Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crimsonpanther said:
Ill bet some money on that !
Nice looking T you have there , i find Roses are under-rated as well...
They have some of the funnyest personalitys , thanks for sharing :clap:

Thank you, she's definitely a cutie! :) This one of mine does some pretty strange things sometimes, but she's got her own 'personality' - so to speak. I just wonder what that Rosea sling of mine is going to look like one day... :?

Sarah

alucard1965

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice spider.I got a rose sling for free with some othe stuff I bought cant wait till it's yours size mine is about as big as a quarter. I got a G.pulchra sub adult about a year old not very big only about a 1-2 in but you might like one of them they get jet black and shiny when full grown and are very nice.Well wellcome to the boards and have fun:D

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks :) I honestly don't know how old my tarantula Rozz is. I believe she's nearly full-grown, but according to whom I bought it from, he told me it arrived at the store one year ago. And.. according to him, it was about an inch long. I don't see how a Grammostola Rosea could possibly grow 4 inches within the span of 1 year. That just isn't possible with how long it takes for a G. Rosea to grow. The only conclusion I came to was he could have been thinking of a different spider. Thanks for the welcome, I'm definitely enjoying this board and this 'addiction'!

Sarah

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This past weekend was round 2 for the mating game. The female was the aggressive one until he finally took control. Her fangs were really exposed and I thought it was going to end in a Tarantula sandwich. They were joined for about 60 seconds and he pinned her against the glass before making a quick retreat. I love this guy but he is being shipped to Ohio when the weather breaks.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow! Those are some great pics! Good luck with a sac.

Endora

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
realy nice pics.i suck at taking them at the right time. good luck with everything.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sarah_88 said:
Drachenjager, that's a nice rosie you have - male or female? This one I have is a male and he cost $19.99. I'm not sure if that was a good deal or not, but I didn't care as I wasn't walking out of that store without him, he's too darn cute :D Well, enough talking - you want photos! (Crowd screams in an annoyed tone, "YES!!!")

Sarah
To be honest i dont know if its male or female havent had a molt while in my possession, hoping female tho. I gave $10 for mine they gave me a discount for the one bum leg that will be normal next molt lol go figgure

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Drachenjager said:
To be honest i dont know if its male or female havent had a molt while in my possession, hoping female tho. I gave $10 for mine they gave me a discount for the one bum leg that will be normal next molt lol go figgure

That really isn't too bad pricewise, considering the leg will most likely grow back without any complications :clap: - keep me posted! Generally pet shops are weird about having animals that 'aren't perfect' and will pretty much give so-called bum animals away :D They probably think it reflects poorly upon them as a pet store. Sometimes, it does. This one store I went in and I spoke to a woman there about tarantulas, she asked me if I spoke to someone who worked there (I'm thinking, "Oh yes, I talked to that one already...") My only reply was "Yes". She says, "Oh, (insert whoever it was here), that's our tarantula expert! So-and-so knows everything about tarantulas!" That person was also the one who told me wood chips were perfectly suitable for tarantulas :mad: plus, they have sponges in all (three) water dishes for the tarantulas, 2 cobalts and 1 rosea, which is about three times smaller than the one I have. I'm hoping they're smart enough to push the sponges out of the way... I don't see how my T survived there for most of her life.

Sarah

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
you have to upload it from your computer to the boards first, OR to an image hosting site and link it from there.

edit..spelling

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ruby: You can't link to a picture on your hard drive. You have to upload it somewhere first. Imageshack or photobucket both work.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my lil' rosie thinks she's an ostrich. sometimes i catch her literally doing a head-stand in the corner. she hasn't figured out how to bury her head yet, as she has no neck...

unfortunately, i haven't gotten a picture of her displaying her full gymnastic abilities...

Last edited:

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ostrich

The G. rosea is doing that because they like darkness and safety. The retreat inside the tank is too open and lets too much light in, making the spider very nervous and insecure. Try making her "den" smaller, which will not let in as much light.