Introduce Yourself

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi...

My name is Russ and im new to arachnoboards and im looking to expand my knowledge and perhaps someday get into a field where i can use this knowledge to make money...livin the dream i guess hah. im 23 and i live in Lansing Michigan where i work pretty much all the time, but i love what i do so it gets me by.

blancse

Arachnopeon
More into Photography than Spiders

I am retired and more into snakes than spiders. However, I also love photography and will try to take photos of any nature scene I come upon. Found a spider in my yard and took a photo, but can't figure for sure what it is. Can I get help on this site for this?

Johnnyj

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello

Hi guys,

My name is John, long time lurker/first time poster. I just purchased my first T, deciding to go with the good ol "pet rock" G. Rosea. I did my research as as a complete beginner to the hobby I wanted to go with something tried and true. Perhaps in time I will step up to different specimens should the experience with the first prove positive.

I will be posting some pics up soon, although I'm sure to you they will be quite boring =). Anyway, just sayin hello.

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm Jenn and this is my second tarantula to own. I have a pink toe, and hadn't owned one since I was 17. Im 30 now and thought it was time to show my kids how cool they are. Funny I am pretty afraid of other spiders but tarantulas are just fuzzy, who knows, not quite arachnophobia.

We've had him for 2 weeks and haven't named him yet, im pretty sure it's a male with the hooks on the first 2 legs

Last edited:

Makuta11

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Hello everyone,
My name is Ryan, and I live in New Jersey. While I am new to this site, I am not new to inverts. Most of my experience is with spiders, but I have kept some of the more venomous scorpions in the past as well:D . As far as inverts go, I curently have a female H. lividum, a female L. parahybana, and I breed L. hesperus (I will soon start breeding mactans as well). I have been keeping reptiles for just about my entire life, and I have my current ones listed in my profile:D . I just recently set up a Pirhana tank, as well as an Oscar tank.

Anyway, just saying hello, and that I'm glad to be a member of this site:D

Lulabell_88

Arachnopeon
Hi,
My name is Lacey.
I'm terribly afraid of spiders.
When my boyfriend first told me he had a tarantula I was freaked out and refused to look it it.

2 years later and I'm quite fond of her :)

My boyfriend got her off of his brother who hadn't had her very long when his wife made him get rid of her.

Thing is, he has no idea what the ideal conditions are for a tarantula. We give her crickets once every month or so, and she's molted I think 3 times this year.

I'm just trying to figure out what she needs as I really have no clue.

Grinz_Reaper

Arachnopeon
Hello All And Plz Help

hey Arachnoheads

my name is Dominic and im worryed about my emporer scorpion

she started to get very aggressive over the past week now, she wont eat, she jus kills the crickets i feed her and i cant hold her while she agro like this, she wont let me hold her and its worrying me
the only thing i can think of as the problem is she mite be preparing for LIL scorplings !!!

PLZ HELP ME

{D GRINZ :D

kimji

Arachnopeon
hi,
i'm 36, from the Netherlands living in Germany, new here, since a while we've a couple of H. spinifer and a P. imperator.
We do have a pogona viticeps as well and 2 cute little spiders. I joined the forum to learn about species unknown to me.

centroidelady

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone-I am athlon2k2's gf. I guess AZ bark scorps are my favorite although i know i spelled centruoide wrong...and probably did again. :) lol. I love all arachnids and scorpions and learning more about them. When we visit vendors and big distributor stores I make sure they are being well cared for or else I will give them a piece of my mind! Love the group, thanks for having me!!!:}

OutWest

Arachnopeon
Hi ~
I'm new to Aracnoboards too....I am not afraid of most spiders but I have seen a few that look scary enough to me. We have a beautiful Kukulcania that has been living in between our kitchen cupboards for about 8 months. I finally saw her out a couple of weeks ago. I was so glad to find this board to get more information about them. I'm actually thinking of keeping her and her mate as pets if I can get them in a container. This is a great place to see all your spiders and to get some help. Thank you.
www.beachbodycoach.com/inshapetoday

Last edited:

exit

Arachnopeon
Hi im Lourens... from south africa, this site really helps, its hard to find good info on T's in SA. thanx!:rolleyes:

AnimalFreak

Arachnopeon
Well now it's my turn :)

I'm Desmond, a 22 year old guy from The Netherlands. After a study of Animal Care, I finished last summer my education of Veterinary Assistant. And working fulltime at an Animal Clinic.

