Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, the pot had been more of a cave, but she collapsed the substrate and i had to quickly put things back on solid ground.

i've tried to get in there and re-bury it, but she won't have anything to do with me working in there :p

she won't listen that it's in her own interest, either.

EDIT: apparently she heard you. she let me shutte her to another cup so i could repair her hide spot. no more ostrich!

Last edited:

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice pictures and thank you for sharing. I saw a little 2" G rosea today that almost came home with me. I think they are highly underrated and just tons of fun! I recently shipped my male off to breed and I sure do miss that gentle guy.

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah, I just got this female from a friend who has a lot of them. Definitely underrated, I think it's beautiful, and now I'm glad I ended up with a species that's so docile and easy to handle.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
yea they are underrated. yours looks very nice...has it molted in your care yet? they look awesome after a molt.

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
xgrafcorex said:
yea they are underrated. yours looks very nice...has it molted in your care yet? they look awesome after a molt.
Hasn't molted yet, I'll be sure to get pictures right after it does though.

Wee Man

Arachnopeon
I thought it would be nice if I contributed something... so here is my Rose:

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This girl is crazy. She is webbing like she was a Chilobrachys.

I love this picture. Look at the web at the spinnerets... cool :)

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is crazy. I love how she webs up everything, except the entrance to the little hide. Not even my GBB webs close to that much.

necroscope

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
very nice pics, my rosea seems to lay a web all over the substrate but not quite like that.I love the rainbow effect on the web still moist coming off the spinnerets.

cheers mike{D

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
so are there silk glands all over the spinnerets? i just always figured it came out of the tips, but the picture seems to suggest otherwise. :eek:

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Don't feel too bad, it threw me for a loop too when I first found out that it is ejected along the entire length of the spinnerettes. I always thought it came out their butt and they used the spinnerettes to stretch and place it.... :eek:

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hehe I think we are all more or less guilty of that. Thx for the comments.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Been trying to mate a couple of G.rosea females and i caught the male stuck in this position for quite sometime. {D

Endora

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You know someone will end up saying this : Rosie are always weird. I have seen mine in that same position, but i wasn't trying to breed her or anything, she just does some weird poses at times , actually more often then not :D