Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

Mr_Baker4420

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
now you need to find a male. i've been trying to find one for my female because she is about to molt. it seems that there are no mature male g.rosea available. would you happen to have one?

kraken

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
AWESOME!!!!:worship: :clap: :clap: :clap: !!! I have YET to get a molt in good shape like that!!

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the compliments. I am trying to find a male. I think there are a lot of em out there, but they are in the hands of novices that do not want to ship, or more experienced people have them but dont want to breed them because they dont want the slings around to have to get rid of. Anyways, i finally got my videos up onto the net (I have dial-up so it took a really long time to upload)
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y3...ale G rosea/?action=view&current=DSCN1444.flv
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y3...ale G rosea/?action=view&current=DSCN1445.flv
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y3...ale G rosea/?action=view&current=DSCN1464.flv
Oh yes, and i should probably add the sequence too.
I noticed her at 6pm and watched her til 1:30am when she finished. The part where she popped her carapace and started to pull her legs out took from 11pm to 1:30. Her molt is appx 4 inches.

Last edited:

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yesterday I noticed she took to hiding under the half plant pot and this morning I got a nice surprise!
Hopefully in a few days she will take a cricket.

Bio-Dorc

Arachnopeon
I have not posted in this forum for ages. Did not feel too motivated after first losing my E campestratus to old age and shortly after that, My B smithi to a bad molt...
Anyways, my other T's are doing very well and my tiny G rosea who is always underground came topside to reveal herself not to be so tiny anymore...
Took the opportunity to steal a pic.

Last edited:

Sof

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice, I recently got a B.albopilosum that doesnt stop eating lol.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got back from the Breeders show in Tinley Park. (ok got back a few hours ago) and here is what we got from Botar,

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great looking spider you got there! I just recently got this RCF female from TangledWWWeb, and she, too, is a beauty! Right now, she looks more like an "Orange-phase", but I'm pretty sure she's in pre-moult. She's got a bald patch on her abdomen with that dark streak running through it, she's really fat, and she is refusing food-all pointing towards a moult in the not-too-distant future. She's a lot calmer than most of my G. roseas in pre-moult, though; most of them become absolute demons at this time!

pitbulllady

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Terrific rosie you have there! Looks exceptionally healthy :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pitbull Lady,
She is stunning!!!!! How big is she? Have you or are you going to breed her? She is wonderful!

border

Arachnopeon
Very Very pretty T!
:embarrassed: Fellows: I caught some years ago in his own enviroment G.rosea an is
exactly "red colour form"..like your pics.Please not more new colours,because
that is the original colours,for that reason is "rosea" ( pink,red,etc..).
Anyway and after a lot of years breeding in captivity,the original colour return
and appear...the nature really is wise...but:embarrassed: please not more "new colours":liar:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:embarrassed: Fellows: I caught some years ago in his own enviroment G.rosea an is
exactly "red colour form"..like your pics.Please not more new colours,because
that is the original colours,for that reason is "rosea" ( pink,red,etc..).
Anyway and after a lot of years breeding in captivity,the original colour return
and appear...the nature really is wise...but:embarrassed: please not more "new colours":liar:
No one is claiming a new color. There are regular and red phase G. rosea tarantulas and both colors occur naturally in the wild. No one has claimed that the red phase does not occur in nature or that it is new. Mine was a wild caught. The only thing new about red phase G. roseas is now I own one.