Introduce Yourself

curlyterence

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,my name is Ricky

I'm new to Tarantulas,always wanted one and ive been trying to get my gf to agree finally wore her down with a new puppy lol

I have just the one Tarantula at the minute only had him/her 3 days,he/she is a Curly Haired (Brachypelma albopilosa) and is a cute as can be (even my gf agrees,even though i never thought she'd say that lol)

Aeb400

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all! Glad to find such a great forum to support our hobbies...

Looking forward to buying/selling/trading, you know the whole hobby thing!
Glad to be part of this forum!

Tarantula_man94

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im gabriel. Im 14 years old and I want a snake. my parents wont let me get one. so one day i asked for a tarantula and got my first rosie. Havnt thought about a snake ever since.

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I thought I'd join and see how this goes. Been Keeping all kinds of exotic animals for about 3 years give or take. I love tarantulas, but I must admit I prefer snakes. Currently own Avicularia avicularia, Pterinochilus murinus, Grammostola rosea, Brachypelma smithi, and Brachypelma emilia. Had a Haplopelma lividum (was gorgeous) that passed away and a Hysterocrates gigas pass away (got him from a bad breeder :(... was kind of mad but oh well)...

Charmed

Arachnopeon
Hi all i´m new here and this is my first post. I`m 35 from Sweden living in Germany, i´m new to all this with reptiles, but i´m intrested, so in march this year i got a beradagam, he is 5 years old very friendly and social. Last weekend the family got bigger, the new familly members are a Brachypelma smithi 0.0.1 a Brachypelma albopilosum 0.0.1, Pandinus imperator 0.1.0 and Heterometrus Spinifer 1.1.0 found this forum by accident, and it seems very good. Looking foreword to learn a lot from the ones that can.

redsaw

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm new here just wanted to say hi. Currently have 1 G.rosea & 5 P. cambridgei slings.

mikeumus

Arachnopeon
Hello Everybody!

Gooday mates!

Mikeumus here.

I am here because I believe I found a baby taranchula yesterday in a portipoty. lol.

He has three eyes, is very tiny, and extremely cute. I instantly feel in love with him(or her).

I am also interested in general spider research, as a spider's web is a very mysterious substance scientifically and has been suspected by researchers David Wolfe and Dr Berry Carter to be possibly pure ORMUS or ORME. Not to mention a spiders web is 10x or so stronger than steel!!!!!?!?!?!!?!?!

So it's definitely something interesting to research.

If anyone is interested in researching with me or knows where to point me to, then please communicate with me in one of three ways:

• Reply to this post
  • Send me a PM(private message) here on the Arachnoboards
  • Email me at mikeumus@msn.com

Peace and Love,

Mikeumus

Iraqnid Rob

Arachnopeon
Hello All, the names Robby.

I believe I caught an Aphonopelma iodius about 2 months ago up in the local hills and he's very nice. I have a few questions and hope you guys will be able to answer them. Thanks

ScorpionsPDX

Arachnopeon
Another insect geek here in the forum :)

Hey i would like to introduce myself, my name is Aaron. I'm in the Portland area, i have two emperor scorps and a rosehair T. I have more on the way :). I hope to breed my emps and start a community tank.

Bethlovesspider

Arachnopeon
Hi...I don't have a baby spider yet. Ii took me some time to mourn the loss of my male Costa Rican, named Little Spider. It has been two years. I want to get a female Redknee, however, I am hesitate to get one mailed ordered, and one from the pet store, for it has been said they are often wild caught. I been having no success. I live in Pennsylvania. I currently own a Iguana named Stinkwad. She is three years old, and is such a diva. She has her own bedroom and bathtub.

Suzjohnson

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good Afternoon!

Hi!
My name is Suzanne. Although not new to spiders, many live free in my home, I am new to the great fondness for tarantulas. They have always been a curosity to me until two weeks ago I discovered one marching down the driveway. Constant reading has made clear to me it was a male out looking for girls. A second unit was spotted just a few evenings ago but this dear fellow looked weathered, worn and wobbly. My first encounter prompted me to begin investingating care and feeding, followed by a trip to a local pet store and subsequent purchase of my first T, a Grammostola rosea that is a gorgeous copper color. I've studied many things in my life but this may be one of the most interesting. I'm happy to have found such a wonderful community of like minded folks.