What I love to do, beside taking care of my animals, are listening to music, traveling, photography and I love to cook! :rolleyes:

What kinda animals do I have?

Well after having a lot of different turtles, snakes, lizards and vertebra, I only have at the moment:

- 1.0.0. Mustella putorius furo (male Ferret called Iwan, he's 5,5 years old now (his buddy died this spring... :( )
- 1.0.0. Testudo graeca ibera, about 6 years old.
- 1.0.2. Testudo hermanni boettgeri, the male from 2005, the others from 2007
- 0.0.1. Brachypelma albopilosum, about 3 years old I think...
- 1.0.0. Brachypelma smithi, about 2,5 years old...
- 0.0.1. Brachypelma vagans, about 0,5 year.
- 1.0.0. Pandinus cavimanus, no idea about the age...

What do I want to buy in the next couple of months:
- 0.0.2. Avicularia versicolor

Well that's about it people, any questions? :p

Greetz Desmond

spiderez

Arachnopeon
ATLFROG.com

Hello all. My name is Merek. I have been in the reptile and amphibian hobby for over 25 years. I have been dealing with Inverts and Arachnids for a better part of 10 years. We do not advertise Inverts and Arachnids on our site, so please let me know. Thanks. Hope I can meet get to meet some of yeah! {D

mze

Arachnopeon
hi

hi,
my name is axel and i'm keeping spiders and scorpions for nearly two years now. I'm from germany (osnabrueck) and working at the university of applied sciences in osnabrueck. my favorites are african tarantulas and scorpions. i hope to find lot's of informations an meet lot's of people.
regards axel

Coastalsavvy

Arachnopeon
hi

Hi! My name is Jennifer--I am fairly new to spiders, although I've been fascinated by them for many years.

I am planning to go back to school as a returning student next fall to get my degree in entomology with an emphasis on arachnids.

I do not have any spiders except for an occasional Hobo or yellow sac, or steotoda that I catch in a jar and study with my daughter a few days before releasing, but plan to get a Mexican Red-kneed or a Pink Toed Tarantula next year. (I want my daughter to be able to handle it too, and she is just not old enough right now)

Nice to meet everyone!:)

doppelganger

Arachnopeon
Well, ummm, hi there.

I'm a guy from Finland, found this page when searching info about tarantulas. Sorry if my english isn't so good, I haven't been writing in english in a long time.

So, uh, the basics about me.. Well let's see, born in 1986, interested about tarantulas in age 12 or so, I play guitar, and I like snakes and lizards.. Oh! And I have two dogs with my girlfriend.

Animals, besides dogs, are:

Tarantulas:
0.0.1 Brachypelma albopilosum
0.0.1 Brachypelma boehmei

Snakes:
0.0.1 P. guttatus

Lizards:

1.0 E. maculata

claymore

Arachnopeon
Hi i'm Clay

Hi my names Clay.

Some of you might know me from fat frogsforum.

I love Herps!

My Collection consists of...

2 Cranwellis Pacman frogs
1 Ornate Pacman
1 Mint Cranwellis Pacman
1 Green Fantasy Pacman
1 Grey tree frog
4 Whites tree frogs
1 male Hypo Tang Tail Leo Gecko
1 female Raining Red Stripe Leo Gecko
1 C.H. Rough Green Snake
1 Mexican Black King Snake

And one Camel Spider!!!

Which brings me here!
I've always been kind of afraid of spiders and scorpions and other inverts (except Mantids).

And now I'm proud owner of my fear and my fasination!!!
And I think i'm hooked!

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
heya everyone

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff, i'm 30 years old and i live in Quebec. I've been reading stuff on this site for quite a while. I got myself a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (spiderling) so i finally decided to create an account here. Its my first tarantula ever. I can tell you it wont be my last! :)

Jeff

Last edited:

Benzin

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I am Benzin and writing from Hungary. I've been keeping spiders for 4 years. I have got allergie against spider hair so I have to change my collection. Although I still have A. geniculata,T. blondi and some Grammostola I focus more on Asian burrower, mainly Chilobrachys and Selenocosmia species. I love them and want to know everything about them.I also trade them.