmark.
I'm pretty new to this hobby and there are so many spiders I want in my colletion and I will keep you updated on how that goes.

krendoshazin

Arachnopeon
Hello all, I'm 26 from England. I've been collecting tarantulas for about 10 months; I bought some spiderlings on a forum from an owner who had bred her tarantulas. I have a Brachypelma albopilosum - who is one of the most docile creatures I've ever met - and a Nhandu chromatus - who is a bit skitish but is perfectly manageable. I've fallen in love with tarantulas and plan to get some more in the future, they're wonderful creatures.

I'm pretty much a science nerd, bookworm, and a hardcore computer geek all rolled into one (I hate stereotypes but I don't mind using them as a general description). I study psychology and would like to pursue it further as a profession. I enjoy collecting unusual animals and plants so that I can experience them first hand (I doubt that they could outnumber my ever increasing collection of books though, but I seem to be giving it a try anyway).

Katja

Arachnopeon
Hello from Waterford City, Ireland. I'm actually Danish but have lived in Ireland 8 years now. I work as a Social Worker and have husband (very patient) and two kids.

I have been keeping reptiles for a number of years now but only recently bought my first spider. I cannot believe how long it took me!

At the moment I'm learning and reading everything I can get my hands on in relation to spiders.

I have at the moment a Mexican Redknee, Mexican Red Rump, Curly Hair, Pink Toe and Costa Rican Tiger Rump. I'm absolutely facinated by these little creatures, their hunting abilities and their building projects.

I have a long list of "spiders to get" so will keep you informed of how I get on.

Looking forward to gaining more knowledge on this forum.

I have at the moment also a Nicaraguan Dwarf Boa and a Royal Python. I also keep an Alligator Snapping Turtle, a Common Snapping Turtle and a Razor Back Musk Turtle.