SpiderLady79

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi from Goshen, IN USA

I hope I am doing this right been awhile since i have been on boards my name is Kareen I have a rose hair female she is our first was bought for our daughter but I take care of her and claim her as mine LOL her name is Sara I have a lot of questions so sorry if i become a bother but we are new to this and we want to do it right we have had her for about 2 weeks and love her to death

JasonCrowl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Myself

My name is Jason and I've owned tarantulas since '93, and I love them very much...after the 1st of the year I plan on buying an Usambara Baboon and a Venezuela Sun Tiger...my daughters are also interested in my hobby, and I also own 2 leopard gecko's.

I also love sports, reading, travel, and I love to hunt...

Have a nice day everyone.

Jason

Autonerd

Arachnopeon
First timer

Hi -- I'm Aaron, I live in Los Angeles, and I just got my first tarantula, a G. rosea (see, I'm talking like an arachnopro already). We actually adopted a dog from a young couple, and they asked if we could take their tarantula also. My wife and I know lots about dogs but nothing about spiders, so I was put in charge of this little project due to my history*. So I'm trying to learn all I can as fast as I can to make sure we provide a good home for our as-yet-unnamed tarantula. It seems as if the old owners may have made a few mistakes (bark substrate, sponge in the water, etc.) so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions!

Aaron

* A while back, my kids won two 25-cent feeder goldfish which cost me $10 in school carnival tickets. Three years and $300 (and climbing) later, they are thriving. Apparently, everyone else's fish died within two weeks. Our goldfish *totally* hit the jackpot.

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys, I'm Pablo, from Brazil (ironic spanish name for a Brazilian born guy, huh?), and im the proud future owner of a Acanthoscurria Atrox, she is so beautiful, haha. Hope i can help and be helped here :}

Wednesday

Arachnopeon
S'up..

I'm new here. I got my first T last month. A. Versicolor "Wednesday".. He's only 1" right now and getting ready to molt.

I reasearched T's for a year before making the decision that's what I needed to do to cure my life long phobia of spiders.. Hey it worked!

I just purchased my second T.. G. Rosea "Gomez" 2 weeks ago. He's almost (or already) full grown but he's a trip to watch as he snorks down the crickets like they're going out of style (he's also called Piggy)

Already thinking of the next T's to get.. I still need Morticia/Kid kid and Pugsly/Ghastly.. Thinking B. Smithi for sure and open to suggestions for another docile for beginner species..

Cheers,

Holly

chameleon_315

Arachnopeon
Hello all, I'm Cami.
I've been working with T's for two years and keeping for a couple months. My A. versicolor sling is only about an inch, but is due for a molt soon and eats voraciously. Ever since I started keeping them myself I've found it to be quite addicting--I find myself trying to soak up as much information from ATS and this forum as humanely possible. I can't wait till I move out of the dorms in three months so I can get many more. :) And so, the obsession has been born......

bilko

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I am Bilko from Somerset in England, just joined the forum finding it very interesting, am a long time collector of T's and look forward to picking up and passing on any useful information regarding these facinating and intersting 8 legged friends

starfox181

Arachnopeon
Hiyo, my name's Mike, I hail from the mountainous coast of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not completely new to tarantulas, I bought my first one, a common pinktoe about 4 years ago, but it only lived for a year, not making it through it's first molt with me. I held off on getting another one until about 4 months ago, when I bought a baby G. Aureostriata from a breeder at a reptile show in Alberta. Since then it has molted several times and is now about 2.5". It's name is Bowie, seeing as I dont know if it is male or female, and it used to dance when I fed it. :D I've been looking around for a good tarantula forum and this seems to be the most active one I could find, so I hope to become a regular contributing member of this group, and look forward to learning from and teaching people anything I can.